Twi'leks got the shaft...

HomeSlixe

So Jedi Twi'leks don't get to wear hoods on their robes, granted I'm sure many of us are all well aware of this, but what's irritating me is that so many other pieces which aren't robes. For example 'aspiring knights vest' HAS a hood it is just down and over the back. With robes they just strait up deleted them out not even going as far as to have it like the so many other bits of clothing. Might seem not worth complaining over to some, and you might ask me why I'm complaining, well hears why: The character creation screen has them in robes with a hood so I looking forward to it seeing as how cool it looked on my character. I couldn't wait to get my robes! Also the hood is an intrinsic part of the Jedi's robes. It's a statement that says, hey I'm a Jedi. I don't really think it's too much to ask and I mean its NOT an impossible thing to do seeing as though I've seen many other examples of hoods with Twi'leks not necessarily on the head BUT AT LEAST THERE! Edited by HomeSlixe

I rerolled when I learned this. Totally bad form on Bioware's part.

I'll raise Seuria from the dead if/when they give me an appearance tab and I can dress her up a bit like Aalya. The Tython chest looked good on her.

Aayla doesnt wear a hood... and I cant remember any twi'leks using one...

Edited by crazyhorsek

Aayla doesnt wear a hood... and I cant remember any twi'leks using one...

The chest from Tython doesn't really have a hood. It does, I mean, but it's down by default on all characters.

My point being that I'd rather have an appearance tab where I could wear something like that if they're not going to fix hoods for twi'leks.

At this time in galactic history Twi'lek dress code is severly regulated by their respective goverments. Wearing anything other than skimpy dancing cloths requires a mountain of paperwork and anything covering their heads larger than a headband is STRICTLY forbidden.

It will take 3000 years of lobbying in the Republic senate and the fall of the Sith empire for the Twi'leks to finally be able to wear a hood.

Edited by Seerees

During beta twi'lek lekku used to pop out of the back of helms and hoods ridiculously. People *****ed about it so much that they just eliminated them. Back then just about EVERY Jedi outfit had a hood up attached. People complained about that, too.

you can still wear helmets as a twi'lek and have them show, they don't all look good but some do imo. but you can toggle helmets off/on, hoods on the other hand for jedi robes don't have a toggle option and for twi'leks are disabled which kind of sucks, they definitely need to add the option to toggle hoods up or down.

personally i'd rather have hoods always disable then enabled however but it still sucks that they don't have the option which is why in a way im glad i stuck with my twilek yet other times i wish i could have my hood on.

So Jedi Twi'leks don't get to wear hoods on their robes, granted I'm sure many of us are all well aware of this, but what's irritating me is that so many other pieces which aren't robes. For example 'aspiring knights vest' HAS a hood it is just down and over the back. With robes they just strait up deleted them out not even going as far as to have it like the so many other bits of clothing. Might seem not worth complaining over to some, and you might ask me why I'm complaining, well hears why: The character creation screen has them in robes with a hood so I looking forward to it seeing as how cool it looked on my character. I couldn't wait to get my robes! Also the hood is an intrinsic part of the Jedi's robes. It's a statement that says, hey I'm a Jedi. I don't really think it's too much to ask and I mean its NOT an impossible thing to do seeing as though I've seen many other examples of hoods with Twi'leks not necessarily on the head BUT AT LEAST THERE!

I played a Jedi Twi'lek in beta and believe me, the Lekku clipping through the hoods were the height of Lame. No it's a really good thing they removed hoods from the Chest pieces (robes). Also, I believe it helps them overcome issues with models that have a taller and more massive head than a human like being.

Was about to roll a beautiful Twi'Lek when I realized helms would be invisible stats. Lame. :-(

Next race.

Not all helms are on top of the head. There are many head pieces that are facemasks and neck pieces. So while wearing a normal helm wouldn't work, there ARE head armor bits that can be worn on a Twi'lek

This is why we don't see many non-human alien races. In SWG we had Wookiees and Ithorians and Mon Cals. It was a nightmare getting proper species specific gear for them.

Having mainly human looking species fixes this problem... and is why out of my eight characters, none of them are Twi'lek.

I played a Jedi Twi'lek in beta and believe me, the Lekku clipping through the hoods were the height of Lame. No it's a really good thing they removed hoods from the Chest pieces (robes). Also, I believe it helps them overcome issues with models that have a taller and more massive head than a human like being.

It's a bit more work but they could always reposition the Lekku so that they fall over the chest instead of down the back whenever the hood is up. If there are still clipping issues they could apply texture maps only to the exposed portions of the Lekku as they emerge from the hood.

Not all helms are on top of the head. There are many head pieces that are facemasks and neck pieces. So while wearing a normal helm wouldn't work, there ARE head armor bits that can be worn on a Twi'lek

How about full blown helms? I'm looking to roll a Twi'lek Jedi Sage, and in the progression video there are huge headdresses that are full helms, covering everything from the shoulders up. Would a Twi'lek be able to wear them (of course their lekku would be hidden).

Twileks are certainly getting the shaft, but I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Heh Heh Heh. I've tallied up two so far I've hooked up with. I love Bioware.

There were a lot of twilek related complaints in beta. Female Twileks specifically got hosed. 30 and 40+ Hairstyle options for human type characters but 20ish Lekku/makeup options. The options for the lekku are awful. You have two types of choices naked lekku with makeup. Or the exact same makeup with a couple lekku patterns. You cannot even pick and choose... you cannot say "Spotted Lekku and the blue makeup." Each cosmetic option is paired with a specific Lekku. This all breaks down to about 4 different Lekku choices and 12 or so makeup choices.. Very very few skin tones as well.. no brown, no orange, no purple, no white, only one green, two off color blues... Its terrible.

Whoever did the Twilek armor art needs to be fired.. it is so incredibly lazy. Hoods are just sloppily cut off. Some chest pieces make female headbands disappear, some don't. Most chest pieces that don't make female headbands disappear show your headband AND your headpiece at the same time. Twilek Lekku still flutter and twitch and spasm horrendously. Unlike the myriad of humans running around on planets you see identical Twileks everywhere. The first Twilek town on Tython consists mostly of 100% identical Twileks.. their skin color, lekku patterns AND faces. The cantinas employ a score of identical twilek dancers... Same skin, same lekku, same exact costume, same face. Its ridiculous.. Where is the life of the game? We need variety for the world to feel alive.

Its just outright terrible how poor of a job they did with Twileks. The humans and rainbow humans are beautiful... the Twileks... yea.

Why do people want an Appearance tab? We already have Orange gear whose stats are solely based on the mods in them.

Want a bunch of different appearances? Collect a bunch of Orange gear. All Social gear have no mods and are Orange just for this purpose.

you can still wear helmets as a twi'lek and have them show, they don't all look good but some do imo. but you can toggle helmets off/on, hoods on the other hand for jedi robes don't have a toggle option and for twi'leks are disabled which kind of sucks, they definitely need to add the option to toggle hoods up or down.

personally i'd rather have hoods always disable then enabled however but it still sucks that they don't have the option which is why in a way im glad i stuck with my twilek yet other times i wish i could have my hood on.

I don't even care if there is a hood on the head at all, I just want one attached to the robes instead of lazily being cut out. I haven't heard one word about fixing this from the devs. Bioware talks big about art and design but is failing by ruining the texture.