First Impression of Arena

Stavroz

Very fun.

Pops are quick matches are quick and Never faced the same team twice.

Also it looks like by default ppl are gravitating to forming fleet pugs and ignoring the solo que which is good for team population and then allows the match making system to work.

Yes its a bit buggy with DCs etc.

What i would like to see is a proper Leaders board.

Without any real changes to balance though, i dont see many teams with anything but a scoundrel healer, tanks and dps seem somewhat interchangeable, but my overall feeling, is we just exchanged 8-man ranked, for 4-man ranked, as in more of the same story with the same classes, doing the same abilities.

Def like the changes though.

Edited by Haystak

Without any real changes to balance though, i dont see many teams with anything but a scoundrel healer, tanks and dps seem somewhat interchangeable, but my overall feeling, is we just exchanged 8-man ranked, for 4-man ranked, as in more of the same story with the same classes, doing the same abilities.

Def like the changes though.

Untrue. We grouped with a pyro merc and pryo PT last night and were doing quite well in the ~2500 bracket.

Untrue. We grouped with a pyro merc and pryo PT last night and were doing quite well in the ~2500 bracket.

Are you agreeing with me, or disagreeing with me....Im just confused. I said Operative healers are a must, tanks and dps are somewhat interchangeable, you say you can play with an operative healer, a tank and 2 not very effective dps, while at the same time prefacing that you disagree.

Edited by Haystak

Are you agreeing with me, or disagreeing with me....Im just confused. I said Operative healers are a must, tanks and dps are somewhat interchangeable, you say you can play with an operative healer, a tank and 2 not very effective dps, while at the same time prefacing that you disagree.

I agree. mercs/mandos have all the tools to excel in arenas, but the ammo management is atrocious. it's too demanding to solo heal in a pay>pay>free roto. and our superior dps amongst healers is completely out the window due to resource management.

not sure how it's working out for sages/sorcs, but from the matches I watched, it's just as I suspected. once you push the sorc healer into barrier, you have the other team dead to rights. you either take that time to wreck one of their dps/tank or you wreck the low hp sorc after barrier.