The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Poll: Should we change how dye's are extracted from gear.

ArcSky

Well met and all that.

This poll has been designed to allow player's to be charged to remove dyes from armor for a price without the dye being destroyed in the process.

Currently when a player attempts to remove a dye from their dyed armor slot, they recieve the following tool tip message titled Extraction:

There is no cost to remove this modification, however the modification will be DESTROYED. Would you like to proceed?

I would like the dye extraction tool to read what it does now for all mods:

Extracting this item modification will cost * credits. Proceed?

Please reply so that Bioware may change the current dye extraction process.

* a number of deemed credits for extracting mod.

Note:

Please see other post below in the General Discussion Forum/Cartel Market Suggestions.

Module Extraction Kit by Methanos

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=682342

Considering the fact that some dyes are damn hard to make or even get schematics for I'd say players should have the option to remove the dye, but doing it like this would probably crush some of the economy already based on it so I have a different suggestion.

15% chance the dye will be destroyed upon extraction.

This would keep the economy based on dyes going while most of the time player would be successful.

We could use more interesting Dye colors as well. I wish to see a Commando in full armor in PINK XD

Also, some weapons could use a dye as well.

no, they should change the dye system.

Separate Primary and Secondary colour slots on armor.

Current Primary/Secondary dye packs can be placed in either slot but will adopt the proper dye according to slot in which the dye is placed.

New dyes will become the standard and will only be one colour. These new dye packs can be placed in either the primary or secondary dye slot to increase customization.

This will benefit Bioware. Players will use up to twice the amount of dyes packs to dye an item and be more apt to use additional dyes to make small changes to gear versus clicking Unify Colours.

This will greatly increase the dye pack sales as well as their consumption and make players who enjoy customization happy.

BW could just make the dye packs a little cheaper since we will be using twice as much.

• 2 weeks later...
Considering the fact that some dyes are damn hard to make or even get schematics for I'd say players should have the option to remove the dye, but doing it like this would probably crush some of the economy already based on it so I have a different suggestion.

15% chance the dye will be destroyed upon extraction.

This would keep the economy based on dyes going while most of the time player would be successful.

We could use more interesting Dye colors as well. I wish to see a Commando in full armor in PINK XD

Also, some weapons could use a dye as well.

If you want to see a commando in full pink armour just wait for the new Disney release of the new Star Wars movies. There will probably be a whole squad of them singing a cheesy song ;)