The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What gives with the Black Dye? Let me pay you BW. Do you know what a market is even?

Look, it was expensive. I get that. It was a luxury item. I get that. I want the option to buy it back. Supply and demand. I am not spending the cash or time to grind for the GTN prices, but will pay BW/EA $15 if I want.

Some people can't afford it, I get that, I am not commenting on that. I can afford it. I want it. It was there, but now its gone and not a peep said. What gives?

Let the market find the price. If it only sold 10, lower it... If it sold 10k, keep it. Seriously, let the grown ups with a MBA drive the car sometimes. It's a business as well as a game.

Look, it was expensive. I get that. It was a luxury item. I get that. I want the option to buy it back. Supply and demand. I am not spending the cash or time to grind for the GTN prices, but will pay BW/EA $15 if I want.

Some people can't afford it, I get that, I am not commenting on that. I can afford it. I want it. It was there, but now its gone and not a peep said. What gives?

Let the market find the price. If it only sold 10, lower it... If it sold 10k, keep it. Seriously, let the grown ups with a MBA drive the car sometimes. It's a business as well as a game.

They actually said (kind of after the fact) that it was on a rotation basis in the CM and will give other colors a chance to sell as well. This will help actually maintain the market by ensuring they are "rare'. Also not everyone wants BB/WW some might actually want Black/Purple etc. They will be back, give them time.

• 4 weeks later...

I cant find anything on why they were pulled down after being listed as a highlight in the patch notes. Come on BW let me choose to buy it or not. I want black dye, but there is none on my server GTN right now, and even if there was I not grinding out 4 million in credits for it. Weak!!

Not asking for a new anything or changes to the dye system... Just put the dye back on sale. :mad:

Actually one of the forum peeps (I think Eric) apologized for not mentioning that they are a random thing with the Cartel Market. The CM changes on its own and the dyes are supposed to come and go. But now we are supposed to be given the heads up when they are coming back out.

It is also worth mentioning that if you were to buy 15 bucks worth of the random dye packs, my experience is that you're liable to get at least one of either the black/black or white/white dyes in at least one of them. I have bought just 1kcc worth of packs and got two blacks and one white, as well as a couple other worthwhile colors. The random packs are cheap, and do contain the whites and blacks you seek. If you're that amped to spend cc on dyes, get the packs.

They should indeed be added to the collections. Still, this is just a horrible dye system they implemented. Most colors are ridiculous and the whole one time use is just absurd.

Dyes are consumables, like XP boosts, it defeats the purpose if you add it to collections. The dye system is fine, very much in line with what other games are doing with gear dyes, there are tons of great color combos, and some combos work better for some genders/races/species than others, I've seen combos I thought looked terrible on some players and thought they looked cool, on them. Some of the best combos (Red/Black, Black/Red etc) are crafted even, bypassing the market entirely. Every dye system I have ever used is one time use.

Maybe you should, explain why the system is horrible, other then you can't get unlimited free dye once you buy one.

Dyes are consumables, like XP boosts, it defeats the purpose if you add it to collections. The dye system is fine, very much in line with what other games are doing with gear dyes, there are tons of great color combos, and some combos work better for some genders/races/species than others, I've seen combos I thought looked terrible on some players and thought they looked cool, on them. Some of the best combos (Red/Black, Black/Red etc) are crafted even, bypassing the market entirely. Every dye system I have ever used is one time use.

Maybe you should, explain why the system is horrible, other then you can't get unlimited free dye once you buy one.

They should lower the price of dyes, and then remove this dual layer dye crap. Put two dye slots on each piece instead of one, and let us choose what we want for each layer.

Have you played Guild Wars 2?

DAOC?

UO?

DCUO?

LoTRO?

pretty much every game that has a dye system did it better than this game. Games like GW2 even monetizes their dyes better and gives players more customization.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a RARE item, and for those of us who bought the packs when they were available or grinded for it, it's only fair since it is RARE and they had their chance. Sounds like you want to make it much more easily assessable, when it's a horrible idea as it undermines the concept of RARE as well as players who bought the packs/grinded for it. Letting it be for common purchase a click away for your action-to-item convenience in the Cartel Market is a lazy approach and then everyone would have it. Grats, BioWare is putting out most of the best rares: Black-Purple, Black-White, etc., and it's going to suck, bc now everyone can have the "rares" that many players worked hard for; good job, keep lowering the bar, and not make anything a challenge.

There will always be players whining for say, the Black-Yellow color crystal and the Koreallis series, but it doesn't mean they're ENTITLED to it. To do so would be a slap in the face to the longest loyal subscribers who were there since launch as well as defeat the notion of RARE, when anyone walking off the street can have anything the want just bc they whine incessantly or feel they have "the be-all-end-all opinion." If they want to manage a game they can create one themselves and see how that goes, lol, and leave this one to the professionals: BioWare

As for making dyes an unlock like most of the Cartel Market items, it wouldn't be a bad idea, if you already have gotten the dye first; as it'd be quite redundant to pay for a dye twice if say, a player decides to upgrade armor one a particular toon; it doesn't have to be an account unlock, but just on the player who the dye was attained.

Edited by Willjb

• 2 months later...

You've lost over 75% of your original subscriber base, and your Stock and profits have dropped by 30% over the last year. This is one of the "many" reasons you refuse to fix. Your marketers don't play your game, they look at numbers, and numbers will never tell you what will keep your customers happy, and happy customers = more revenue.

90% of all statistics are made up on the spot, but only 30% of people actually understand this and another 45% don't care.