the game needs a decent healing debuff or a generell nerf to heal in warzones

discoklaus

You could also say : the thing is, that 90% out of the random warzones, the team with the less muppets wins.

This would also be true. But would that mean that good players need to be nerfed?

You know - healing alone won't win any match, period. You can be a pro healer in AHG and be team up with muppets and you will lose even if the opposing team won't have a one healing class.

So no, no nerfing any healing class just because it is so hard to mark the healer and focus fire on him /her first.

If you are electing to use a strawman argument, at least make the strawman SEEM like he isn't just pulled out randomly from your hindquarters.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may not be the brightest candle on the cake, but I do have enough neurons working together to know how to peel and taunt for my own healer.

Are your healers not receiving the same benefits from their teammates? Because it almost seems like you're suggesting that healers HAVE to be overtuned to account for the fact that they'll be going it alone for the duration of the fight.

Ergo, "Our tanks and DPS will be too busy pwning face to worry about our healers, so the healer HAS to be OP to make up the difference".

Sage and Commando healers aren't OP

The idea that healing is OP is, I think, a similar mode of thinking to the idea that pre-mades ruin warzones. Both, generally speaking, require coordination to counter, and in pugs that is usually seriously lacking. If I solo queue, I frequently mark and/or attack healers, and I can't tell you how many times I've worked any spec of healer to 20% or less health, maybe hard stunned them, but then watched in utter frustration as they escaped because my energy pool was expended. If just one dumb ***** had hit the guy with the big friggin' target on thier head it'd be over, instead, I see that Op or Sage run away, and (yeah I'm saying it) heal to full while my energy slowly regens and I watch my offensive cooldowns slowly tick back...

Im fine with the healing in this game HELL im fine with EVERY games healing PvP until it doesent turn what wow is now

you know that you need to stop PvP ing when a healer Spamming LoL and running around for 5+ mins while 4+ Dps on him and blowing everything.

now THATS broken

healing in this game im totally fine with at least here even if you cant kill a healer you can lock him down alone or with another player.

in wow even 2 players cant lock down a healer he keeps himself up and his whole team even tough that 2 dps is blowing cc's on him.

healing in this game is fine just don't make the healers the God mode PvP tanks of the game.

the thing is, that 90% out of the random warzones, the team with the more healer wins.

healing was always very strong in this game since the release, but somehow it has gotten worse and worse and worse.

healers are just to crucial right now. one good geared scoundrel/ops wins the game "solo" if his team doesnt consist of dumb players.

the pvp is dying more and more and for my part its the opness of healing.

i dont even wanna start with the discusssion of guard + heal. thats a whole different story.

every mmorg that i have played so far had at least some decent heal debuffs. this game only has 1 ****** heal debuff

/rant over

edit: i agree that sorcs and especially mercs dont need a nerf. the generell consens seems to be that sorcs are in a good state where as mercs could need a little buffing.

Ive been adviceing this for a loong time. The premades with thier powerhealers with tankguards are unbalacing the game epiclly. Nerf the heals so u can only get 1-2 heals per fight. Then youll see the premade players arent thatgood pvpers after all, since they can only battle with 2-3 healers healing them 100% all the time. They lack the skills of tactics and strategy, and are pretty brainless zombie kids wanting to have easy kills .

1 heal debuff?.. erm going of memory i'm pretty sure there's at least a few. First and most prevalent to my personal situation would be "crippling throw" but I'm pretty sure nearly every class has a similar debuff, if not heal receive/done then armor pen/reduction.

the only healing debuff i know of is the one that mara/sent got, thats a 20% healing debuff. maybe there are more, but i still feel they have no real effect.

and you really wanna tell me the 9% armor pen the assa/shadow has is in any way comparable to a 20% healing debuff when it comes to killing targets? thats not in any way comparable

I am a sorcerer healer in this game and prefer to play player vs. enviroment over player vs. player. Most people on my server love me to death when we are doing operations or flashpoints and others think I am a very good healer in pvp as well. However I have always viewed myself as a average player because I deal with low frames per second and graphic issues where stuff doesn't always load until well into the fight (both pve and pvp) even on the lowest of game settings.

