Shadows - Top 3 Questions

KeyboardNinja

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyone have any bets on when these questions will be getting answered this week? I got my money on Thursday.

If tomorrow is 2.4 patch day I wouldn't assume we'll see it until next week. Assuming it is tomorrow they'll spend today doing last minute prep work, tomorrow watching for major crashes and Wednesday through Friday hotfixing everything they broke with the patch. Then next week will be less urgent fixes and balance fixing for the Ops.

I'm probably being pessimistic, but I'm betting next Wednesday or Thursday (9th or 10th) as they've not demonstrated this being a priority and their long history of breaking stuff with major and minor patches. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

I wouldn't be shocked if they released them at the same time as the patch so that they have fewer people reviewing them and critiquing them with the hope that the questions just get forgotten.

That is a very good point that I didn't think of. I think it would be in poor taste for them to do that, and if the answers came out as L2P the negative reaction would dwarf the first L2P response since would it would be viewed as underhanded too. The biggest benefit would be that it would slow/delay negative reactions for a bit.

That is a very good point that I didn't think of. I think it would be in poor taste for them to do that, and if the answers came out as L2P the negative reaction would dwarf the first L2P response since would it would be viewed as underhanded too. The biggest benefit would be that it would slow/delay negative reactions for a bit.

I'm fully convinced they don't intend to ever give us real answers. There is a trick used by anyone in a job that makes people wait: Tell them it'll be about half an hour (this was mentioned on Thirty Rock, but I've used it for a long time). Another trick I've used: Telling people that I'll get them out after I just finish this paperwork regardless of when or if I even intend to release them. We're being played. Plain and simple.

Whereas I too share your love of the game, desire for it to succeed, yet while also acknowledging the lulz worthiness of the current foibles, why the heck would they break the game in order to avoid answering our few questions? The logic would seem to me to be to be: distract from prereleasing a patch by providing the answers.

The only thing that would be intentional is if they did release the answers at this point. That would be all sorts of messed up, but planning things out well seems to take a level of skill considerably higher than the devs are comfortable with.

Just glad I won't have to patch to full tonight.

So it is currently Tuesday of the SECOND week of waiting for answers to our questions. Is there any chance we can at least get an update from the community team on when we can expect them this week, if we can't have the answers themselves?

Go in arena, you'll get all the answers you need in there.

I'm going to persist in my pathetically optimistic and jaded view of life and hope that this is actually a good thing that the answers are taking a while.

I see their delay being for one of three reasons:

1) They are bashing their heads to finish 2.5 first so they can say "Oh yeah, sure, we are already ahead of you, we fixed all that already in 2.5. See?"

2) They're scared because they've been threatened that the next developer that releases a H2F answer gets fired, so every employee from the entire company is previewing and editing the answers for correctness.

3) They are still out shopping to try and find a calculator that can handle KBN math

Surprisingly enough.... #1 turned out to be the correct answer!

I like the new changes. While yes.... Self healing was cool.....we will still have an active form of mitigation and should keep the "flavor" of the class. Also means Ephemeral Mending is officially gone as well.