20 Bucks for a Dye - This is what I feared with the Cartel Market.

Slicksteezin

Let's be honest here, there have been quite a few overpriced items on the CM since it went live - but this one i think is the most absurd.

In my opinion, this is a big slap in the face to the community. BW, do you expect us to be made out of $$?

This was a very, very greedy implementation.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the rarity of Black/Black dyes.. and the average peg exchange rate of 1000CC = 1M credits via GTN.. they are priced at a bargain and will drive down GTN prices on the Black/Black and White/White.

I know that's not what you want to hear.. but inb4 people who paid millions of credits for Black/Black claim it was they that were slapped in the face, not you.

Edited by Andryah

Let's be honest here, there have been quite a few overpriced items on the CM since it went live - but this one i think is the most absurd.

In my opinion, this is a big slap in the face to the community. BW, do you expect us to be made out of $$?

This was a very, very greedy implementation.

I agree that it is overpriced, but it is an optional thing. No one is forcing you to buy it off the CM, and if you want they dye without paying then I am sure you will be able to buy them off the GTN. At least they are stepping away form the Gambling Pack, hopefully they will lower the price and add more single dye/items items.

I agree that it is overpriced, but it is an optional thing. No one is forcing you to buy it off the CM, and if you want they dye without paying then I am sure you will be able to buy them off the GTN. At least they are stepping away form the Gambling Pack, hopefully they will lower the price and add more single dye/items items.

I don't think it's good for players to be in the business of defending a company that charges for dyes and character appearance changes. Think of it this way, the more you defend the practice, the more they know to get a way with, the less you get for your money. Ask for more, don't defend less.

If it was exclusive to direct purchase and bind on pickup, I would be frustrated with it but accept it as an unnecessary cosmetic item. As it is now, it's perfectly fine, certainly not offensive. Save your coins or buy from the GTN. There are a very large number of ways to generate credits and accrue Cartel Coins and/or items at a favorable rate.

I think the more money the developers get from optional cosmetic things, the better longevity this game has. Effective monetization of cosmetic things can keep paid gating of actual content at bay.

Rationalize it any way you want, they're selling a single use color dye for $20. That's absolutely nutty, doesn't matter what game you're playing or how much virtual currency said item is worth.

It's absurd. :tran_eek: Inb4 "you don't have to buy it". That's not the point.

Edited by oJebuso

Rationalize it any way you want, they're selling a single use color dye for $20. That's absolutely nutty, doesn't matter what game you're playing or how much virtual currency said item is worth.

It's absurd. :tran_eek:

Well you're partially right there, equating it to the in game currency is what rational people would do.

Think of it this way, the more you defend the practice, the more they know to get a way with, the less you get for your money. Ask for more, don't defend less.

Making pragmatic statements about how this action will drive the prices down in game is in no way defending the practice of putting the dyes up for the prices they chose to.

You know what defends the practice? All the people that will be buying these up for 20 dollars a pop and listing them on the GTN for 1.5-2M (50-90% discount over pre patch prices on the GTN).

You can't inb4 something if it's already been said, so please edit your post, you look silly.

I feared the Cold War breaking out.

I feared a terrorist attack on my city.

I feared an economic collapse due to government incompetence.

I feared a populist windbag would be elected president.

I feared a break-in devastating my house.

I feared a new conflict in the Middle East.

It's good to know I'm not the only one to have had fears.

I don't think it's good for players to be in the business of defending a company that charges for dyes and character appearance changes. Think of it this way, the more you defend the practice, the more they know to get a way with, the less you get for your money. Ask for more, don't defend less.

While I think it would be good if they had a in-game alternative for customization, I dont see the big deal about paying for it if the price is reasonable. It is an entirely optional part of the game, as I said no one is forcing you to use it.

I dont think I was really defending the decision, I mean, I do think it is an utterly silly price for a single use (If we could have a Dye Collections tab then that would be different). However, I have been a great advocate of selling dyes and items individually on the CM and I think this is a good step forward in that direction. Luckily one look at the forums shows just what the players think of this move on there part, so they should get the message! :i_angel:

THIS is what i'm trying to say. It has nothing to do with 2000cc equating to the market price. It's that fact that they are charging a single-use dye for 20 bucks.

If it was exclusive to direct purchase and bind on pickup, I would be frustrated with it but accept it as an unnecessary cosmetic item. As it is now, it's perfectly fine, certainly not offensive. Save your coins or buy from the GTN. There are a very large number of ways to generate credits and accrue Cartel Coins and/or items at a favorable rate.

I think the more money the developers get from optional cosmetic things, the better longevity this game has. Effective monetization of cosmetic things can keep paid gating of actual content at bay.

They have got you hook, line, and sinker. You're selling yourself out.

The only thing you get out of supporting nonsense like this is more nonsense.

The more you give them, the more they want. Not the other way around.

Way overpriced. The dye system was disappointing to begin with since most were hoping for true color customization options. Some of the color combinations don't make sense unless it's your favorite football team's colors. I learned a while back not to spend real life money on the CM. It looks like EA is only reinforcing that ideal.