I know a cheat when I see one Bioware

Trintric

I see you have the "Newcomer Bundle" laughingly on "Sale" at 50%!! off for $405. Why does this make me upset? For one, I'm not sure the Bundle was ever as expensive as it is now that it's on sale.

Also, and this is important, it was an EXTREMELY cost effective way for the beginner to get Piloting 1, a cheapie Czerka Speeder and 5 Minor Exp Boosters. All for originally 300 some-odd I believe. But $810? Ludicrous. A lie a deceit.

Piloting 1 by it's lonesome? $475 getting it as a Legacy. Thousands of in-game credits. $40,000 if I remember correctly. And more thousands getting a low level speeder. And no Exp Boosters.

This pack used to be, in my view, just about the best and most cost effective purchase for someone starting out.

I laugh when I think it'll be $810 when the (haha) "Sale" ends and the cost of the pack gets to be more expensive than buying the pieces separate.

WTG Bio :rolleyes:

I find your use of "$" as substitute for both credits and cartel coins pretty confusing.

And where is the cheat with this? I was pretty happy last night to see, that a collection unlock was at -60% which I planned to buy anyway.

It is as always... If you are desperate, you pay more than those who got patience and wait for a good offer.

I see you have the "Newcomer Bundle" laughingly on "Sale" at 50%!! off for $405. Why does this make me upset? For one, I'm not sure the Bundle was ever as expensive as it is now that it's on sale.

Also, and this is important, it was an EXTREMELY cost effective way for the beginner to get Piloting 1, a cheapie Czerka Speeder and 5 Minor Exp Boosters. All for originally 300 some-odd I believe. But $810? Ludicrous. A lie a deceit.

Piloting 1 by it's lonesome? $475 getting it as a Legacy. Thousands of in-game credits. $40,000 if I remember correctly. And more thousands getting a low level speeder. And no Exp Boosters.

This pack used to be, in my view, just about the best and most cost effective purchase for someone starting out.

I laugh when I think it'll be $810 when the (haha) "Sale" ends and the cost of the pack gets to be more expensive than buying the pieces separate.

WTG Bio :rolleyes:

It was always on sale, with the proper price being set at 810 CC, so no new price hikes really.

That said, I've never viewed it as practical, even on the cheapest price, you get plenty of exp boosts in game, the in game prices for speeders are cheap for level 1, so no need to spend cartel coins, and the pilot license is early enough anyway without wasting Cartel coins on a single character unlock. At least they are to sunscribers.

If people really can't afford a level 1 speeder without using CC, then I suggest they make an alt with cybercraft and buy the mailing unlock (if they need it), you can craft a speeder for each level, plus armours for your outfit and mail them to the characters you need.

It was always on sale, with the proper price being set at 810 CC, so no new price hikes really.

That said, I've never viewed it as practical, even on the cheapest price, you get plenty of exp boosts in game, the in game prices for speeders are cheap for level 1, so no need to spend cartel coins, and the pilot license is early enough anyway without wasting Cartel coins on a single character unlock. At least they are to sunscribers.

If people really can't afford a level 1 speeder without using CC, then I suggest they make an alt with cybercraft and buy the mailing unlock (if they need it), you can craft a speeder for each level, plus armours for your outfit and mail them to the characters you need.

I did that for a while before they dropped the Piloting I level from 25 to 15 for subs (and thus dropped the cost of both the skill training and the speeders themselves).

Frankly though, the cheapest bike on the market is usually around 2,000 credits and 0 real money.

And buying the first Legacy Perk for 40,000 credits (again 0 real money) when I'm in that much of a hurry anyway- since you get that option at Legacy 5- so that's, what? By your second or third alt?

So guess my question is, why would anyone even need to go to the CM for any of this anyway? :confused:

Edited by Dallayna

1) They provide plenty of XP boosts anyways. I've rolled two alts to 55 and they both have plenty.

2) A tier one speeder is 8k, and it's 40k to buy Improved Speeder Piloting 1, so about 50k altogether. That's actually pretty cheap.

If you really think speeders are expensive and don't want to buy anymore tier 3 speeders, buy a Cartel Market speeder off the GTN, like the Gurian Lightning or something, and then just unlock it to Legacy. No more speeder purchases for that server.

Stop whining about something you don't need, especially when it's really easy to work around.

I find your use of "$" as substitute for both credits and cartel coins pretty confusing.

I was thinking the same thing. Took me a minute of reading to realize what he had done. I was thinking, "There's no way that costs eight hundred and ten US Dollars!" Cartel Coins, however...

Edited by TangoTwoSeven

Yes, it is cheap and easy to get your speeder nowadays. But you know, even though my speeder was expensive and harder to get, I don't mind. Because I got it in December 2011, long before the newbies got theirs for likkle moolah.

Always try to find the positive side... :cool: