Increase credit cap for free-2-play and favorite players (asked from a subscriber)

Arnianor

Hello,

I think a slight increase in the credit cap of free-to-play and favorite players should be implemented (I'm a subscriber, I don't have credit cap myself, though this is affecting subscribers as well).

I know, you will say there's the credit escrow transfer and players can deal with them. You're right. That's why I don't ask for removing the credit cap, just increasing it.

But look at the price of those: 40CC for 50K, 80CC for 150K, and especially 240CC for 600K.

The 240CC for 600K motivates F2P and favorites players to invest money in the game, I'll give you this. Though there is quite a lot of them out there which are sold for credits thus not forcing a player to invest money in game.

The problem of their price and actual credit limit is that if you want to sell them, you have to propose an affordable price. Which is the problem. Due to a lot of cartel items being unlocks for fav and f2p players, those unlocks are scaled down in credit price compared to other cartel market items. This is bad for the economy, as player will take those items as new reference for conversion between Cartel Coins and Credit.

Example: somebody wants to sell an escrow transfer of 600K to a f2p player. The f2p player can't pay it more the 200K where the escrow transfer costs 240CC. So this somebody has to sell for only 200K, which makes even less than 1K per cartel coin.

This makes sales hard to do, and reduce the in-game interest of the Cartel Market to subscribers, who receive 500CC a month. If the credit caps were higher, both for f2p and favorite, it would benefit everyone.

• BioWare/EA: Conversion ratio between Cartel Coins and Credits would increase in the game, thus making cartel market more profitable and motivating more players to invest in it, although there might be a small decrease in escrow transfer.
  • Subscribers: your 500 - more CC a month will be worth more in-game credits. Plus, you'll be able to sell your loots at a higher price.
  • F2P and Favorites: Your purchasing power will be increased.

The increase I'm proposing is this one, though another one could fit as well:

• F2P: 200K to 400K
  • Favorites: 350K to 600K

Thanks and post your views :)

Edited by Arnianor

Goodbye credit farmer.

/thread

Nice mentality. Asking for a better in-game economy makes me a pirate ? Great. So I'm a pirate then. But in no way did I ever crossed the game charts. I have this account since game announcement, and have been playing since open-beta. I think, if I was a cheat, I would be banned by now. This is just slander.

Edited by Arnianor

Athough I don't think the increase you are proposing is irrational, I don't think it will make much of a difference

Example: somebody wants to sell an escrow transfer of 600K to a f2p player. The f2p player can't pay it more the 200K where the escrow transfer costs 240CC. So this somebody has to sell for only 200K, which makes even less than 1K per cartel coin.

Also, keep in mind that escrow transfers are mainly for Preferred players or Subscribers who plan on going preferred. Therefore, they have the money to spent on buying the unlocks/passes needed. And I don't know about your server but on my server they never go for prices that F2P players can afford.

Hello,

I think a slight increase in the credit cap of free-to-play and favorite players should be implemented (I'm a subscriber, I don't have credit cap myself, though this is affecting subscribers as well).

I know, you will say there's the credit escrow transfer and players can deal with them. You're right. That's why I don't ask for removing the credit cap, just increasing it.

But look at the price of those: 40CC for 50K, 80CC for 150K, and especially 240CC for 600K.

The 240CC for 600K motivates F2P and favorites players to invest money in the game, I'll give you this. Though there is quite a lot of them out there which are sold for credits thus not forcing a player to invest money in game.

The problem of their price and actual credit limit is that if you want to sell them, you have to propose an affordable price. Which is the problem. Due to a lot of cartel items being unlocks for fav and f2p players, those unlocks are scaled down in credit price compared to other cartel market items. This is bad for the economy, as player will take those items as new reference for conversion between Cartel Coins and Credit.

This makes sales hard to do, and reduce the in-game interest of the Cartel Market to subscribers, who receive 500CC a month. If the credit caps were higher, both for f2p and favorite, it would benefit everyone.

• BioWare/EA: Conversion ratio between Cartel Coins and Credits would increase in the game, thus making cartel market more profitable and motivating more players to invest in it, although there might be a small decrease in escrow transfer.
  • Subscribers: your 500 - more CC a month will be worth more in-game credits. Plus, you'll be able to sell your loots at a higher price.
  • F2P and Favorites: Your purchasing power will be increased.

The increase I'm proposing is this one, though another one could fit as well:

• F2P: 200K to 400K
  • Favorites: 350K to 600K

Thanks and post your views :)

Let's leave the credit cap in place.

The credit cap has two benefits.

The credit cap is one of the incentives to subscribe, since it is not always possible to buy what things on the GTN at or below the credit cap.

In addition, since it is not usually possible for a F2P player to buy items on the GTN priced at over 250K, those buying the unlocks from the CM and selling them on the GTN cannot gouge the players looking to buy the unlocks. If the credit cap were raised, you would see a corresponding increase in the cost of most of the unlocks on the GTN. While this may benefit the seller (gouger), it will have a negative impact on the buyer (the F2P) since it will take longer to earn the credits to purchase the unlock. It will also have likely leave the buyer of the unlock just as short on credits as buying the unlock now does, since most sellers will price the unlocks as close to credit cap as they can and still sell the unlock.