Post here if you find yourself spacebaring throug VO...

pixelbat

VO got boring fast. By level 20 I found myself spacebaring through anything except my class missions. Anyone else in the same boat? Idk, something about VO for every little insignificant mundane quest seems like overkill. I think it kind of kills how cool it is when it's used for everything :| Edited by pixelbat

VO got boring fast. By level 20 I found myself spacebaring through anything except my class mission line. Anyone else in the same boat? Idk, something about VO for every little insignificant mundane quest seems like overkill.

I spacebar when I realize that its going to be a single grab me this or that quest. But if it's a chain/story I watch.

I spacebar when I realize that its going to be a single grab me this or that quest. But if it's a chain/story I watch.

Uhhh, I'm level 28 on Tatooine, every quest thus far has been kill, collect, or delivery. This is 2004 quest tech here.

I do. The thing is I hate a lot of the character's voices. They simply don't go well with "Star Wars characters". The fat guy on the Esseles just has such a retarded voice, that you wouldn't expect, made the game feel really childish at that moment. It sounds like he has too much estrogen. And the Jedi Knight's master, has way too serious of a tone I think, like he just doesn't exactly look how he sounds so I think it's a voice mismatch. For reference I think that the actors for Luke and Kyle Katarn are way more fitting to the Star Wars theme in Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Knight 3.

Also the dialogue is incredibly uninteresting.

Edited by dajinn-

I do. The thing is I hate a lot of the character's voices. They simply don't go well with "Star Wars characters". The fat guy on the Esseles just has such a retarded voice, that you wouldn't expect, made the game feel really childish at that moment. And the Jedi Knight's master, has way too serious of a tone I think, like he just doesn't exactly look how he sounds so I think it's a voice mismatch. For reference I think that the actors for Luke and Kyle Katarn are way more fitting to the Star Wars theme in Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Knight 3.

Also the dialogue is incredibly uninteresting.

Totally agree, so many voices do not fit the character. Would have been nice too if they gave us the option to choose between like 3 preset voices for our character. If I'm gonna play a fatty, I want to sound like one.

I'm a very rushful leveler, and more into PvP than PvE. Therefore I've spaced over everything for my first character, but plan on taking a second character through while trying to listen to it all. I love that it's implemented, it's different, it's neat. Just not my thing right now.

I personally love VO... it is making the journey to 50 longer and that is a really good thing! Flying to end game is what i've done in the past and I now am really enjoying actually looking at the content. Also love the Social system for quests, actually playing a MMO WITH other people is great! I'm happy you get rewarded for doing so.

On top of that I walked about the 2nd Zone on Dark Side last night for about 20 mins just looking at the scenery.

Taking my time has really improved my gaming experience and I highly recommend it.