Dread Fortress 8M SM Bugged?

WarsTrek

My guild was going through the Dread Fortress Op last night on SM (8M). We got through the first boss relatively easily. When we got to Druxus we kept wiping and we couldn't figure out why at first. Eventually we noticed that the Guardian adds Druxus spawns were randomly applying a dot called "Affliction" that was ticking for 6k a second. This was causing many of our team members to wipe within seconds of getting the buff. It could not be cleansed and there was no cast from any creature on the field that we could see that was putting the dot on people (aka nothing to interrupt). Conferring with other guilds, we found that on HM (8M) the same dot was ticking for 3k a second. Unless the dot is supposed to be ticking for more on SM than on HM, something is wrong with the dot.

Are you interrupting and burning the Corrupters that come down with the 3rd spawn of adds? They're the ones casting affliction and it must be interrupted until you kill both (1 spawns for each side)

No, the Corruptors cast "Mass Affliction". The dot in question is just "Affliction"; it has no cast that can be interrupted and cannot be cleansed. It only seems to be an issue in 8M; I believe it's damage in 16M SM is more reasonable.

We were doing 8 man SM last night.. as long as we kept the corrupters locked down, we never got the Affliction dot.. We kept being downed by massive damage in the 6th(?) round when the two corrupters appear at the back with the Bulwarks.

I want to add to this.

My guild attempted 8-man story mode Dread Fortress tonight with similar results.

We were blocked at the 7th wave when the two Guradians of the Fortress first spawn.

They would cast AFFLICTION that would hit for roughly 6k damage per tick.

This is NOT the Mass Affliction cast by the Corruptors nor the Concussion Gernade cast by Draxus.

That affliction gets put randomly on one of the raid members if the Dread Guardian's "Slam" ability (that AOE strike) gets interrupted. If they perform Slam uninterrupted, there is no affliction debuff applied to any of the raid members. I'm assuming that this is actually working as intended and people are supposed to run through the Dread Guardian as he casts it instead of interrupting it.

That affliction gets put randomly on one of the raid members if the Dread Guardian's "Slam" ability (that AOE strike) gets interrupted. If they perform Slam uninterrupted, there is no affliction debuff applied to any of the raid members. I'm assuming that this is actually working as intended and people are supposed to run through the Dread Guardian as he casts it instead of interrupting it.

There is no way its operating as intended.

It ticks for:

3,536 in 16M Story

3,598 in 8m Hard

6,413 in 8m Story

No way they'd design SM to tick harder than HM on purpose.

If this is the nature of the mechanic then I am happy with Affliction ticking this hard.

It forces tanks to prepare for HM and not be a derp.

Bioware, any word, please?

SHORT VERSION: Guardians of the Fortress are casting AFFLICTION that hits for 6k per tick on STORY MODE 8-man Dread Fortress while the same debuff is hitting for 3k per tick on HARD MODE 8-man.

NOTE: This is NOT the mass affliction cast by the Corruptors.