I read these nerf healers titles alot and just move on, but I decided today I would reply to this one because simply, said try playing a healer and see what its like. Yes, some of the healing classes have advantages over another healing class and the surviability of each healer shows in the numbers it can put out durning combat situations. I personally quit playing pvp again because of what bioware said about a month ago to our top 3 questions as I felt insulted.

I do not agree. While healers are becoming increasingly important in warzones, a team with too much heals and not enough dps fails. One instance, I was on a team that somehow got 6 helaers, 4 of which were scoundrels, but only 1 dps and a tank. that hypergates was horrible, the other team out dps'ed us and we were not killing the enemy team as much as they were killing us despite healers, causing them to get ahead due to the fact that killing enemy team members gives energy to your pylon.

Dps is needed as much as heals at this point, without them working together its hard to win warzones. So, the more helaers you get, you might be sacrificing a lot of dps in the process and that's no good if you can't really damage people enough to get a decent amount of kills to, charge up a pylon, or in other instances to clear the enemy off a node so you can cap.

read this.

I may not be the brightest candle on the cake, but I do have enough neurons working together to know how to peel and taunt for my own healer.

Are your healers not receiving the same benefits from their teammates? Because it almost seems like you're suggesting that healers HAVE to be overtuned to account for the fact that they'll be going it alone for the duration of the fight.

Ergo, "Our tanks and DPS will be too busy pwning face to worry about our healers, so the healer HAS to be OP to make up the difference".

Try healing PuGs and then feel free to share how many times you actually got peels or even guard out of all the matches played. I think the amount of times I've gotten guard from a PuG tank is something around 10 or perhaps less. And peels? Probably something around 10 as well if we only count instances where people dropped their target and attacked whoever engaged me instead.

Try healing PuGs and then feel free to share how many times you actually got peels or even guard out of all the matches played. I think the amount of times I've gotten guard from a PuG tank is something around 10 or perhaps less. And peels? Probably something around 10 as well if we only count instances where people dropped their target and attacked whoever engaged me instead.

and that is your answer why a dps should never kill a healer 1v1?

Seriously? OMG. As a DPS, I figured it was my job to:

1. Mark and kill enemy healers.

2. Kill/CC anyone harassing friendly healers.

3. Abuse the hell out of my taunts.

I am SOOOO ashamed of my chosen role right now.

the heals are just out of the roof. Healers instaheal players from 1% Health to 100% in one sec. It shouldnt be possible.

I have the 3 healing classes two of which fully moded Conqeror and that is impossible. You need 5 seconds with both Scoundrel and Sage, if you get your Crits on spot at the moment.

Yes Scoundrels/Operative need a small de-buff, but both Commandos/Mercs or Sages/Sorcs are fine atm.

You can see in the records thread TORBattles.net that Scoundels are about 20% above the other classes.

I have the 3 healing classes two of which fully moded Conqeror and that is impossible. You need 5 seconds with both Scoundrel and Sage, if you get your Crits on spot at the moment.

Yes Scoundrels/Operative need a small de-buff, but both Commandos/Mercs or Sages/Sorcs are fine atm.

You can see in the records thread TORBattles.net that Scoundels are about 20% above the other classes.

I think what he was probably talking about was a target that had multiple heals hit it in one go. I've seen my own health and other targets suddenly go from 20% to 80% or almost full in about 1-2 seconds (or whatever passes for it when the WZ is laggy, which seems to be the case all too often). It's particularly depressing when a target gets in the 30% zone... it almost seems like half the time the target gets healed out of it even though I'm trying to hit Dispatch, etc., immediately.

I'm well aware one healer is only going to be able to do so much (I have a Commando and also regularly tank with a healer or two from my guild in WZs), but they can do quite a lot all the same.

