40k to train speeder?

MikeScottMorgan

It's not that bad. Certainly doable.

Recent MMO's have made getting early mounts easy lately. Heck, if you only started playing WoW in the last year or two, you've had it easy mode.

It's actually much easier to get your speeder at 25 than it was to get the 100 gold to get your level 40 mount in WoW in the beginning. Don't even get me started on the epic mounts.

Normal questing/vendoring goods will easily get you the cash, so long as you aren't spending it all on crafting.

That seems a bit high...

I made well over 100k by the time I reached 25, but spent quite a bit of it on other stuff (crafting is a lot more expensive than you realize at first..)

Hint: chain questing is not really the best way to make max money. Virtually every other activity in the game has better non XP rewards, whether it's farming mobs for drops, running warzones, space missions or flashpoints. You might level a little slower but you'll wind up with a lot more cash in the same period of time.

Edited by Wintermutes

In my opinion, money sinks are necessary in an MMO. Simple as that. If not, then where is the sense of accomplishment? Why bother earning credits in the first place? Besides, I had around 60,000 credits when I hit level 25, so it was hardly a stretch in terms of being able to afford it.

I had over 80k when I hit 25. This was after crafting and buying some extra storage space. Didn't spend any on ship equipment or anything from the auction house.

40k seems fine to me. Cheap actually. In other games I rarely have enough cash for a mount, but here, it was practically a given.

I can see the point though.

The cheapest speeder is 8K Learning to drive it is 40k.

So Drivers Ed for a 24k Mustang would be $120,000 dollars....

:-)

In the beginning of WoW, they charged 100 gold for a horse, and something like 5 gold to train it. It seemed logical.

But, then, they realized that you then had to pay another 100 gold if you wanted a slightly different color horse.

SWTOR is following the same logic.... they don't want to hit you for 40k for each speeder you buy, wanting to collect all the colors/models.

Yeah it's "tough" when the game doesn't just give the mount away for a few gold..er I mean credits huh? ;)

Who are you kidding with this nonsense? It's a million times easier to get your mount skills in SWTOR than it was in vanilla WoW.

I bought two companion kits 12,500 each and my speeder training plus my speeder for a total of 48,00 for the speeder and 25,00 for the companion kits when I was level 25 and I still had about 30k left over.

Later down the line you'll spend millions of credits. You may be spending too much on crafting or something else if your lacking money by level 25. 48,000 isnt much by that time, if it is you may need to take some time learning how to budget your finances.

Just out of curiosity how many of you with 80k+ solo'd to 25 and how many were always in a group? I was always on a 4 man team with my guildmates and only have about 16k at 23. How much is a team nerfing my income? I'm not complaining about the price just trying to figure it out.

Just out of curiosity how many of you with 80k+ solo'd to 25 and how many were always in a group? I was always on a 4 man team with my guildmates and only have about 16k at 23. How much is a team nerfing my income? I'm not complaining about the price just trying to figure it out.

I wasn't in a 4 man, but I was Duoing the entire time I've played, and I have 40k at 21.

I solo'd everything during beta and EAG and never had more than 20-25k by level 24.