A few Questions for us all...

Selenial

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it kind of did more then mention them it put them on a pedistle think about it your main character was an underling during the mando wars. Kreia talks about him as if she is talking about a god the whole "revan was power" speech. The question of light and dark would have been great had the game been complete when it first came out. Had they taken the time to put it together wholely and completely rather then rushing it out half done then maybe the questioning of the force would have come out better instead traya just came off as a pretentious old wind bag of which nothing i did ever seemed to please her. I was so happy when i got to kill her.

They dont put them on a Pedestall... The Main character had a Third of his Fleet! Surik was NEVER an underling in Obsidian's eyes, that was Drew Karpyshyn.

And we can blame lucasarts for the rushing :L We wouldn't have got a KOTOR 2 if it wasn't rushed, cancellations were threatened.

Traya never seemed like that to anyone but those who either followed fully light or fully Dark, she loved you either way, and she never said Revan was power.

To quote:

"Looking into Revan was like looking into the Heart of the force"

She then says looking into you was like seeing it's death made possible, and she loved that so much more.

I don't mean to sound pretentious or Uptight, but Kotor 2 was targeted at.... A different audience.

Need to come back to this. You can compare it to the difference between the Knight/Warrior stories (KotoR I audience) and the Consular/Inquisitor stories (KotoR II audience). To enjoy both, you really need to approach them in a different way. And completeness of the story helps a lot.;)

Need to come back to this. You can compare it to the difference between the Knight/Warrior stories (KotoR I audience) and the Consular/Inquisitor stories (KotoR II audience). To enjoy both, you really need to approach them in a different way. And completeness of the story helps a lot.;)

Exactly... Kotor 1 and Knight/Warrior = Feeling like a ****** super hero who everybody loves.

Kotor 2, the Unsung hero who people aren't sure if they love or hate, learning Manipulation or Diplomacy depending on your path... And of course, learning the deeper and more philosophical mysteries of the force.

They dont put them on a Pedestall... The Main character had a Third of his Fleet! Surik was NEVER an underling in Obsidian's eyes, that was Drew Karpyshyn.

And we can blame lucasarts for the rushing :L We wouldn't have got a KOTOR 2 if it wasn't rushed, cancellations were threatened.

Traya never seemed like that to anyone but those who either followed fully light or fully Dark, she loved you either way, and she never said Revan was power.

To quote:

"Looking into Revan was like looking into the Heart of the force"

She then says looking into you was like seeing it's death made possible, and she loved that so much more.

2:29 "revan was power, it was like staring into the heart of the force" and being command of 1/3 of an army is still an underling she still took orders from revan, revan was still the lead and Malak his number 2 in the mando wars not Meetra. He trusted her with a lot but you were still his underling during the war and the game still described revan as better then you and even better then the council gave him credit for as it was the first time the idea that he never really fell was brought up.

2:29 "revan was power, it was like staring into the heart of the force" and being command of 1/3 of an army is still an underling she still took orders from revan, revan was still the lead and Malak his number 2 in the mando wars not Meetra. He trusted her with a lot but you were still his underling during the war and the game still described revan as better then you and even better then the council gave him credit for as it was the first time the idea that he never really fell was brought up.

Meetra acted as her own General. Her fleet had no allegiance to Revan.

Revan, Malak, And Meetra all had massive fleets....

And you completely disregarded the fact she states the Exile is a beautiful thing.... The way the Exile is, the Death of the force, is Beautiful to her....

Meetra acted as her own General. Her fleet had no allegiance to Revan.

Revan, Malak, And Meetra all had massive fleets....

And you completely disregarded the fact she states the Exile is a beautiful thing.... The way the Exile is, the Death of the force, is Beautiful to her....

but that doesnt change how revan is described by comparison. Traya is evil so obviously something that could cause the destruction of the force would be beautiful to her that doesnt mean jack squat. He gave her the fleet that she had. It was revan that asked the jedi to come with and Meetra FOLLOWED no way in which you can slice it in which she was not just one of HIS general's of which he had many. One of his most trusted and highest ranking but still under him.

but that doesnt change how revan is described by comparison. Traya is evil so obviously something that could cause the destruction of the force would be beautiful to her that doesnt mean jack squat. He gave her the fleet that she had. It was revan that asked the jedi to come with and Meetra FOLLOWED no way in which you can slice it in which she was not just one of HIS general's of which he had many. One of his most trusted and highest ranking but still under him.
What exactly is your point here?

KOTOR II introduces a new and interesting protagonist while harking back to the original, tying both games together and enriching the role playing experience as a whole. What exactly is wrong with that?

What exactly is your point here?

KOTOR II introduces a new and interesting protagonist while harking back to the original, tying both games together and enriching the role playing experience as a whole. What exactly is wrong with that?

in its original release it to me did none of that. The new main character was bland blank slate that was just an underling of the original the game didnt seem to care about its own characters (except maybe the villians) so it never gave me a reason to care about them. It was rushed and half baked again just my experience with the game. Though the battle mechanics were much improved so at least i was able to breeze through the 3 or 4 times i played it to see where the heck i missed everything was (awnser was it wasnt put in the game so i couldnt find it) which of course was frustrating as hell for me.

A few questions, courtesy of Jensarai, Yarael Poof and his fan...

I thought it'd be nice for us to answer together, looking at each others opinions and see what we agree on and disagree on....

1)Jedi or Sith?

2) Favorite Worlds?

3) Type of lightsaber, Lightsaber color and fighting style?

4)Favorite Species?

5)Favorite vehicle?

6)If you were a Jedi which master would you want?

7)If you were a Sith which master would you want?

8)If you were a Sith, then what would your "Darth" Name Be?

9)Favorite Film?

10)Least favorite film?

11)If you could write your own Star Wars novel, what would it be about?

12)Which film has your favorite soundtrack?

13)Do you collect figures?

14)In your opinion, what is the best thing about the EU?

15)In your opinion, what are the worst things about the EU?

16)What Does Star Wars mean to you?

1) Sith

2)Korriban,Alderaan

3)Curved Hilt,Normal hilt(normal lightsaber,not a fan of the saberstaff) ;Makashi, Jark'Kai,Shien,Juyo ( i am not a fan of Vapaad)

5)Human,Sith Pureblood,Twi'lek,Kaleesh,Taung.

6)Kreia,before she fell to the Dark Side;Luke

7)Marka Ragnos;Ludo Kresh ;Bane;Darth Nox';

8)Nyhlus

9)I assume you mean SW film.Favorite is a tie between New Hope and Return of the Jedi.

10)I don't have one.If i had to chose with a gun at my head i would not watch,Phantom Menace

11)The Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor protagonists working toghether to cripple the Republic and killing a bunch of powerful Jedi.

12)Attack of the Clones;Revenge of the Sith.

13)Nope.

14)It is the EU that makes SW what it is and so huge.Without the EU SW would be a crappy movie about characters filled with platitude.

15)The Worst thing is the post ep 6,EU.It is worst because it is not real EU and it is not real SW,but it's garbage,disease that has infected too many people just because it has the name '''Star Wars'' on it.

16)it's one of the fantasty and sci-fi words that i get myself into in some of my free time.

Edited by Kaedusz

Meetra stopped following him just before Serroco so...... she took her own fleet with her when she confronted him about the disappearance of Jedi and she sensed pretty quickly that he and Alek had fallen, she abandoned both of them and took her own forces on a campaign.

Oh and you should probably re-read Revan if you think Meetra was second to Malak or indeed anyone, Revan himself clearly refers to her as his number one ally not general or anything of the sort, but ally, not even Malak, he states that Surik was his number one ally during the Mandalorian Wars.

/debate

Meetra stopped following him just before Serroco so...... she took her own fleet with her when she confronted him about the disappearance of Jedi and she sensed pretty quickly that he and Alek had fallen, she abandoned both of them and took her own forces on a campaign.
When did that happen? Did Meetra not follow Revan all the way to Malachor V?

in its original release it to me did none of that. The new main character was bland blank slate that was just an underling of the original the game didnt seem to care about its own characters (except maybe the villians) so it never gave me a reason to care about them. It was rushed and half baked again just my experience with the game. Though the battle mechanics were much improved so at least i was able to breeze through the 3 or 4 times i played it to see where the heck i missed everything was (awnser was it wasnt put in the game so i couldnt find it) which of course was frustrating as hell for me.
I can't pretend I cared much for the Exile, however only because I imprinted my own personality on him/her - what's great about KOTOR II is the characters around you, and how you interact with them. Who the Exile is is whoever you want him/her to be. You did not get so much freedom with Revan who was either a redeemed Jedi hero or a Sith Lord reclaiming his destiny. But in the end its all a matter of opinion.

When did that happen? Did Meetra not follow Revan all the way to Malachor V?

Nope, Surik went one way, Revan went his way(Kavar left him half-way through) and Alek/Karath went their way.

They pooled their forces at Malachor V, Surik arrived first after taking Dxun, then the other two arrived.

The KotOR CG has little snippets here and there of the more significant events through the war, even the Mandalorian campaign gets some exposition.

Nope, Surik went one way, Revan went his way(Kavar left him half-way through) and Alek/Karath went their way.

They pooled their forces at Malachor V, Surik arrived first after taking Dxun, then the other two arrived.

The KotOR CG has little snippets here and there of the more significant events through the war, even the Mandalorian campaign gets some exposition.

But if the Exile was aware that Revan and Malak had fallen to the dark side, why would she aid then at the Battle of Malachor?

And since when did Kavar fight in the Mandalorian Wars? Wouldn't that completely invalidate his position when judging the Exile with the rest of the Jedi Council?

But if the Exile was aware that Revan and Malak had fallen to the dark side, why would she aid then at the Battle of Malachor?

And since when did Kavar fight in the Mandalorian Wars? Wouldn't that completely invalidate his position when judging the Exile with the rest of the Jedi Council?

Well they didn't have much choice, if the Mandalorians were going to get beaten it would take all of them, plus they weren't totally gone she could just sense their fall.

He was already a part of the war before the Revanchists joined the war effort, Kavar fought in many of the skirmishes, when the Jedi Order officially declared it's neutrality he still remained by Revan's side hoping to keep him on the Jedi path but half way through he left, he knew Revan was getting colder and that the war had gone far beyond the hope of diplomacy so he went back.

Well they didn't have much choice, if the Mandalorians were going to get beaten it would take all of them, plus they weren't totally gone she could just sense their fall.

He was already a part of the war before the Revanchists joined the war effort, Kavar fought in many of the skirmishes, when the Jedi Order officially declared it's neutrality he still remained by Revan's side hoping to keep him on the Jedi path but half way through he left, he knew Revan was getting colder and that the war had gone far beyond the hope of diplomacy so he went back.

Well, maybe Kavar should have kept his trap shut during the Exile's trial. More Jedi hypocrisy... :rolleyes:

Well, maybe Kavar should have kept his trap shut during the Exile's trial. More Jedi hypocrisy... :rolleyes:

Next time Kavar destroys a planet and Sacrafices thousands of Republic forces and Jedi... Let me know.

I like the Exile btw, she's one of my favourite Characters... Something about her Tragic story, and the way she Inspired her companions.... I love her character :p

Next time Kavar destroys a planet and Sacrafices thousands of Republic forces and Jedi... Let me know.
Regardless of what he did, he still disobeyed the orders of the very Council he sits on. And they didn't persecute him? What kind of Order is this? Well at least they got what was coming to them... just like the PT Order. :jawa_evil:

Regardless of what he did, he still disobeyed the orders of the very Council he sits on. And they didn't persecute him? What kind of Order is this? Well at least they got what was coming to them... just like the PT Order. :jawa_evil:

Well IIRC, they forgave his disobedience and understood the logic behind it, imagine if Kavar had managed to keep Revan on the path of the Light, how different could things have been perhaps..

As far as what kind of order goes, the Jedi Order had some seriously grave injuries dealt to it by the Great Sith War, then the Sunriders died out(though that is a big matter for debate) just before the onset of the Mandalorian Wars, basically the Jedi Order after the Great Sith War paled in comparison to the one beforehand.

I find your lack of understanding disturbing.

Edited by Aurbere

1)Jedi or Sith?

Jedi, though if I lived during one of the Order's highly centralized periods I would likely chafe under its strict rules and supervision. I imagine I would end up leaving the Order, at least for a time, to interact with other Force-based sects - such as the Aing-Tii, the Jensaarai, and the Zeison Sha.

2) Favorite Worlds?

In-universe: Mon Calamari; Corellia; Onderon.

In-game: Balmorra; Tython.

3) Type of lightsaber, Lightsaber color and fighting style?

Form V seems like the most sensible to me, particularly if I could become adept in both variants. Shien would be useful when facing blaster-armed opponents, and I could switch to Djem So for lightsaber-wielding foes. I would use a single-bladed, dual-phaser lightsaber with a white color crystal.

4)Favorite Species?

Wookiees; Mon Calamari; Chiss.

5)Favorite vehicle?

If we're including starships, I'd say the Ebon Hawk, the Outrider, or an X-Wing starfighter. If we're only including planet-based vehicles, then either the Snowspeeder or the Basilisk war droid.

6)If you were a Jedi which master would you want?

There are numerous possibilities that come to mind here: Nomi Sunrider; Arren "Kreia" Kae; Meetra Surik; Orgus Din; Satele Shan; K'Kruhk; Qui-Gon Jinn; Corran Horn; Kyle Katarn; Mara Jade Skywalker.

7)If you were a Sith which master would you want?

Kel'eth Ur; Revan; Darth Gravid; Darth Vectivus.

8)If you were a Sith, then what would your "Darth" Name Be?

Darth Letum.

9)Favorite Film?

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

10)Least favorite film?

This alternates between Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

11)If you could write your own Star Wars novel, what would it be about?

There are two thoughts that come to mind.

1) A novel focused on the life and times of Meetra Surik, ending with her return from exile at the beginning of K2: The Sith Lords.

2) A novel depicting the inner workings of either the prequel-era Old Republic; the pre-NJO New Republic; or the post-NJO Galactic Alliance. Naturally, this would be a politically-focused story.

12)Which film has your favorite soundtrack?

This is a toss-up between Episode II: Attack of the Clones for "Duel of the Fates," and Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back for "Imperial March."

13)Do you collect figures?

No.

14)In your opinion, what is the best thing about the EU?

Matthew Stover; Timothy Zahn; Michael Stackpole; Aaron Allston. The freedom to explore and expand on ideas, concepts, characters, and events that were only referenced in the movies because they peripheral to the stories in those movies. The ability to expand the universe beyond the movies.

15)In your opinion, what are the worst things about the EU?

Troy Denning post-NJO; Christie Golden. The tendency to make Luke's New Jedi Order function and think more and more like the Old Order. The decision to retcon Vergere into a Sith, and the accompanying decision to have Jacen Solo fall to the Dark Side. Nearly everything post-NJO, really (excepting Paul Kemp's Jaden Korr duology and Millennium Falcon, at any rate).

16)What Does Star Wars mean to you?

Adventure; hope; joy.