Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If Ship is our House? how about the hangar bay

Bethmora

So, you see threads about housing and people say, well your ship is your house. Im fine with that but id like my hangar bay also. Id like to display all my mounts, pets and whatever else that could be dropped inside there. give us some stuff to place like a garage or a area for all the companions to hang out. Id love to see this done, i dont see why not, it is our personal area.

I admit, I'd really like to be able to put up a picture or two in my ships. Set aside a few places for statues or a shelf that can display items and then and in some questing and CCS stuff for people to use to fill them. I'm a little surprised BW hasn't tired this yet.

Hangar bay is just a parking spot. You can't own a parking spot unless you're important, like me.

So unless you can become a Grand Moff in the next twenty minutes, looks like you'll be parking in Level C like the rest of the dregs.

*parks ship in reserved spot and turns on the alarm*

Woop woop, Sith.

I'd love to have some sort of customization going on, but its not something that is likely to happen anytime soon. They were mentioning during beta and alpha that they had plans for us to customize the inside of our ships, guess they ment the little legacy unlocks like GTN Node/Mail Node/Training Dummies/Repair Droid...where my ship is so different from every other person of the same class! What I'd really love is an augmentation station, that way only time I have to go on fleet is to turn in the dungeon/pvp dailies and buy gear from the vendors.

Hangar bay is just a parking spot. You can't own a parking spot unless you're important, like me.

So unless you can become a Grand Moff in the next twenty minutes, looks like you'll be parking in Level C like the rest of the dregs.

*parks ship in reserved spot and turns on the alarm*

Woop woop, Sith.

What about a Dark Council member? There's only, like...tenish or so (according to the number of seats I saw in the cutscene). Surely someone that important gets a reserved parking stall.

Yeah, I like this idea. They could make it so every time we completed an Act (yes, evening counting Makeb) we got a trophy in the room. Also, they could finally give us something relevant regarding whether we decided to keep Zash or Khem.

Zash has some pretty funny dialogue on Makeb

The thing is, the ships are preset locations, not really items, and you share it with other people (simply in different phases). The mechanics and coding would be custom and probably difficult.

Yeah, I suspect it's something like that. I'm not that up on programming but I can see how too much customization might be tricky.

What about a Dark Council member? There's only, like...tenish or so (according to the number of seats I saw in the cutscene). Surely someone that important gets a reserved parking stall.

Yeah, one. They carpool.

Word to the wise for any Sith hoping to make the Council: Darth Marr has a breakfast burrito every Tuesday. I'd advise taking public transport on Tuesdays.

I'd be happy if I could simply pick my ship. I dislike the trooper ship myself and would never use it and I'm just flat out tired of my jedi's ship. The ability for my trooper to have a BH ship for instance or my jedi to have an agent's ship.

I am no programmer but I would imagine that would be easier than giving the ability to decorate as has been suggested. All the same cut scenes and conversations essentially, just in a different setting. You can have just about any conversation in a cantina, why not another ship?

I think ship customization would do this game a lot of justice, and it really doesn't have to be that much. If they developed a system where we could manipulate colors of the interior, and being able to sit down and play some pazzak with an NPC (companions) and put up a view trophys, I would really dig.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.