Finally with 2.4: Respecc no longer allowed in WZs!

Cretinus

" In addition to these Ranked changes players will no longer be able to respec while in the PvP Queue or while in a Warzone, Giradda didn’t find that fun anyway."

Not 100% clear if it really applies to the whole PvP content (ranked arenas + non ranked arenas + WZs). But if it does, then this is a great and long due move by BW!

yeah its really great for some but it messes alot of people up also,

on red eclipse home of the greatest empire players (joke), majority of the time we have a max 1 healer for pug warzones, and thats on a good day and republic teams have anything from 2-4 healers. right now a pug can respec to healer and helps to even things up, with this change we truely ****ed with no healers and they are so rare at times on our server.

only change i supported was at staging area at start of a match allow respec, but once match starts no further changes were aloud, but to remove them completely is another stupid idea, also what use do i now have for my field respec when i only do pvp? i have fiueld respec on every char since most my classes are either a dps or healer types. i would love a refund for my field respec since its completely useless now ofr me personally.

While I think this is a good thing, I really hope they tweak it so you can respec before the warzone starts. Carnage is great and all, but I don't want to have to play it all the time just so I won't be gimped in Huttball.

You think Carnage is gimped in huttball? Look at dps scoundrel/operative and dps shadow/assassin lol. Those dps ACs have ZERO utility unless you put lolroll in the utility tools of the scoundrel/operative.

Removing field respect from Ranked WZ is a good thing,a very good thing. But since 8v8 ranked are going to be removed, its not the best thing to do

Ya know...When I last played I was like "awesome people can respec to healer now that we don't have one"

But the amount of people who actually did that was so rare it just made me more angry, because I knew they had the option they just chose not to.

I'd like to see the respec option available up until the start of the game. Not simply disable it once in a queue for PvP. Most people realize it was abused but from my understanding it was mostly abused in VS or after nodes were secured, for example. The VS map is the only one with "rounds" to it as well, making it easier to perform a respec. Why not disable it after the start of the WZ? Why disable it simply because you are in a Queue ?

I'm all for the disabling of it after the start of a game but do not think it should be disabled before that time.

Edited by Master_Nate

" In addition to these Ranked changes players will no longer be able to respec while in the PvP Queue or while in a Warzone, Giradda didn’t find that fun anyway."

Not 100% clear if it really applies to the whole PvP content (ranked arenas + non ranked arenas + WZs). But if it does, then this is a great and long due move by BW!

Cin it is all warzone if you try to sit in que with no point spent you will have no points in any tree when you enter. So you will not be able to send one person in group to see what the warezone is. You will have to pick a spec and play just that at the start to finish of all warezone matches

yeah its really great for some but it messes alot of people up also,

on red eclipse home of the greatest empire players (joke), majority of the time we have a max 1 healer for pug warzones, and thats on a good day and republic teams have anything from 2-4 healers. right now a pug can respec to healer and helps to even things up, with this change we truely ****ed with no healers and they are so rare at times on our server.

only change i supported was at staging area at start of a match allow respec, but once match starts no further changes were aloud, but to remove them completely is another stupid idea, also what use do i now have for my field respec when i only do pvp? i have fiueld respec on every char since most my classes are either a dps or healer types. i would love a refund for my field respec since its completely useless now ofr me personally.

It messes up the fact people used it to turtle cap warezone with dps going heals and switching tank and heals for hutball. You should never be aloud to respec to get an advantage on a team.

You think Carnage is gimped in huttball? Look at dps scoundrel/operative and dps shadow/assassin lol. Those dps ACs have ZERO utility unless you put lolroll in the utility tools of the scoundrel/operative.

Carnage/Combat is often the last line of defense against an enemy ball carrier on full resolve already... as well as it does wonders carving out the heals/peels from the "ball carrying group", holding them in place while the ball carrier and his entourage unknowingly pushes ahead, thus, causing the healers to lag behind and/or drop out of guard range, or denying the DPS the chance to peel our attackers from the ball carrier.

Scrapper/Concealment is often the best choice for removing enemy players in key locations, such as top of the ramps, by either killing them outright or dealing considerable damage before you're pushed off from the ramp - as a result forcing them to move away to safety and come back later. They also excell in taking out peelers and healers.

Shadows/Assasins as a whole also take up the same role as scoundrel/ops above, as well as in addition hold the natural talent of being the "behind enemy lines" player, easily accessing spots that would allow potential goals.

It just comes down to how well you can make lemonade, if you're the one given the lemons in a particular environment that may be disadvantageous to you. I've seen plenty of the above class/builds play well enough to be considered a potentially serious threat to the team.

While I think this is a good thing, I really hope they tweak it so you can respec before the warzone starts. Carnage is great and all, but I don't want to have to play it all the time just so I won't be gimped in Huttball.

You enter the que and will not be able to spend a point in any tree while being in que so you. You will not be able to load in and respec so you will have to be speced in que or have no spec whats so ever. Try playing with no spec see how it works. So no getting a spec advantage any more you will have to pick a spec and play it over switching

So you will be sepc carnage just so your not gimp in huttball or have 0/0/0 in the patch.

Edited by Neoforcer

You think Carnage is gimped in huttball?