I rather wonder if a heal decay wouldn't be helpful for WZs, though. You wouldn't want this to be too strong, as you do want heals to be important, but a few healers together or a tank and a healer can almost be a brick wall for the other team to face. I've had some rounds where there were hardly any deaths for either team and it was a solid slugmatch at one node or two for the entire match. Lots of DPS with just a handful of deaths.

But I would want to wait and see how this plays out with arenas, too. That's going to change some things a lot.

Edited by Pilgrim_Grey

typical responses in this thread, heals need nerfs across the board.

few week ago, i as a dps merc was being focused by 6-7 members of enemy team. 2 healers kept me alive through all there dps. 1-2mins later i had killed them all with the help of 2 healers. its not balanced if 3 players can hold most of the enemy team by themselves.

yesterday i won a game of hutball without any force class or op/scoundrel why because me and other healer were cross healing and healing the team. it was on commando healing. i am avg healer at best probably below avg though. enemy was unable to kill me, they tried interrupts/cc. cross healing was just to strong.

don't know how many of you were playing this a year ago. cause a year ago, heals helped you win but were not capable of making people invincible. if some who was being healed was being focused they would die. now a healer can easily outheal 2-3 dps.

typical responses in this thread, heals need nerfs across the board.

few week ago, i as a dps merc was being focused by 6-7 members of enemy team. 2 healers kept me alive through all there dps. 1-2mins later i had killed them all with the help of 2 healers. its not balanced if 3 players can hold most of the enemy team by themselves.

yesterday i won a game of hutball without any force class or op/scoundrel why because me and other healer were cross healing and healing the team. it was on commando healing. i am avg healer at best probably below avg though. enemy was unable to kill me, they tried interrupts/cc. cross healing was just to strong.

don't know how many of you were playing this a year ago. cause a year ago, heals helped you win but were not capable of making people invincible. if some who was being healed was being focused they would die. now a healer can easily outheal 2-3 dps.

If 6-7 dps can't out dps 2 healers, then the dps suck

OPs are the only healers that are OP. They need some sort of nerf to their personal survivability. But I think guard is the bigger problem because it has no counter. It should have some sort of diminishing return or some counter ability given to some classes. 1 tank and one OP healer can last indefinitely. One OP by themselves can also be unkillable in certain situations. The other two healing classes are fine when they are not guarded.

ding ding ding!

Healing is definitely slightly over tuned, especially for scoundrels but guard is most definitely the main issue and it always has been.

If 6-7 dps can't out dps 2 healers, then the dps suck

I think many DPS suck...

With my Scoundrel I have the liking to go Snow in Civil War, with another DPS (most of the times a Shadow or Sentinel) and this is also done random.

When doing this I create havoc for the opponents, and if they are 2 vs 2/3 they always bring reinforcements and or loose the turret. Interestingly if I could take a percentage 90% of the time, they start with the good will to try killing the healer but end up running after the DPS which makes matters for them even worse.

I think many DPS suck...

dont say many. lets face it, MOST melee DPSers (in PUG WZs. cant talk about ranked as iam a loner) suck.

they key to balance isnt a healer nerf. its, give ppl a reason to play ranged dps classes.

even for me, an avg PvP healer it is way to easy to kite 80% of the melee players. but it requires some effort to get rid of a ranged player.

so to sum it up: nerf Smash!

Hail Blizz! enslave Tatooine

dont say many. lets face it, MOST melee DPSers (in PUG WZs. cant talk about ranked as iam a loner) suck.

they key to balance isnt a healer nerf. its, give ppl a reason to play ranged dps classes.

even for me, an avg PvP healer it is way to easy to kite 80% of the melee players. but it requires some effort to get rid of a ranged player.

so to sum it up: nerf Smash!

Hail Blizz! enslave Tatooine

There are a lot of ranged dps layers lately. Lightning sorcerer, arsenal merc and lethality snipers everywhere!