Maelstrom Prison Flashpoint: CANT MOVE, KEYBOARD WONT WORK

Mscouts

Hey there folks!

First, I've updated this thread title to be more descriptive, as this only happens in one Flashpoint. :)

Secondly, we've confirmed that this issue happens just as reported above: when you use spacebar to skip the opening cinematic for Maelstrom Prison, it puts you into this frozen state that requires a full client restart. Just as others said here, too, allowing the cinematic to play prevents this. The bug's been added to the Known Issues to get more visibility on the workaround. Unfortunately, I don't have a solid time frame on when the fix will be deployed other than that it does not look like we'll be able to get it into Game Update 2.4.1. As more information becomes available, I'll let you know!

Thanks for your reports and patience.

@Eric Not that I'd want to start a trend, but could you check with the devs to see how hard it would be to disable spacebar skipping that scene? And, since I keep seeing it mentioned, maybe the Hyperspace scene on Black Talon (Esseles also ?) that causes crashes..although for those, it would be better to just end the FP before the Hyperspace scene and not let trolls take people to DK :)

Isn't that a windows 7 only issue?

I have Windows 7 and 8 on two different laptops and it doesn't happen on either.

It does seem to be a hardware / software configuration problem though.

EDIT: One laptop has Windows 7, the new one has Windows 8. I didn't install both OS on both laptops FYI.

Edited by Bstr

This is an issue with the Maelstrom Prison Flashpoint itself when you skip through the cutscene, and the bug will be fixed with tomorrow's patch. :)

I simple in game title like ummm, "Bug Finder" or "Bug Squasher" would be an appropriate thank you...lol.. :cool: