A few Questions for us all...

Selenial

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only apprentices Traya had truly, were Revan and Meetra....

And a few un named, but she treated them as her gods.... Who had much to learn.

As for your Jedi mentor, I believe you mean Arren Kae.

Well those were not Traya's apprentices, Traya's apprentices were Sion and Nihilus. Not exactly what I aspire to be.

I chose Kreia (or rather Arren Kae) as my Jedi Master because she trained Revan and Meetra, and trained them well.

Well those were not Traya's apprentices, Traya's apprentices were Sion and Nihilus. Not exactly what I aspire to be.

I chose Kreia (or rather Arren Kae) as my Jedi Master because she trained Revan and Meetra, and trained them well.

All in all, you have to remember she's the same person.... And that Sion and Nihilus were merely Tools, being under her as a Sith would mean being Grey, and that's why I chose her, and Qui-gon... Given the choice, I'd rather not be a Jedi or a Sith.

Guys, how about you stop with the Jedi vs. Sith discussion. This is not the thread for it.

Indeed, philosophical debates are not ones to have over the forums, but whilst drunk on a night out :p

No but seriously, debate anything bar question 1....

Like why both Beni and Aurbere went for a Dooku approach to lightsaber combat :p

This is not the thread for it.

Also, I'm seeing a great deal of ignorance from both parties (luckily, I'm not involved)

We pretty much decided that most of us would follow the Grey path anyway, there's huge flaws in both orders. That's the point of a lot of the EU....

I think it's time we move on...

All in all, you have to remember she's the same person.... And that Sion and Nihilus were merely Tools, being under her as a Sith would mean being Grey, and that's why I chose her, and Qui-gon... Given the choice, I'd rather not be a Jedi or a Sith.
Physically yes, but mentally? I'm not so sure.

"Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose."

Darth Traya and Kreia are not one in the same, her outlook, ideas and objectives drastically changed after her fall. Or at least that is what seems apparent. Essentially Darth Traya is far more Sith than Gray.

What would happen if one were to apprentice under Traya? I expect you'd be used, twisted and then betrayed.

I went for Adaptability...

Dual sabers, one saber, Saber Staff, Long hilt saber....

All these are an option with Twin Blades...

Anyone got suggestions for more questions?

Adaptability is good. Originally I planned to put a saberstaff (ala Shadow Guard), but reading Dark Rendezvous again has made me further appreciate Dooku's character and how it reflects in his fighting style, so I went with that.

Also, it would take a great deal of mastery in lightsaber combat to use so many tools.

Edited by Aurbere

Anyone got suggestions for more questions?

What character would you want to duel against/battle with? Either because that character really annoys you and/or you respect that that character.

Edit: My answers:

Characters because they annoy me: Jar Jar, Luke in ESB, Vitiate, any Jedi that shoots lightning

Characters out of respect: Bane, Kun, Maul, Yoda

Edited by sell-dog

Precision, efficiency, and pure style.
This, this and this. A true duelist wields Makashi.

But I through Juyo in their simple because its such a deadly and effective style to wield, and to avoid became enslaved to form. Juyo covers my weakenesses, but I feel complements Makashi quite well.

Just compare Ventress' and Maul's fighting style, they are very similar.

This, this and this. A true duelist wields Makashi.

But I through Juyo in their simple because its such a deadly and effective style to wield, and to avoid became enslaved to form. Juyo covers my weakenesses, but I feel complements Makashi quite well.

Just compare Ventress' and Maul's fighting style, they are very similar.

If I were to pair any form with Makashi, it would be Ataru. That is, if I wasn't able to overcome Makashi's lack of kinetic force.

Shades of Shaak Ti there.

If I were to pair any form with Makashi, it would be Ataru. That is, if I wasn't able to overcome Makashi's lack of kinetic force.

Shades of Shaak Ti there.

I don't know, Makashi and Ataru don't seem to complement eachother.

To quote the Jedi Path:

A Form II practitioner keeps both feet, one in front of the other, on a line and advances or retreats along this line, avoiding the leaps of acrobatics of Form IV.

Makashi favors precise cuts and jabs, while Ataru favors broad and kinetic strokes. Makashi favors efficiency and economy of motion, while Ataru favors all out and often taxing assaults. The two forms couldn't be any more different. Ti seems to have managed to reconcile the forms, but then we have to ask ourselves whether she switches between one or the other, or actually melds them together.

I don't know, Makashi and Ataru don't seem to complement eachother.

To quote the Jedi Path:

A Form II practitioner keeps both feet, one in front of the other, on a line and advances or retreats along this line, avoiding the leaps of acrobatics of Form IV.

Makashi favors precise cuts and jabs, while Ataru favors broad and kinetic strokes. Makashi favors efficiency and economy of motion, while Ataru favors all out and often taxing assaults. The two forms couldn't be any more different. Ti seems to have managed to reconcile the forms, but then we have to ask ourselves whether she switches between one or the other, or actually melds them together.

While true, I had considered that, but I feel that Ataru's limited use would be a good combination for Makashi.

Physically yes, but mentally? I'm not so sure.

"Know that there was once a Darth Traya. And that she cast aside that role, was exiled, and found a new purpose."

Darth Traya and Kreia are not one in the same, her outlook, ideas and objectives drastically changed after her fall. Or at least that is what seems apparent. Essentially Darth Traya is far more Sith than Gray.

What would happen if one were to apprentice under Traya? I expect you'd be used, twisted and then betrayed.

You're convincing Darth Traya, with Darth Traya. A rookie mistake.

The original Darth Traya didn't use Sion or Nihilus, she fully embraced the Darkness. The Darth Traya who faced the exile in the core wasn't pure darkness. She stated so herself, she fell back into being a Sith as Meetra's last test...

What character would you want to duel against/battle with? Either because that character really annoys you and/or you respect that that character.

Edit: My answers:

Characters because they annoy me: Jar Jar, Luke in ESB, Vitiate, any Jedi that shoots lightning (Plo Koon)

Characters out of respect: Bane, Kun, Maul, Yoda

:mad::mad::mad:

You pretty much chose Ventress' fighting style.

*Nods*

Indirectly of course, I didn't think "OH IMA B VENTRESS" It just so happened I perceived hers to be the deadliest.

In fact, I forgot to mention, the Twin Blades are those of Komari Vosa, (I'd rather have curved hilt than an extra long one if needed)

*Nods*

Indirectly of course, I didn't think "OH IMA B VENTRESS" It just so happened I perceived hers to be the deadliest.

In fact, I forgot to mention, the Twin Blades are those of Komari Vosa, (I'd rather have curved hilt than an extra long one if needed)

Ventress indeed.