Read my post again. If i don't play Carnage full-time, I will feel gimped every time I get a Huttball pop if respeccing isn't allowed before the warzone starts.

I am fine with completely disabling respec for ranked (including 8v8 which I'm hoping will stay, given how quite a few people are upset at the notion of losing it), but I don't see any harm in it for regs as long as it's limited to before the warzone begins.

i lol'd at this...i guess just shows where the dev's competitive (or lack there of) vision is.

I mean in gw2 you can freaking scout the other team (if they are silly enough to leave spawn) and switch toons to best give your team a chance to win.

THIS IS CALLED SMART PLAY! It is not an exploit, hack, or "not working as intended" imho. Why dumb things down?

It is one of the reasons I leveled a vanguard and a scoundrel, so that I could switch roles if I thought it gave our team a better chance.

5 bucks says they will screw this up anyway. My first guess is that you could probably click the respec button to drop all your points...q up, then apply them to the tree you wish to play. Would stop the wz in progress respec still...but a little bit more flexible.

It is one of the reasons I leveled a vanguard and a scoundrel, so that I could switch roles if I thought it gave our team a better chance.

It's not only one of the reasons why YOU leveled a vanguard and a scoundrel, it's also one of the reasons why everybody else and his dog also leveled a vanguard and a scoundrel.

Respecc in WZs was making some classes much more interesting than others and that alone is a good reason for getting rid of it.

Edited by Cretinus

This is actually the only change announced so far that I agree with.

Respecing inside war zones is ridiculous because you end up in scenarios where people go all DPS for offense on Voidstar and then all go healing and tank for defense.

I used to think that was a myth until I saw it myself a few times.

They should have just disabled it after the warzone starts. Since they don't have any sort of matchmaking while queueing it was helpful for example when I'm healing to switch to DPS when I'm put in a warzone with 3 other healers, or vice versa. I understand stopping people from switching specs halfway through a voidstar or after capturing a node, but preventing us from balancing the team once we see our comp is stupid. Once again Bioware listening to the vocal minority and implimenting something stupid.

Just more incentive to quit before a (normal pug) WZ begins if the composition is terrible if you ask me.

This. Between people wanting TDM or Objective matches only and people not being able to respec to compensate for the lack of X spec, I'm forseeing a quitfest or a LOT of one sided warzones.

But I cannot deny the ability to DPS spec to take a node, then respec tank or heals to hold it forever being a big problem in the current setup.

It's just a band aid for now. It doesn't fix the underlying problem of lack of people queuing and role assignment leading to enjoyable matches, it just band aids the warzone design of DPS to take, heal and tank to hold.

But I cannot deny the ability to DPS spec to take a node, then respec tank or heals to hold it forever being a big problem in the current setup.

Is disabling spec change after you step out of the spawn room the first time too obvious of a solution? We can't choose our team comp (even in rated now) so they disable our ability to compensate.

Edited by LaVall

Is disabling spec change after you step out of the spawn room the first time too obvious of a solution? We can't choose our team comp (even in rated now) so they disable our ability to compensate.

I'd think that they're planning a matchmaking system anyway. This would be a very good reason not to allow respecc at any time, not even before the gates open the first time. Cause it would be pointless if the system assembles two teams with some sort of matchmaking, but then everybody respeccs to something different.

Edited by Cretinus

Having gotten to know more about the upcoming system I understand why they want to lock in specs early on, even when already in the queue.

But that doesn't mean that's a good thing. If they just separated Arena's and Warzone queues from eachother like they should, there would be no need to lock in specs during the queue. No only that, they could make it so that in warzones, you can still respec in the spawn area. Remove the automatic role selection from normal warzones, it doesn't belong there anyway. Being allowed to respec initially is far more fun anyway.

After the match has started, okay, no more changing. But before.. really should be allowed.

And I don't want to get a random arena when queueing for my warzones. It's a whole different thing gosh darnit. I'll play arena's when I feel like it and i'll play warzones when I feel like it. But not mixed and "oh look, an arena, wat do"

Edited by Evolixe

Having gotten to know more about the upcoming system I understand why they want to lock in specs early on, even when already in the queue.

But that doesn't mean that's a good thing. If they just separated Arena's and Warzone queues from eachother like they should, there would be no need to lock in specs during the queue. No only that, they could make it so that in warzones, you can still respec in the spawn area. Remove the automatic role selection from normal warzones, it doesn't belong there anyway. Being allowed to respec initially is far more fun anyway.

After the match has started, okay, no more changing. But before.. really should be allowed.

And I don't want to get a random arena when queueing for my warzones. It's a whole different thing gosh darnit. I'll play arena's when I feel like it and i'll play warzones when I feel like it. But not mixed and "oh look, an arena, wat do"

Don't take it the wrong way, but it seems that you're simply asking them to go 100% the WoW way. It's a normal reaction that people have in SWTOR when something new is announced, but loads of things here have been implemented differently than in WoW and many of them are actually quite an improvement compared to how they're implemented in WoW, imho.

Edited by Cretinus

Arena's and warzones being in 1 queueing system is not one of those improvements.

We will see how it looks like and how good or bad it is when it arrives. It's too early to start complaining.

Edited by Cretinus