Cademimu last boss bugged?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, we two manned into it last night (for the first time) it was buggy all the way thru with comps disappearing or going under world. We made it to the last boss and died 4 times. The fire gimmick is lame and when it doesn't match the animations its extra lame.

Taking the time to fix the exploit but not taking time to fix the flashpoint-destroying bug adds insult to injury.

How many people spend an an hour running this fp only to have that time virtually wasted by not being able to down the last boss? After that, add in the huge level of frustration that there's no question that you could beat the boss in a fair fight. Finally, add the idea that BW obviously thinks it's important to fix an exploit that people are using to get around the bug, but not to fix the bug itself or to even just remove the bugged element. When all of that adds up, you end up with some very very frustrated and alienated players. This sort of thing absolutely kills a gaming experience.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. I really love this game. I truly enjoy playing it, and I'm open about that fact with others. That being said, this experience alone has severely damped my enjoyment. Considering that BW has knowingly approached the situation and chose to actively hinder me in my enjoyment by removing one bug that actually helped players get around another known bug is very disappointing.

It's actually kind of a slap in the face. Why patch it at all? Why not leave in both bugs? Or possibly just remove the fire element for the time being? Or even disable the fp completely until it's fixed? Or, at the very least, include some kind of warning at the beginning to players that such a bug exists, and that their experience may be affected by it? Some people may not know about the bug, and then end up wasting an hour or two on it. We certainly did.

Hey weird thing happened -

The last boss of Cademimu is based largely around the "rocket engine" mechanic, where a quarter of the battlefield at any one point will be on fire and kill players that linger in it. Makes good sense, right?

The problem that we ran into tonight was that the animation for the fire did not necessarily jive with the actual locations of the fire zones. So the fire effect would be present in zones not visually being burned up by rocket engines, and the players would die.

This didn't occur on every attempt, so we were able to defeat the boss, but it occurred on the majority of attempts.

Anyone else running into this?

Ditto here. Also the game insta killed me twice then kicked me out of the area w/o any notification. Go back into the area get to the boss again, insta killed again. Third time finally worked but it never gave me the option for rolling for the loot. It was already gone.

Very annoying.

Still bugged, Did this a few minutes back and we had all 4 rockets burning at a time. After 4 attempts I was able to run him back in to the corridor. By going in as an agent and leaving the rest of the party in the corridor. Pull the boss and ran to the door. Fought him for a bit and then cloaked. He ran straight trough the closed door to the other party members who killed it.

Yeah he has no problem firing off all 4 rockets. Figured I'd see if he was still broken with my 50. Had to "door" him to end the FP. At least the rockets are visible now (as long as you keep looking up during the fight)

Also on the Republic side after you beat him and get the message from the governor you get a call from the Imperials saying they got him but Shan implies the Republic took him prisoner.

Edited by PariahMessiah

A group of my guildies and I ran into issues with the final boss, so in trying to determine a solution to the problem we sent one person in to battle him solo. Of course that person died to the rocket flames on about the 3rd or 4th "Keep firing, Keep firing", but much to our surprise the boss passed right through the door and attacked the rest of the party members who were standing right against the door on the other side, they were then able to down him without being hit by the bugged fire.

It's not an ideal solution but is a possible work around until it's fixed.

We did not try to duplicate this so your mileage may vary.

I soloed him today with my 36 Vanguard Tank and just Elara healing... it wasn't too bad. Didn't even have to pop a cooldown and was at near full health when the fight ended. You don't always see the fire, but if you look up at the rockets, you can see which one have red bottoms before they fire. Stand under the one that doesn't. It does require some more awareness, but it's doable. Edited by KLGChaos

• 2 weeks later...

Still bugged as of January 31st, after recent patch. He started off doing it properly, firing off one rocket at a time, but as we went on, he had all four going at once, promptly killing everyone. We figure out that if you stand directly in the middle, it would work, but that's hard to make all four people do at just the right exact location.

So unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Although we had no experience with the "fire insta killing as soon as you walk in" part of the bug. Just him lighting up all four at once.

It seems to be based on how fast his health drops

So when I did it, there was a 35, a 37, and a 43 on the boss. I was a lvl 31 tank. If they were killing him too fast, that could be what caused him to bug out and fire the rockets off early?

Boss is definitely bugged, or perhaps there are intended mechanics in place to deter high levels from soloing him. He has a lot of bugs though.

1.) If you do too much damage too fast, he will set all 4 rockets off at the same time, and continue to do so. As far as I can tell, the damage cannot be resisted. And you cannot hide from all 4 rockets going at once.

2.) His rocket flame does NOT damage companions. At level 50, you can stand outside his room and just have your companion kill him. Almost any level 50 companion can easily kill him. I imagine you can probably solo him as a healer at pretty low levels using this "exploit."

3.) I don't know if you can bug him using other players anymore, but you can definitely do it using a companion. Send your companion in and recall; both will come running through the door.

At level 50 I can run all my friends through everything up to and including Red Reaper, with the exception of Colicoid that is specifically designed for 4 players. This flashpoint just seems buggy to me.

Personally, I believe pulling him through the door is a rather fun mechanic, and would be awesome if it were intended. Kinda deceitful and obscure, which is usually how fun fights are built. However, I'm pretty sure it's a bug/exploit.

Edited by Budizzle

• 2 months later...

All of the previously mentioned bugs are still present as of last night:

first attempt. all fires were running and i would catch fire no matter where i was and die almost instantly

second. same thing and level 50 quest partner the same

third. we tried staying near the door away from the flames...still caught fire and died

fourth. caught fire as soon as we entered before the battle even started

fifth. tried to lure him into the hallway with the blaster spread...he knocked us into the door and the door closed with him on the other side

sixth. caught fire again this time we got separated one in the door and one in the battle and got killed almost instantly.

over 2 hours with nothinig to show they should give us some xp or something for our lost time.

p.s. this is the first post regarding this since the patch started today so maybe this restarted the problems that have obviously been occurring since LAST YEAR with no fix.

Edited by kingcyber

My god. This is the most buggy FP I've seen in SWTOR to date, and one of the buggiest ones I've seen in any MMO to date. The General Ortol fight is ridiculous -- who tests this crap?

I apologize for my anger, but this is frustrating. I've soloed a lot of the content; I can even solo some of the Heroic 4 Belsavis Dailies, so I expected a cakewalk at level 50, not to run into this instance and die several times. I've died to fire I can't see, fire that persists when starting him over, and then had to deal with him resetting even as I try to avoid the fire I can see.

I guess I'm not doing this FP and getting it out of my mission log. Seriously, guys. Fix this. This is embarassingly bad.

• 4 weeks later...
YES they should have fixed it by now... many of these bugs should be fixed via either hotfixes or the weekly patch. Saving them all up for large content patches is irresponsible. However, put it in perspective man, it'll be ok! :jawa_wink: Edited by JediCahlwyn

We also had a bug, running it with myself and another player and our companions. We had died near the door, and it seems the flames didn't go away on one side of the room. So after finding a spot where we didn't get burned by entering, I summoned my companion in (he didn't want to cross the threshold) and set him to attack the boss. I quickly stepped out into the corridor before the door closed. The exploit of running the boss through the door has apparently been fixed, but once my companion died, the room reset correctly. After that it was a case of managing the positioning of the boss and pacifying the companions to follow us to the new locations then reactivating them again.

YES they should have fixed it by now... many of these bugs should be fixed via either hotfixes or the weekly patch. Saving them all up for large content patches is irresponsible. However, put it in perspective man, it'll be ok! :jawa_wink:

I can assure you he's still bugged. In fact you can make the bug happen by using fast dps (I was using my level 50 inquisitor to help a friend through it) and had to switch from Ashara to Khem Vhal to slow down the DPS. The faster the DPS - the buggier he gets.

My god. This is the most buggy FP I've seen in SWTOR to date, and one of the buggiest ones I've seen in any MMO to date. The General Ortol fight is ridiculous -- who tests this crap?

I apologize for my anger, but this is frustrating. I've soloed a lot of the content; I can even solo some of the Heroic 4 Belsavis Dailies, so I expected a cakewalk at level 50, not to run into this instance and die several times. I've died to fire I can't see, fire that persists when starting him over, and then had to deal with him resetting even as I try to avoid the fire I can see.

I guess I'm not doing this FP and getting it out of my mission log. Seriously, guys. Fix this. This is embarassingly bad.

See my post above: The faster you dps him, the buggier he is. Simple solution: VERY slow dps. (He doesn't hit that hard after all...)