Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Chair Emote Put It In The Legacy Vendor

Exeiro

I think this one is going to be the final straw for me.

Charging extra for an emote that has been begged for by your players for nearly 2 years?

EA/Bioware, you have absolutely no concept at all of consumer relations. You seem intent on alienating the entire MMO-playing community with your absolutely brainless decisions.

You have now sunk to such a pathetically new low with this ridiculous cash-grab that it makes my skin crawl to even think of ever providing you with another cent of my money.

Yes, I know a sitting emote is a terribly minor thing which is what makes the decision to sell this even more ridiculous. At every chance you get to show even a smidgen of goodwill to your customers you instead always choose to screw us.

Clearly.. they are out to get you. But you will show them.. won't you!? :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there wasn't going to be probably 1000 chair emotes up on the GTN in a day or two, I'd be mad too, but I guarantee you that with the commonality of this item and the amount of people who are buying this pack shipment for the Varactyl, it's going to be an item like "boohoo" that people can't get rid of fast enough.

That's just feeding the beast.

This game had potential but now it's just a cash shop wrapped around the same mediocre game that tanked in the first place.

Feeding what beast? The common pieces in packs are the bane of sellers because they are not worth much.

This game had potential but now it's just a cash shop wrapped around the same mediocre game that tanked in the first place.

At some point you'll finally be ready to move on to greener pastures. Or you'll keep playing and continue to complain about it. Either way, I won't be surprised.

.......no one whants emotes to get into cartel packs........

If I am sure of anything it is that you do not speak for everyone.

That said, I am not against the idea that emotes should and could be offered in other ways and some folks may prefer it that way, while at the same time I am fine with them being in packs as long as they can be purchased on the GTN.

Which, to my knowledge they can.

This is not the same mediocre game that tanked in the first place. I find the notion, every time you make it, pretty silly and predatory.

You could say the game has improved little if any since launch...I think that could be construed as a sensible valid viewpoint though I may not agree with it.

But saying it's the same is ignoring the MONUMENTAL changes that have taken place IMO. Changes that move the game to what once was a pretty mediocre game in some ways IMO but now at least has some greater appeal and playability.

They do have a long way to go IMO.....but they have come a long way.

Understand, I'm not taking issue with your distaste for the title, or even the idea that it has not changed to your satisfaction...only saying that it hasn't changed. It is not a realistic nor valid viewpoint IMO.

Says who? Was there a poll? A form to fill in? I sure as hell never got asked. I was perfectly happy paying subscriptions for MMOs and getting stuff free in updates, with maybe the odd paid for expansion.

But no, now it's 'ok' for MMO devs and publishers to all be greedy, cash-grabbing ****s who charge for the most asinine little things. I don't know what needs to happen for that to change, but dear god I wish it would happen.

People voted with their wallets en masse last year when the subscription numbers absolutely plummeted. You voted too by continuing to pay a subscription, you were just outvoted by the rest of the people who refused to support the subscription model.

You may hate F2P (hell I'm not the biggest fan of it either), but there's a reason they went to it - because it's what makes them money. Bioware/EA did what they had to do to keep their investment from tanking, since you know, they're a business and not a charity. It's unfortunate, but that's reality of the situation and it will stay that way long as that's what the majority of players will pay for.

Edited by Prisoner

This is not the same mediocre game that tanked in the first place. I find the notion, every time you make it, pretty silly and predatory.

You could say the game has improved little if any since launch...I think that could be construed as a sensible valid viewpoint though I may not agree with it.

But saying it's the same is ignoring the MONUMENTAL changes that have taken place IMO. Changes that move the game to what once was a pretty mediocre game in some ways IMO but now at least has some greater appeal and playability.

They do have a long way to go IMO.....but they have come a long way.

Understand, I'm not taking issue with your distaste for the title, or even the idea that it has not changed to your satisfaction...only saying that it hasn't changed. It is not a realistic nor valid viewpoint IMO.

The bells and whistles have changed, yes. They've made many good additions to these aspects, which were lacking at launch.

THE GAME itself though has not changed. The core of the game, which IMO is the PvE levelling game, as everyone has to play this no matter what their main interest is, is identical to launch day. Playing a class from 1-50 today is exactly the same as it was 2 years ago. Same quests, same planets, same everything.

Feeding what beast? The common pieces in packs are the bane of sellers because they are not worth much.

At some point you'll finally be ready to move on to greener pastures. Or you'll keep playing and continue to complain about it. Either way, I won't be surprised.

The beast is the CM and participating in it just makes it stronger.

You want to know the best part of hanging around? It's watching people slowly morph from ultra-positive boosters into haters, as most inevitably do.

The beast is the CM and participating in it just makes it stronger.

You want to know the best part of hanging around? It's watching people slowly morph from ultra-positive boosters into haters, as most inevitably do.

You see what you want to see. Like people that swear every time they look at the clock it's 11:11. Or why Grandma is completely convinced that the world is becoming increasingly violent because of the increased speed and accessibility of reported news when the actual fact is that the violence has continued to drop overall.

And honestly, why care? Why the need for constant validation over an opinion? It's like sticking with a bad relationship just to hear the guys your girlfriend is cheating with complain about what dirty ****** she is.

You see what you want to see. Like people that swear every time they look at the clock it's 11:11. Or why Grandma is completely convinced that the world is becoming increasingly violent because of the increased speed and accessibility of reported news when the actual fact is that the violence has continued to drop overall.

And honestly, why care? Why the need for constant validation over an opinion? It's like sticking with a bad relationship just to hear the guys your girlfriend is cheating with complain about what dirty ****** she is.

Oh, I don't care at all if everyone or no one agrees with my opinions. I don't care about, or think less of anyone who has a completely opposite opinion... well except for the White Knight Champion, but they are corporate bot and not actually a human anyway.

This is a forum provided as a part of a subscription to voice our opinions. I'm just exercising that privilege while killing time at work.

Just got both off the GTN for less than 9k credits, but BioWare, go ahead and put them on the Legacy vendor for 100k ea so the rubes can be happy.

Problem is it will be cheap for now, but once people dont buy the pack anymore, the cost of it will go higher and higher.... and then they will remove the pack like the shipment 1 pack, no ?

Edited by Exeiro
I made a mistake in the text

Up to 40k to 50k on my server and its only been a few days lol. Face fan boys putting emotes in cartel packs was the stupidest decision bioware ever came up with. Whats even more stupid about it is if they gave all these emotes to players for free while they were subbed they would have a whole lot more subs. So sad.

Up to 40k to 50k on my server and its only been a few days lol.

Exactly, people always try to sell things for more initially, but as time goes on they get cheaper and cheaper. I remember when Boohoo was put up for 50k, now people can't get rid of them for any more than 5k. I've already seen the chairs for cheaper, but people who want them will buy up the cheap ones fast while they're new, you just have to keep an eye out for them.

Face fan boys putting emotes in cartel packs was the stupidest decision bioware ever came up with. Whats even more stupid about it is if they gave all these emotes to players for free while they were subbed they would have a whole lot more subs. So sad.

People aren't going to sub over emotes, man. I have spent less credits on emotes than I have one night of progression repairs. <.<

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.