Making RoTHC Free

Mallace

Why wouldn't you announce this type of news sooner? Why are you giving recent purchases of the expansion an added bonus of CC's while previous subscribers get just a title (which by comparison has no monetary value)? I hope you know you have angered entire guilds into possibly quitting this game for the lack of support for long time subscribers. The game still has too many common bugs that should be fixed before pouring resources into game events and giving away free stuff. Goodbye SWTOR.

Agree,

I already stopped buying cartel coins because of all the focus on ftp players. Now I don't really see much point in subscribing at all. Most everything that can be bought with my monthly cartel coins in in the GTN anyway, and spending the coins I have left should open up all the sup perks.

If EABW just wants to cater to people with more money then sense, I really don't see a point in giving them any of my cash.

You guys should have just put out the Free ROTHC announcement months ago and not giving anyone anything. Getting screwed over by your favorite MMO's Devs is nothing new, but when others are being rewarded at the same time is a bad call.

Why wouldn't you announce this type of news sooner? Why are you giving recent purchases of the expansion an added bonus of CC's while previous subscribers get just a title (which by comparison has no monetary value)? I hope you know you have angered entire guilds into possibly quitting this game for the lack of support for long time subscribers. The game still has too many common bugs that should be fixed before pouring resources into game events and giving away free stuff. Goodbye SWTOR.

Because then people who would have spent $10 between whenever they "could have" announced it and when they did, would not have spent that $10. Less revenue for EA. Simple, right?

Also, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=679027

Because then people who would have spent $10 between whenever they "could have" announced it and when they did, would not have spent that $10. Less revenue for EA. Simple, right?

Also, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=679027

I suspect it has more to do with being an emergency bone thrown to subscribers over the Dye-cost uproar.

I suspect it has more to do with being an emergency bone thrown to subscribers over the Dye-cost uproar.

If that was their intention, it backfired horribly. If they wanted to throw a bone to subscribers over the dyes, they'd give subscribers a discount on the dyes or something. :p Or just give subscribers another blanket CC bonus.

But I doubt this has anything to do with the dyes.

In any case, whoever has been coming up with these ideas is a bit out of touch with the community.

Edited by chuixupu

If that was their intention, it backfired horribly. If they wanted to throw a bone to subscribers over the dyes, they'd give subscribers a discount on the dyes or something. :p Or just give subscribers another blanket CC bonus.

But I doubt this has anything to do with the dyes.

In any case, whoever has been coming up with these ideas is a bit out of touch with the community.

Everything they try to do to appease subscribers backfires because they do the equivalent of peeing on you and then "fixing" it by giving you an umbrella.

They haven't figured out yet that subscribers would just rather not be peed on in the first place.

I pay for multiple accounts, and NONE of them is buying another Cartel Coin until this is rectified. All of the people playing that I pay for can earn credits via dailies and don't need anything from the Cartel Market anyway.

Nice job of pissing on long -time subscribers. You will gain people who sub for a month then go back to Preferred. You will lose substantially on long-time supporters of this game.

The person that thought this was a good idea is an idiot.

Emphasis mine.

They are NOT getting bonus CC's, stop parroting this nonsense.

They are getting the approximate value of expansion back in CC's to cover the fact that they bought the expansion very shortly before it was made available for free. Which under certain consumer rights laws would possibly have entitled them to a refund within a 30 days period.

BW made the move to enable them to keep the cash from sales within the last month without having to worry about dealing with a bunch of refund requests.

That they phrased this detail attrociously in the announcement and the fact that a lot of people on here have raging entitlement issues/persecution complexes has no baring on the fact that is was done out of combination of economic pragmatism and legal necessity.

Edited by jedip_enguin

I pay for multiple accounts, and NONE of them is buying another Cartel Coin until this is rectified. All of the people playing that I pay for can earn credits via dailies and don't need anything from the Cartel Market anyway.

Nice job of pissing on long -time subscribers. You will gain people who sub for a month then go back to Preferred. You will lose substantially on long-time supporters of this game.

The person that thought this was a good idea is an idiot.

You're mad because something you bought months ago is now free?

And to the OP: this needed ANOTHER thread why exactly?

Edited by GatorAndy

Most people don't even care about this. If its too expensive, people wont buy it. Unless your having an anal transplant about it like most of the community seems to now days.

OMG your changing the colours on the welcome screen! I quit, you have screwed me for the last time bioware!

Uh, to prevent a horde of people buying the expansion and then getting that AND the CCs? :rolleyes:

I don't know about that. BW has the numbers and knows the reason why they are releasing it for free to subs. If I had to put money on why they are doing it, it would be for 2 reasons. 1. To try to get new subs. 2. New expansion purchases have dwindled significantly, which was a given to happen at some point. Well there is a 3rd reason as well, a new expansion is on the not too distant horizon.

I expect RotHC to be completely given away for free before the next expansion, including f2p but I find it a little shady to not give a little more notice before doing this.

Wait.. what? Did you not get your umbrella? CK clearly said that you would be getting an umbrella to go with that.

BW made the move to enable them to keep the cash from sales within the last month without having to worry about dealing with a bunch of refund requests.

That they phrased this detail attrociously in the announcement and the fact that a lot of people on here have raging entitlement issues/persecution complexes has no baring on the fact that is was done out of combination of economic pragmatism and legal necessity.

/Agree.

Considering the range of jurisdictions they sell in.. and the fact that this sort of thing is required by law in some of those jurisdictions... yep.

Fact: late buyers can still request a refund if they want, where permitted by law. The CC awards simply incents them to not do so. The choice remains firmly in the hands of the buyer.

Where is the common sense in this forum? I know it's around here somewhere.

Edited by Andryah

/Agree.

Considering the range of jurisdictions they sell in.. and the fact that this sort of thing is required by law in some of those jurisdictions... yep.

Fact: late buyers can still request a refund if they want, where permitted by law. The CC awards simply incents them to not do so. The choice remains firmly in the hands of the buyer.

Where is the common sense in this forum? I know it's around here somewhere.

Shhh, dont be agreeing with me in public, they'll figure out that I'm working for Bioware too :rolleyes:

jedip_enguin;6745398]Emphasis mine.

No, it is bonus CC's:

"Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT."

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130910

Edited by Mallace

Nice job of pissing on long -time subscribers...

Rain. That's rain. Trust me. Never mind the greenish-yellow tint to it or the fact that asparagus was served in the EA executive dining room today. It's rain. Really. Rain.

Edited by DarthTHC

Emphasis mine.

No, it is bonus CC's:

"Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT."

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130910

Well done on selectively quoting the opening line of my post while ignoring the rest of it.

As I mentioned the press release is appallingly poorly worded. It's almost like the PR department wanted to piss people off.

This is a 'store credit' refund to encourage people not to ask for cash refunds, nothing more.

If they had phrased it as such, they could have saved themselves a heap of trouble, but them's the breaks.

Edited by jedip_enguin