Cross Realm Queues

xShenanigansx

Quite simply, it costs money and manpower to set up the framework for a cross-server system and it probably extends over their budget while juggling other content development. But I think that at some point they are going to have to bite the bullet on this one if they really want a vibrant PVP community. This is one of those things that they should have invested in pre-launch, along with group finder - and it would have saved them a lot of subs.

If they stick with PvP - OK, could do some good.

PvE cross realm queues - How about NO!

We don't need more ninja looters, dps queuing as tank/heal or simply douchebags hiding behind anonymity of cross servers.

Only way PvE cross queue may work is if they add account wide ignore function crossed also.

Edited by morfius

We don't need more ninja looters, dps queuing as tank/heal or simply douchebags hiding behind anonymity of cross servers.

Only way PvE cross queue may work is if they add account wide ignore function crossed also.

I think most people would agree that taking your chances with randoms from other servers for a highly reduced queue time is a more than ok trade off.

I think most people would agree that taking your chances with randoms from other servers for a highly reduced queue time is a more than ok trade off.

Do you believe that if there is not false role queuing times will shorten?

Shortness of tanks/healers in queue is almost same everywhere.

It is caused from bad community ... that would become worst if cross server is added without account wide ignore.

So time will become longer... and new complains will flood forums.

It was seen already in other games.

Cross Server queues are a good idea. Allows faster queue times and more people to adventure with.

Hopefully we shall see it soon. And BW can simply add an option to 'Not Queue Cross Realm' to the Group Finder for those people that want to stay isolated on their home server.

Then everyone is happy.

Cross Server queues are a good idea. Allows faster queue times and more people to adventure with.

Hopefully we shall see it soon. And BW can simply add an option to 'Not Queue Cross Realm' to the Group Finder for those people that want to stay isolated on their home server.

Then everyone is happy.

good idea ;)

Cross server queues will not help reduce the queue time for PvE, this has been seen in other MMO's which have the facility.

For a group to form you need to have 1 tank, 1 heal and 2 dps queuing.

As the ratio of tanks/healers to dps is vastly lower than 1/1/2 the bottleneck will always be caused by the tanks/heals (actually more by the tanks as there appears to be more heals than tanks also)

There is going to be roughly the same ratio of tanks/heals/dps on all individual servers.

Put all these servers together and the ratio does not change.

While combining servers increases the amount of available tanks and heals it also increases the amount of dps waiting by the same ratio.

There will still be the same X dps waiting on Y heals and Z tanks and so the waiting times will remain static.

Edited by Ashenti

Cross server queues will not help reduce the queue time for PvE, this has been seen in other MMO's which have the facility.

For a group to form you need to have 1 tank, 1 heal and 2 dps queuing.

As the ratio of tanks/healers to dps is vastly lower than 1/1/2 the bottleneck will always be caused by the tanks/heals (actually more by the tanks as there appears to be more heals than tanks also)

There is going to be roughly the same ratio of tanks/heals/dps on all individual servers.

Put all these servers together and the ratio does not change.

While combining servers increases the amount of available tanks and heals it also increases the amount of dps waiting by the same ratio.

There will still be the same X dps waiting on Y heals and Z tanks and so the waiting times will remain static.

Some of Y & Z will just stop PUGing when they had to deal with much large scale of not avoidable douchebags.

So waiting time for DPSs will increase in long run...

Then everyone is happy.

Are you a programmer? (not asking this in a rude manor either) It isn't as simple as just adding a check box that says don't queue cross realm and BAM it does that. If they are going to go cross realm it will be all or nothing. There won't be an option for that. It is a waste of time. If you don't want to cross realm then start asking for a group in chat. Also if there was something like that, your queue time will probably be even longer because it takes the next person in line and people from your server might not mind cross realming. I would be surprised if you even got in a group most of the time unless you play for hours at a time.

But for the topic at hand, I think it may benefit more having this due to the queue times. If people are waiting 4 hours or even 2, that is ridiculous. It sucks to see things resort to this but it is how it is now. You need to adjust to the times. The days of doing only things with your own server are dwindling down fast. But I rather have a 30 min queue vs a 2-4 hour queue.

Edited by Bojangle

When have u waited 3 hours? At 6am in the morning? Never have to wait more than 30 minutes (on a rp-server). With 4vs4 coming up u will queue up a lot faster.

That is a good point too, but I will say I have waited well over an hour until I left the queue but I have also only waited 30-45 mins too. This was awhile ago though. The queue times seemed to be all over the board though. From 15-20 mins to 2+ hours. I have experienced this throughout the day and night on Saturdays and mon-thurs from around 6pm-9pm.

Answer from Eric Musco from the Cantina Tour in Germany:

"It is not as simple as u think and we dont need it."

I'm sure this was taken out of context, but regardless, It would not surprise me that this development team thinks it is difficult.

Yet every other MMO that has come out does it with no problem. This tells me that either: A) The development team are a bunch of hacks ... Or B) (Probably the more reasonable one) That the HORRIBLE GAME ENGINE, prevents them from doing what needs to be done.

Either way. I'm not surprised that something is "too difficult" for them to handle for their customers.

I'm sure this was taken out of context, but regardless, It would not surprise me that this development team thinks it is difficult.

Yet every other MMO that has come out does it with no problem. This tells me that either: A) The development team are a bunch of hacks ... Or B) (Probably the more reasonable one) That the HORRIBLE GAME ENGINE, prevents them from doing what needs to be done.

Either way. I'm not surprised that something is "too difficult" for them to handle for their customers.

Yea I really wish this would stop being a valid concern heh

Eh, we already have all those things without cross-server.

But I'm ok with no cross-server flashpoints. It CAN help with queues, especially in the off-hours when there is literally no tank or healer queuing on your server, but it's definitely less of a boon to PVE than to PVP queues.

With Warzones, especially the ill-fated 8v8 ranked, having an extensive list of teams to play against is absolutely essential for it to work.