No more class balance till 2.5 or 2.6.... WTH

HoboWithAStick

Its funny though, when 2.5 and 2.6 comes out they will just buff snipers and marauders even more.

I can see it now.

Snipers

-Snipers have the entrench effect on them at all times.

-The active ability entrench has been removed and replaced with "Heal to full"

-New ability "Heal to full" Heals target to full, instant cast, no CD and off global cooldown and can be used without interupting cast.

Marauders

-Force Leap no longer has a cooldown and additionally has unlimited range.

-Smash has been improved, Smash now has a 30m range and hits all targets in all instances within 30m of player.

-Saber Ward, cloak of pain have been turned into passive abilities that are always active

-Undying rage has been improved, using undying rage now heals user to full and shouts an emote "Kill me? I kill you"

Too damn good BUT

You missed some for the sniper! :p

- insta head shot!

Kills any target instantly can be used from 700 meters LOS does not apply!!!

-Tactical nuke!

Kills all enemy players within 800 meters of the snipers position!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just trying to hold us playing this game.

This is the worst way of doing that tbh, but I agree. They just want PvP'ers sub money for the least effort they can put in. Sadly I think that, like in most MMO's, a lot of people are too weak minded to actually stop playing.

Edited by Luxidenstore

This is the worst way of doing that tbh, but I agree. They just want PvP'ers sub money for the least effort they can put in. Sadly I think that, like in most MMO's, a lot of people are too weak minded to actually stop playing.

This.

Its funny though, when 2.5 and 2.6 comes out they will just buff snipers and marauders even more.

I can see it now.

Snipers

-Snipers have the entrench effect on them at all times.

-The active ability entrench has been removed and replaced with "Heal to full"

-New ability "Heal to full" Heals target to full, instant cast, no CD and off global cooldown and can be used without interupting cast.

Marauders

-Force Leap no longer has a cooldown and additionally has unlimited range.

-Smash has been improved, Smash now has a 30m range and hits all targets in all instances within 30m of player.

-Saber Ward, cloak of pain have been turned into passive abilities that are always active

-Undying rage has been improved, using undying rage now heals user to full and shouts an emote "Kill me? I kill you"

You forgot a number of important issues here that I feel must be addressed.

Snipers:

Entrench: entrench being on them at all times will not prevent the 5% minimum hit chance of all abilities as seen with shroud, so this is perfectly acceptable balance-wise

Heal to full: In order to effectively balance the healing resource management of the new healing class with the heals of sorcs, using this ability will take 99 energy, so again this is perfectly balanced

Marauders:

Force leap: Will always fall 15m short of the intended target, so it is already self-balancing

Smash: Leaping before a smash gave the same effects as this change so you won't notice anyways

Cloak of pain/saber ward: if you think maras dont need this you clearly have a perception problem

Undying rage: similar to snipers new healing management, this move will require and consume 30 stacks of fury and 12 rage so that marauders are always out of rage and fury like sorcs are always out of force

So as you can see this is all perfectly reasonable

Edited by JP_Legatus

bwahaha :) That's some huge lack of respect towards the player base. I think if we respect ourselves we should just stop subbing and playing. It's a waste of time with their current attitude.

I'm pretty much just sitting here waiting for my fellow hexers to pick another game for a bunch of them to play, then I'm gone. They seem kinda stuck on this though, despite Bioware's abuse.

This is rly bad and makes you wonder were the hell is our money going to.

How can you start a potential great patch like 2.4 but not acting on imbalanced classes.

Those with balanced classes ( or slightly OP ) will have a huge head start on those whos haveing to wait for months till there class is balanced.

With this im seriously concidering if im willing to keep paying for this game the class i enjoy the most is broken in pvp and pve so not much left to this game :mad:

Srsly what did we expect? First it's on the pts already and second they don't give a damn about balance, we do what we have to, just heal to full you know. Can't wait until SIN questions get answered: just taunt all the time and wait until players drop below 30% hp because assassinate is sooooo OP.

And they still question me why I unsub sometimes for while to chill and don't get annoyed by this mentality.

Finally someone who got it that assassin only look like "OP" (vs terribads) but in competitive settings they stop being useful within 30 seconds after the fight starts. Only viable build since 2.0 is Kinetic... but not for tanking! Because kinetic tanks suffer the "sudden 2 shots death by random numbers generator" like in PvE. So they play Kinetic + DPS gear, which is acceptable for WZs as pure node guard (too low DPS to be useful, too little armor to be main PvP tank). Too bad arena has no nodes to guard...

