PTS Tonight

xIphonex

How many of you guys will be there for this?

I will, probably at 9pm est.

WHY DID I NOT SEE A SMASH NERF /sadpanda

Or an operative nerf...oh, wait...

P.S I facepalmed everytime I saw "reduced damage" on the Vanguard/Powertech changes.

Edited by JeffSantos

WHY DID I NOT SEE A SMASH NERF /sadpanda

Arenas rock but its hard to take em seriously without some smash and operative medic nerf.

Smash is like s5 DK.

YOLOYOLOYOLOYOLO

OVEREXTEND? WHO? ME? IM SMASH!!! RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR

BOOOOOM SMASH

SKILL!!!

Other than that i see a lot of viable / fun comps. Good stuff.

Edited by Laforet

Arenas rock but its hard to take em seriously without some smash and operative medic nerf.

Smash is like s5 DK.

YOLOYOLOYOLOYOLO

OVEREXTEND? WHO? ME? IM SMASH!!! RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR RAWR

BOOOOOM SMASH

SKILL!!!

Other than that i see a lot of viable / fun comps. Good stuff.

I actually think Lightning Sorc is very strong too. PTs are also more than viable now. Operative Medics need a solid nerf. It's interesting. This is way more fun than 8v8 ever was. So much fun.

I actually think Lightning Sorc is very strong too. PTs are also more than viable now. Operative Medics need a solid nerf. It's interesting. This is way more fun than 8v8 ever was. So much fun.

lightning sorc is strong on an enemy that doesnt attack it. it gets shut down easy as hell. ap pts are viable. other than that i agree theyre fun as hell

While lightning sure do packs a lot of punch with adequade control options, it still cant overextend like YOLOLIFE and get away with it. You can also train light and (at least try) to shut him down. A good lightning isnt that easy to shutdown, but if youre a good player you have a clear shot at him if he wants to use his KB offensevely, for instance. Trading def for offense and receiving a counter coup.

Other than taunts and stuns (which are precious to setup offensive plays) you cant shutdown a smasher. Both marauders and guardian smashers are THE ONLY class who can overextend like **** and then just YOLO out of it.

Force camo on amazingly low cds

Rebuke = solid option almost always up

YOLOINTERCEDE WANNA TRAIN ME BYE SUCKAS I SMASH YOU GTG NOW ROFL

Saber deflect, etc, etc.

Its just too much IMO.

I think all the classes in the game (even the strong ones like lightning) tend to have some trade game for choices / benefits, but smash is just the ultimate straightfowarndness "i dont care" playstile.

I dont like it.

Double smash / OP heals / tank isnt unbeatable, but if you have to play flawlessly to survive against this crap and because smash is almost unviable to train and can casually 3 shot people every 11 seconds or so, Its cleary FOTM.

Maybe some excellently played ranged heavy comp (light + electronet) could beat this but i dont see any melee comp (stealth or not) having a fair shot at double smash cleaves.

Well wait and see tho. Having lots of fun.

Yeah, having a mara myself - I agree. It's way too much packed with an MS (and OP healer backing him?)

While lightning sure do packs a lot of punch with adequade control options, it still cant overextend like YOLOLIFE and get away with it. You can also train light and (at least try) to shut him down. A good lightning isnt that easy to shutdown, but if youre a good player you have a clear shot at him if he wants to use his KB offensevely, for instance. Trading def for offense and receiving a counter coup.

Other than taunts and stuns (which are precious to setup offensive plays) you cant shutdown a smasher. Both marauders and guardian smashers are THE ONLY class who can overextend like **** and then just YOLO out of it.

Force camo on amazingly low cds

Rebuke = solid option almost always up

YOLOINTERCEDE WANNA TRAIN ME BYE SUCKAS I SMASH YOU GTG NOW ROFL

Saber deflect, etc, etc.

Its just too much IMO.

I think all the classes in the game (even the strong ones like lightning) tend to have some trade game for choices / benefits, but smash is just the ultimate straightfowarndness "i dont care" playstile.

I dont like it.

Double smash / OP heals / tank isnt unbeatable, but if you have to play flawlessly to survive against this crap and because smash is almost unviable to train and can casually 3 shot people every 11 seconds or so, Its cleary FOTM.

Maybe some excellently played ranged heavy comp (light + electronet) could beat this but i dont see any melee comp (stealth or not) having a fair shot at double smash cleaves.

Well wait and see tho. Having lots of fun.

didnt lose once to double mara. we were running sent commando or sent/shadow. never lost to double smash. its very easy to cc the double mara, and train healer.

