No more lottery with items!!

SunnyBun

Instead of buying a pack and it being a random grab bag, you need to make it so that all the items are listed at a price. Then whatever we want to have, we purchase. That way we don't have to buy pack after pack after pack trying to get an item that we never get, while other players exploit that and charge millions of credits on the GTN for it. Unless of course, that's the ruse and you are scamming us out of our money...but you wouldn't do that, now would you? :confused:

Instead of buying a pack and it being a random grab bag, you need to make it so that all the items are listed at a price. Then whatever we want to have, we purchase. That way we don't have to buy pack after pack after pack trying to get an item that we never get, while other players exploit that and charge millions of credits on the GTN for it. Unless of course, that's the ruse and you are scamming us out of our money...but you wouldn't do that, now would you? :confused:

Buying packs in the hopes of getting a specific item is the absolute worst way to go about it. Buy packs, sell on GTN, buy what you want off the GTN. Win/win.

That said, I wouldn't care if they put everything up a la carte. Or if they leave it as is. It's just a game. No one ever died because they couldn't get Thana Vesh's chest guard.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Changing their method would make the cartel market less profitable. There are a lot of people that will continue to buy packs until they get what they want.

as much as I hate to gamble, the way the packs work is great.

I just buy packs, sell them on the GTN, then buy specific items I wish. The only hard thing is buying old items in packs no longer available, but hey, that's how the market works.

BW mad a great design choice in allowing people to sell everything they get off the cartel market on the GTN. It makes players happy and keeps their profits up.

I just got finished saying in a similar thread, personal responsibility. IBioware found a way to offer a product that people are willing to spend money on, so now they should stop making money that way because you or someone else like you has self control issues? You don't have to buy the packs. Or you can buy the packs and sell them for a good amount and buy what you want directly if you want. Hell, I'll buy a Hypercrate open all but 10 so I get the "Christmas morning surprise" part. If I get a good drop then great. Then put the last 10 on the GTN to sell. So if I didn't get something I wanted or all of set X I can then buy it with the credits I made in game. You have options. Either way, no scam involved here. You aren't paying money into something and getting nothing in return. You are getting a set of items in each one of those packs for the coins you spend.

That's exact what they are doing, scamming you out of your money OR you can look it at this way, you are to weak to resist the packs "items" !

Don't get me wrong i don't like the packs either, never bought one and never will, but as long as there are "lesser minded" players buying the packs there here to stay.

Personally i find the packs "border-line" and this should be under some sort of gambling law, cus that's what is it, you gamble your money in order to get the best loot! but most of the time you get crap and useless items. anyways they don't say you have to buy the packs, so don't buy em, if everyone stops buying the dame packs then eventually they will go away.

That's exact what they are doing, scamming you out of your money OR you can look it at this way, you are to weak to resist the packs "items" !

Don't get me wrong i don't like the packs either, never bought one and never will, but as long as there are "lesser minded" players buying the packs there here to stay.

Personally i find the packs "border-line" and this should be under some sort of gambling law, cus that's what is it, you gamble your money in order to get the best loot! but most of the time you get crap and useless items. anyways they don't say you have to buy the packs, so don't buy em, if everyone stops buying the dame packs then eventually they will go away.

As a person that used to buy packs and packs of sports cards, and I am talking about upwards of a few hundred dollars at a time, I see cartel packs as nothing different the packs of sports cards. I am buying a pack looking for that next Jordan rookie card but don't find it. Instead I get a rookie card from BFN and even though there are those people that want him just because he went to their college, others don't. So I will sell them at a lower price then a top value item.

If I find that card, just like equipment in swtor, that I want I may keep it, or if I see that it is commanding a high price I may just sell it. If I get a duplicate then I keep one and sell the other one. That way if I want to complete a set of armor, or a specific blaster, lightsaber or whatever, I may get just enough or more to buy it.

If you believe that cartel packs are a form of gambling then packs of sport cards, magic the gathering, or whatever packs someone buys are also a form of gambling too. They both have the risk of being having a great item in them or not. One can take that risk or not.

I know the majority of packs I am going to buy will not have what I want, but I still don't mind buying or spending the money on them as I really like opening the packs. The one difference for me is that here I limit my purchases. I may buy cc once every other or once every three months. Why? Because unlike sports card packs, I am not making any real money. That is what makes this a non-gambling site. If they were to allow you to withdraw money, then that could be perceived as a form of gambling with the packs.

Don't buy a pack. then. Just go to the GTN and buy the individual items for credits.

It has nothing to do with self control. I have plenty of that. Just think it's dumb to spend money on crap I don't want. Would rather buy outright what I do. My opinion.

I wouldn't mind if they had the items on the market for direct purchase, but there is actually a flaw with it. Imagine for a moment, a server FULL of Revan look a likes. Don't think it'd happen? Why does Revans armor cost so much then? Even before the first set of packs was embargoed Revans armor commanded a fair price. Ultimately, what would happen if they released every item on the market directly, is you'd have nothing but a mass of Revan, Malak, Bastila, Atton, Other Lore characters running around, and one or two people who chose to not look like their favorite KoTOR character. Which honestly doesn't bug me, nor do I think BW would care that much, but then the forums would be flooded with "EVERYONE LOOKS THE SAME :mad:" "Remove the Lore Armor from the Market! Can't tell who's what class any more!" threads. Which would bog down the place quite a bit I think. Still, it'd be nice if they added -some- variants of the items to the CM (A Varactyl, a Tauntaun, some older armors that are seemingly long gone like the Dancer sets, emotes like Bop etc.) for a direct purchase.

Oh hush. What are they going to do, put Cartel items on the market for 20,000 cartel coins? Because that's how much people will spend on getting certain items when they are buying boxes every five minutes.

Pokemon cards/Football cards work the exact same way.

When Bioware come out with "People LOVE the packs!" because their data says that's what people spend more on. I kinda die a little.

I honestly don't think people give a **** about the packs. But the fact that they are the only way of being able to get an item they want without spending time gathering the credits. It's quicker to spend money on cartel coins and have access to items than it is waiting for 48 hours before things come on the gtn and a further few days for the market to settle down.

What would you say if Czerka Crate-o-matic became available for direct purchase?

For 100,000 coins of course, but nonetheless.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! is what I would say :p

The packs work fine. My strategy is this: when a new pack comes out, I buy two hypercrates and open them all up. I do a quick inventory and see how far along I am in getting all the items and then might buy one more hypercrate and open it. After that, I buy one or two more hypercrates and sell them on the GTN. I then take that money and buy whatever I am missing off the GTN. Done, Collections completed in about 2 days of a pack being released.

I like the fun of opening the pack and seeing what you get and then trading or buying and selling what you need. It's called Collections, we should be required to collect it. Would anyone have collected baseball cards if you could just go down to Walmart and buy each one individually whenever you want? This is how collecting works, you should have to work for it a bit.

Your way sounds really boring. And there are plenty of direct purchase items on cartel market and cartel rep vendors.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.