And guess what? Vanguard Tanks have been suboptimal in pvp since launch, and have never had any place on a optimal comp (not even has a node guard). Vanguard tanks have also been the second best tank in PvE as well.

Notice I said suboptimal, not broken, or useless. This game has some of the best balance out there. Of course there will always be suboptimal classes, mmo games are to complex to ever achieve perfect balance. But even with current balance it is still more important to take the player, not the class. There are ranked teams with VG tanks, and deception sins, and there are progression raiding guilds that run a shadow tanks and vanguard dps.

I have never seen a bad maurader beat a good sage, or a bad operative outheal a good mando.

Sure a lot of the dev discisions leave me bewildered, but they have yet to break the game. (player is still greater than class) If anyone remembers Pistol's posts about his meeting with the devs, would remember that he felt that the devs definitely cared about the game.

This is coming from someone who has mained a tank vanguard since 1.2 (the never optimal pvp tank and the only pve tank without a mechanic cheasing dcd) and a assault mando before that.

People shouldn't be mad about the lack of balance changes. I mean who really cares about balance right now. The real issue is the gameplay.

I would trade any class balance changes for making the gameplay more fluent.

Fix the global cooldown/animation bugs. I mean this is a joke and makes the game a joke. Abilities don't reliably work when you hit the key. Every thread should be about this, not the lack of class balance issues.

Fix targeting. How can we still not have clickable nameplates? How do they not have class colored nameplates? How did they not add arena 1-4 to the game when they added arena? How do they not have arena 1-4 focus support or even better macro support for targeting?

Targeting in the game is horrible. Beyond horrible.

Fix the camera. Another problem which has never been fixed and I guess people don't complain about it anymore, just because they've accepted the horrible camera. Why do we have to constantly be zooming back out? Why does the camera just go crazy when you rotate it while using abilities like covered escape? Why do you lose all nameplates and can't see anything going one when you're up against a wall?

These are the 3 main problems that make this game's pvp laughable. There are so many more little stupid things that could be fixed and cleaned up. I'm sure every class/map has mutiple bugs. There are so many bugs that you'll run across playing this game that you pretty much just accept it. You can't have good pvp without fluent gameplay.

I love how this seems to be total fine with the devs keeping balance as is and not doing anything about it before this PVP patch. Honestly they should just hold the patch off until they do some work on the classes/trees that need it. I guess if they did that though 2.4 might not ever come out :p

Class balance should come before arena's via the data and feedback gathered from the PTS but that would make sense so we know that wont happen... SO whats gonna happen???

Well seeing as how they'll balance after the launch of arena's people will queue for arena's for around 2 weeks those of us who don't wanna play one of the God classes. IE (jug, op heal, mara, sniper) we will be out and on the rocks and many people will see how badly their class is out preformed in arena's by the devs favorite classes and that's all she wrote.

By the time classes are balanced around arena's the arena scene will be as dead as the 8v8 ranked scene was on many of the servers before the paid character transfers came out.

Real smart move biofail.

Keep playing favorites with classes :rolleyes: cant wait to see how you buff jugs, snipers, maras and op heals in 2.5 or 2.6 while the rest of us sit around with our perception problem.

Edited by mfourcustom

#buffsnipersforlifeyoloyoloyolo

Guys serioulsy the lack of PvP balance is actually good for the game because the next balance patch round will prolly contain things like this:

- Giving Snipers a potent damage cooldown (improved lase target)

- Buffing Smash single targets damage, because they are clearly lagging behind

- Buff Vengeance to Smash level

- Buff Carnage to Smash level

- Buff Annihilation to Smash level

- Tweak Healing Operative so they can have better resource management

- Nerf AP PT because Dongcleave beat double Smash

- Nerf Light sorc because they are killing warriors and the class is very strong because of heal to full / make them pay metagame

- Nerf Force Barrier because sorcs are getting "unfair advantage" in the acid tiebreaker at arena

So yeah pretty much thank god for no more class balance!

After reading the devs stance on Sentinels/Slingers awnsers vs. Sorc/Vanguards awnsers the better thing we can hope is that the dev team should stay away from making changes to the game until the current combat team a) retires, b) moves to another game or c) are lost in an unfortunate accident.

Edited by Laforet