Ops are going to need some sort of nerf because the combat was based perfectly for.them. Hey I'm an op I have recuperative nanotech that heals the exact number an arena team fields plus I have hots and ridiculous ammo management. The other thing is the arena is an all out melee war. The maps were designed too poorly for anything ranged to work. Sorcs are the only ranged class I can see working but it needs to be played right. Tunneling a lightning sorc is easy since they immediately shutdown. Madness is good in 4s for sole survival purposes but the op healer can literally heal through all the dot damage. Hope the devs realized how crappy and one side the jugg, double marauder, and operative healer will be. It's really a GG comp. Not saying its unbeatable just too much utility to fight against.

didnt lose once to double mara. we were running sent commando or sent/shadow. never lost to double smash. its very easy to cc the double mara, and train healer.

That doesnt work against decent players.

If they have a good tank and you spend your whole cc setup on the maras i really doubt its as simple as "train the healer". Unless you run smash yourself, which seems to be the case.

Smash / deception is also a huge comp too. But you need a good sin because he cant just tunnel damage out of stealth since their sustained isnt comparable to lolsmash.

We were running a lot of comps with pugs for a long time. But when we started running double tactics smash (nectebo, aiorii and a random pug smasher from bastion) we started to bang in those double smash cleave comps, but even tho it was extremely hard, in the sense you have to play perfectly and they can lol around half the match and still have a clear shot at victory.

I still think we cant win against gingerz / achilles / double smash tho, although we played them only once and it was a fair game, but we will keep trying to take on the smash powa.

Edited by Laforet

I know I played against a few single player smash teams, we still stayed grouped up and eventually won.

I think we also fought against a double Mara smash and won that too, though the team might have been wearing pve gear.

I don't think I'd recommend a double smash dps team though, but it's one of those 'wait and see' things.

I was on the PTS 3 separate times yesterday. Its buggy as hell. I tried some solo queues and some 4 man queues but I couldn't get 4 of my guildies on it yesterday. Best we managed at the end of the night was 3 of us and pugged the last.

The arena's seem like they could be a lot of fun, but the PTS is a BUG FEST right now. I was in a few matches where I''d constantly drop right away. Or the other team would drop, and then it would make us drop. Then I did a few 3 of us vs 4...i guess because the last guy never took the queue? I dont know.

I think i did like 15 matches total, and had like 4 normal fights...sadly.

I was on the PTS 3 separate times yesterday. Its buggy as hell. I tried some solo queues and some 4 man queues but I couldn't get 4 of my guildies on it yesterday. Best we managed at the end of the night was 3 of us and pugged the last.

The arena's seem like they could be a lot of fun, but the PTS is a BUG FEST right now. I was in a few matches where I''d constantly drop right away. Or the other team would drop, and then it would make us drop. Then I did a few 3 of us vs 4...i guess because the last guy never took the queue? I dont know.

I think i did like 15 matches total, and had like 4 normal fights...sadly.

take the queue in the last 20 seconds or you will probably get kicked from the match.

That doesnt work against decent players.

If they have a good tank and you spend your whole cc setup on the maras i really doubt its as simple as "train the healer". Unless you run smash yourself, which seems to be the case.

Smash / deception is also a huge comp too. But you need a good sin because he cant just tunnel damage out of stealth since their sustained isnt comparable to lolsmash.

We were running a lot of comps with pugs for a long time. But when we started running double tactics smash (nectebo, aiorii and a random pug smasher from bastion) we started to bang in those double smash cleave comps, but even tho it was extremely hard, in the sense you have to play perfectly and they can lol around half the match and still have a clear shot at victory.

I still think we cant win against gingerz / achilles / double smash tho, although we played them only once and it was a fair game, but we will keep trying to take on the smash powa.

I'd be curious to try smash / decp sin. Been running with Pyro and I as DPS and we've gone like 20-1. Didn't lose against double smash either but did play it on my mara and had alot of fun with it. I'm also curious about Double Carnage (Anyone tried this out yet?) In theory it could be seemingly strong, but lack of on demand burst makes me iffy about it. Also seems the worries about sin's sustained damage output is true:(

I'd be curious to try smash / decp sin. Been running with Pyro and I as DPS and we've gone like 20-1. Didn't lose against double smash either but did play it on my mara and had alot of fun with it. I'm also curious about Double Carnage (Anyone tried this out yet?) In theory it could be seemingly strong, but lack of on demand burst makes me iffy about it. Also seems the worries about sin's sustained damage output is true:(

Dub carnage was stronger than dub smash, but still a bit weaker than other comps. Double mara just isn't good combo tbh.

I feel deception just puts much of the match on the opener and trying to snowball from it. Its bad when you get mezzed when you got DAT FORCE REGEN for mauls then you prolly have to open with cloak against good players then you have already burned something that could be used defensevely.

Double carnage could be a crazy counter to a very good lightning sorc trying to control the match (dem roots and whose dont have fadeout to clear them) but i didnt saw any carnage maras doing something of notice until now.

Its going to be hard for people to even learn carnage while smash is in the current state.