New PvP system - still can't believe it :-(

Ed-ward

So...

...I played some normal "warzones"...

...and I must say I have never seen such fail. Mixed bag of arenas and warzones, no deserter debuff, arenas starting at 3 vs 4, no team matchup rules and the list goes on.

Seriously hire somebody who plays PvP. On competitive level.

Shame on you Bioware!

No team matchup rules for non-ranked arenas because no such rules are needed. People have already started to group into teams with an operative healer and 2-3 warries and very soon this will be the very only comp in the queue. More balance than this is not possible.

My advice to BW: Separate arena and WZ queues for non-ranked. The operative/warri/warri/warri teams can enjoy their private niche and the others are not forced to quit the queue to avoid playing a part of the game for which they are not qualified.

^^ That’s my feeling as well. I love to pvp, but I dislike arena style pvp. I burned myself out in WOW doing arena style pvp. So I will be quitting any group that puts me in an arena. Sorry in advance to all those that affects, but blame EA/Bioware for not giving choice to those who don’t like arena style pvp.

this is what i thought

i don´t want stupid deathmatch arena, i like to do objective PVP in Warzones like we had since Release.

Please BW, let us choose what we want to do, arena 4vs4 or 8vs8 Warzones.

So...

...I played some normal "warzones"...

...and I must say I have never seen such fail. Mixed bag of arenas and warzones, no deserter debuff, arenas starting at 3 vs 4, no team matchup rules and the list goes on.

Seriously hire somebody who plays PvP. On competitive level.

Shame on you Bioware!

You know...if they implemented a deserter debuff and thereby forcing players to play Arenas when they want warzones and vice versa, Alderaan when they hate it etc - there would be a massive loss of ppl in queue...and many pvpers would likely leave the game. Im one of them.

Imo BW just made it completly legit and Ok to quit a warzone at will. So yeah i agree with you, shame on BW, because a quitter can't be blamed anymore.

I never usually bother with the PTS and just wait for final patches to hit the main game. I had no idea that arenas were going to be forced upon people. I don't mind the occasional one, or ranked games, but don't want them to be the main part of my SWTOR PvP experience.

I hate to be that guy (and I know this doesn't effect BioWare or anyone else), but I have literally just unsubbed for the first time since the game came out. I never thought I'd be saying that.

In my personal opinion, the arena queuing system should have been totally separate from regular warzones.

That's interesting. I'm bailing on every WZ I get dropped into with the hope that I get an Arena on the next pop.

Queue ranked? See that's the problem. You have the option to only play arenas if that's what you want. We do not have the option to only play warzones.

Queue ranked? See that's the problem. You have the option to only play arenas if that's what you want. We do not have the option to only play warzones.

So you would queue for Ranked War Zones on a toon with no Conqueror gear if you had the opportunity?

Sure you would.

So you would queue for Ranked War Zones on a toon with no Conqueror gear if you had the opportunity?

Sure you would.

Ranked warzones pay out ranked comms. With regular wz comms payout busted (most you get is 80 for a win), you'd be crazy not to queue ranked if gear is what you need. Even a loss in a ranked arena is 60ish ranked comms... equivalent to 3 regular games.

Sure you would.

Ranked warzones pay out ranked comms. With regular wz comms payout busted (most you get is 80 for a win), you'd be crazy not to queue ranked if gear is what you need. Even a loss in a ranked arena is 60ish ranked comms... equivalent to 3 regular wins.