The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Been seeing more AP in the warzones lately..

Brunner_Venda

I saw four other AP spec players yesterday that weren't me. I think that's a new record or something.

It looks like everyone is practicing with it and getting ready for 2.4.

Anyone else out there giving AP a spin? Have you tried the changes on PTS?

Edited by Brunner_Venda

I remember pre 2.0 when I would see another PT/Van in tank cell once every ... month or so, don't ever recall even seeing HEGC in that era. Then came 2.0 and I started seeing bunches of other tank PT/VG, then the novelty wore off, and I got slightly annoyed that I'm no longer the only operating tank VG in pvp on my server

I've been playing AP for about a year. I switched to pyro for a few months before 2.0 but back to AP after 2.0.

I have a lot of fun playing it, interested in the AP/Pyro hybrid and researching that now. Although after 2.4 looks like full AP will be best.

Edited by madcappah

Other shield techs exist?

On my server, VGs were very popular on the Republic side. 90% of them run shield tech since 2.0, almost one every game. On the imperial side, I think I am the only dps PT, wither its pyro or AP, in most games I play, and when I see them they typically suck, though AP should fair very well in pugs and should do better in arenas after the buff to immolate and PFT.

yep dusted off my pt and started playin ap after seeing what it can do on the pts, bobbydigital is back :D

long time no see. ;P Yeah I like AP. But not in HE cell. Try Ion. Less damage, but you keep your team alive and can run a huttball in a pinch, even in DPS gear.