Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tionese Armor sets,

Spellflash

Just what the hell? Haters, you asked for something to change your Rakata/Tionise/... armor - you get it. But why did they removed old sets from the game at all? For some people sets looked bad, for some - good, but you have a choice. Change it, if you don't like it. But now it is not even a default set, it was replaced with a more agly ones (for example - Sith Warrior PVE set with a fishtank helmet). Set removement was definitely unnecessary. Edited by Spellflash

Don't get your hopes up. The oh-so-special Old Schoolers get all butthurt and throw the toys out of the pram when anyone even *suggests* such things...heaven forbid that new-comers have a fair shot at things. No, can't be having that...

The entitledness is strong in this portion of the fan base... Seriously though, people need to get over there "Only I'm allowed to have it" attitude.

I support bringing these shells back in a vendor of some sort, a few of my toons have it, but it would nice if all my toons got the chance.

I don't understand why people are asking for them on the CM. The schematics are currently in game, they just need to be adjusted to BoE. Make armor mech and synth weaving rewarding for people who kept them all this time. Please!

It's quite simple. Cartel Market making the re-adding of these sets more real. The devs have 3 choices by now.

- Adding the sets to Cartel Market (+money)

- Adding the sets through some other way (no profit)

- Keep all things as they are (no profit, but also no work to be done).

Hey, I think that one of the Republic reputation sets in Section X looks very similar or even the same as the old Tionese/Columi/rakata armors. At least the chestpiece, that is. Different colours though. And I may also be wrong, but it might be worth checking out, OP.

You're wrong =) I was there today and checked the vendors)

Edited by Spellflash

It took me a lot of QQ to get those removed from game.

And I'm proud to say "mission accomplished."

Hahaha, well played!

We're better off without tionese/columi/rakata for the most part. Nearly all of it was hideous (I think the only ones I liked were the imperial agent sets).

I still have nightmares about the inquisitor sets. Those horrible triangle shoulders. The cringe-inducing starched buttflap. The disgusting cone hat. The fact that on females the chestpiece got this awful scooped neckline and gross cut-off halter top. Ugh. There was nothing redeemable about any of it. >:|

I sort of wish I had an Inquisitor with Rakata, just so I could use the dye system now to paint the shoulders pink/white, robe orange, hat green, and gloves blue. Magenta Crystal. And just roll like that.

That's just cruel. D:

Edited by Arenatah

Don't get your hopes up. The oh-so-special Old Schoolers get all butthurt and throw the toys out of the pram when anyone even *suggests* such things...heaven forbid that new-comers have a fair shot at things. No, can't be having that...

If you didn't play the game when the set was available, you don't get it. It's a perk of being a sub from the beginning. I'm not sure why everyone thinks they are somehow entitled to everything in the game.

I've played since launch and wouldn't care if they re-introduce the old Tionese sets, but I simply don't see the point in doing so, because I remember how many people complained about how ugly they were (and those who benefited from having useless set bonuses and therefore weren't forced to wear the ugly sets.)

Also, ye olde "set bonus versus augmented gear" conversations. Not that that's relevant now, but part of the argument was "don't need to wear crappy Tionese gear."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.