Possible models for the new Dread Forged armor

Iwipe

Let's hope it's just placeholder. Otherwise it can only be a rather desperate ploy to make armour so deliberately hideous and non Star Wars themed in the hope of boosting sales of Cartel Market gear.

Don't get your hopes up. There is far too much deliberate work and too much variance between all the classes / armors shown on Dulfy's site. These aren't place holders but rather what were likely to see when 2.4 drops.

Jesus Christ BioWare. ***? Why are you dead set against making good looking end game armors? It just seems like they make hideous armors on purpose jus to force us into buying Cartel Market outfits. While I have no problem with the Cartel Market as a general rule it seems pretty silly to have no end game armors that look good. And I sure as hell don't want to feel like I'm forced o buy something from the Cartel Market to make a character look good.

This stuff looks as bad as the Tionese Inquisitor gear. None of it looks like it belongs in Star Wars either.

On the rare occasions end game armors aren't absolutely horrible to look at BioWare always ****s it up by giving it helmets with antlers or landing lights, or sea creature helmets. None of that **** looks good nor does it look like something you'd see in Star Wars. Some of the best looking gear in the game is actually some of the greens you see early on. Why can a level 11 character fresh off their starting planet look good and your level 50-55's can't?

This may sound harsh but this is getting tiresome. Fire everyone who designs gear for this game outside the Cartel Market because they are horrible at it. (Even some of that stuff is horrid too. The new headdress is a great example of how NOT to design gear.)

Edited by Spamfritter

Yes, clearly we need a thousand more variations of traditional Jedi robes with hood on/off, belt over/under robe, with loin cloth tucked in/loose, that doesn't clip with anything. :rolleyes:

Yes, clearly we need a thousand more variations of traditional Jedi robes with hood on/off, belt over/under robe, with loin cloth tucked in/loose, that doesn't clip with anything. :rolleyes:

We barely have those things to begin with. And what we do have can't be dyed to look right or has other issues. From the very beginning all end game gear has looked like it came from anything other than Star Wars. Only some of the green gear and early level orange gear actually looked good. I have longed for a set of end game gear I could wear as is to show that I accomplished something and earned my gear. Gear I could be proud to augment and use as is. Instead I've got to spend 100's of thousands of credits transferring gear to Cartel Market shells because the end game gear is absolutely hideous.

And I'm not against creativity but these items do not capture the look or feel of Star Wars. Sea Creature helmets, swap thing chest pieces and fruity Wowtard armor just don't belong in this universe. People who design this gear should actually be forced to watch the Star Wars movies before designing armor for it.

Please scrap these models. They are the single most ugly pieces of armor I've seen in your game since beta. 100% fact. They're not even designed very intricately and look cheap. PLEASE rework them or start from scratch...these are HORRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Please scrap these models. They are the single most ugly pieces of armor I've seen in your game since beta. 100% fact. They're not even designed very intricately and look cheap. PLEASE rework them or start from scratch...these are HORRIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think they look terrible, however they DO look cheap and that is the problem I have with them. They need more detail. They really look like they don't belong. Ill check the PTR, maybe they look better in person and less cheap.

I see these armors and I find myself reminded of EQII or some other midieval fantasy genre MMO. I really want to know if the powers that be know anything about Old Republic..

Are any of them fans of Star Wars?

Do they know anything about the Old Republic?

Other than Revan and the KOTOR games, have they read any or done any research on the people of the Old Republic be it reading or visual exposure to the some of the iconic times/characters of that era?

• 1 month later...
I can't believe these models made it to live. At least they took off the sill back pack off the trooper armor. I know Bioware had made a comment about the armor not being set in just a possibility too and not being a for sure thing. This is so disappointing they act like that and then maybe only change the color of it. I guess they want to give us ugly gear so we buy stuff off the cartel market.