Isotope 5 crafting materials no longer purchasable from basic comm vendor

pchayka

I knowticed that and I know it says this in the patch notes, "• Removed Isotope-5 as a material requirement for crafting Rating 156 [Artifact] gear". But doesn't say anything about other patterns not needing like 30 - 31 crafted armors, mods & enhancments.

I knowticed that and I know it says this in the patch notes, "• Removed Isotope-5 as a material requirement for crafting Rating 156 [Artifact] gear". But doesn't say anything about other patterns not needing like 30 - 31 crafted armors, mods & enhancments.

So is it or is it not needed for level 30-31 stuff?

Who cares about 156 gear, i meant level 31+ gear.
I'm wondering if it was a typo of some sort on their part, I craft most of the 156 gear and have since it became available, and the isotope was never required in the construction of the stuff I've made.

I'm wondering if it was a typo of some sort on their part, I craft most of the 156 gear and have since it became available, and the isotope was never required in the construction of the stuff I've made.

It was required for some of schematics obtained with Basic Comms. Like the [Artifact] implants for Biochem or ear pieces for Cybertech both required 1 vial of Iso-5 (I'm not sure about the craftable belts and bracers). This was as opposed to the [Artifact] schematics you obtained via RE'ing, which only required purple grade 9 mats. Of course, this was balanced by the fact that the [Artifact] implants and ear pieces were far superior to the other 156-grade stuff, and in some cases were actually comparable to Arkanian items.

I would like to know as well. My 31 armoring schematics still list a requirement of 5x Vials of Isotope 5.

If ops is the only source now, that price will go up... :(

Yes and no, with 72 armourings available easily and cheaply via elite comms now, the demand will plummet, but things like relics, enhancements will still be wanted.

Ok, I know you took the isotope 5 out of the game for crafting certain 156's and are no longer available to purchase from the Basic Comm vendor... Then WHY THE HECK DIDNT YOU take them out of the (168's) 31 Hilts, Armor, Mods and Enhancements? Are we still able to get them from Taborro's Courtyard, if so is that the only way we can get them so the price goes into the millions and the people start Ninja'ing isotopes from there as well????????????

Please let us know, I know a few people that would like to know because trying to get them just from TC is laughable at best!!

P.S. Is there a Vendor that sells them I'm not aware of?

Yes this is quite annoying. No communication and a total ball drop on behalf of BW/EA. The last time EA had a bs bug like this, well you launched SimCity 5. Thank you oh so much for bringing that degree of incompetence to SWTOR.

Ok, I know you took the isotope 5 out of the game for crafting certain 156's and are no longer available to purchase from the Basic Comm vendor... Then WHY THE HECK DIDNT YOU take them out of the (168's) 31 Hilts, Armor, Mods and Enhancements? Are we still able to get them from Taborro's Courtyard, if so is that the only way we can get them so the price goes into the millions and the people start Ninja'ing isotopes from there as well????????????

Please let us know, I know a few people that would like to know because trying to get them just from TC is laughable at best!!

P.S. Is there a Vendor that sells them I'm not aware of?

1. No vendor sells them

2. You can get them from Toborro's Courtyard and so just run it on SM and HM on 16 man a couple times a week. If you don't want ninjas then don't pug.

Yes this is quite annoying. No communication and a total ball drop on behalf of BW/EA. The last time EA had a bs bug like this, well you launched SimCity 5. Thank you oh so much for bringing that degree of incompetence to SWTOR.

How was this not communicated ? They said so in the patch notes loud and clear.

The fact that its annoying for you is another story

How was this not communicated ? They said so in the patch notes loud and clear.

The patch notes state "Removed Isotope-5 as a material requirement for crafting Rating 156 [Artifact] gear." 156 gear is not the only craftable gear that requires Isotope-5. So yes, this was not clearly communicated at all - anywhere. Thanks for playing. Anyway, there's now like 10 threads on this subject.