BiS relics for a MM Sniper?

Sturjus

In order for the higher dmg proc relics to be more effective than the lower dmg proc ones you need some sort of armor pen as well as having the armor debuff. So arsenal/smash/deception/carnage etc should use Cerulean nova or kinetic tempest. A dark radiance or elemental trans could be better for a sniper but bioware has them BOTH dealing force dmg for some inexplicable reason.

Short answer: Snipers do not have a suitable dmg proc relic so SA/BA is our best (and only) option.

I'd personally go BA for MM. Being a pew pew spec means less hits to proc the damage, so it's less effective then for the other specs right? Just my rationale/no math behind that

Definitely go with the internal tech one if you do go damage proc, we don't get enough armor pen for the K/E version to do more damage

In order for the higher dmg proc relics to be more effective than the lower dmg proc ones you need some sort of armor pen as well as having the armor debuff. So arsenal/smash/deception/carnage etc should use Cerulean nova or kinetic tempest. A dark radiance or elemental trans could be better for a sniper but bioware has them BOTH dealing force dmg for some inexplicable reason.

Short answer: Snipers do not have a suitable dmg proc relic so SA/BA is our best (and only) option.

They don't both do force, the internal one is a typo which can be seen on the arkanian(spelling) and Kell dragon versions

I'd personally go BA for MM. Being a pew pew spec means less hits to proc the damage, so it's less effective then for the other specs right? Just my rationale/no math behind that

I agree with this, my parses support that DoT specs can double the DPS on 4.5 sec proc relics, because of MM's slow hits per second. This is why I'm thinking about switching to double BA's :p

No certain anwser for that question, at least not as certain as power proc > power click (because they are both power). Therer are too many factors here (combat length, movement during fight, dmg-stop phases, your individual DPS). In general the higher your DPS, the better both power relics. Because DPS of dmg proc only depends on hit-frequency, not on power to DPS conversion ratio.

Try this web calculator here. MM´s hit-frequency is round 1.2 hits/sec on dummy. Combat length is preset at 4.5 mins where u can just finish use power click three times. In that case u have max DPS from power click relic. Minimum is for example 2 clicks withhin 4 mins.

Edited by X-Boson

• 2 weeks later...

They don't both do force, the internal one is a typo which can be seen on the arkanian(spelling) and Kell dragon versions

Do we have confirmation that this is indeed a typo in the tooltip and one of them (which one?) is in fact doing tech damage?

Do we have confirmation that this is indeed a typo in the tooltip and one of them (which one?) is in fact doing tech damage?

it has been confirmed that it was a typo, however one of the community members just said "the tooltip issue is on our radar"

that said, the energy/kinetic swapped places from dread guard (energy going from force to tech, kinetic going from tech to force), so it's not a stretch to assume elemental/internal did too.

in the arkanian teir, the elemental transcendence states that it is elemental tech damage

every other interal/elemental relic from arkanian to kell dragon (even the internal arkanian) state that they do force damage

so it is either:

the underworld and kell dragon elemental relic have the wrong tooltip

the underworld and kell dragon elemental relic have the wrong damage type

(or a combination of the above two possibilities)

every internal relic and the arkanian elemental relic are mislabeled

every internal relic and the arkanian elemental relic do the wrong damage

(or a combination of the above two possibilities)

i don't think that anyone has been able to say definitively yet which one is correct (but i can fairly confidently say that the arkanian elemental relic is tech), but the new tier of proc relics have primary stat, crit, or power, and activate on healing or damage, so i'm betting that they are shying away from this for more general-purpose relics that aren't so broken and confusing.

Edited by oaceen

Wait wait wait...

1. Cerulean Nova? Isn't that only good for classes with ~15 (or is that 30%) armor penetration? Like Arsenal Mercs, Rage Juggs (etc)?

2. The "default" for me would be BA/SA.

3. I'm curious if anyone can come up with parses/numbers/proof for BA/BA...

4. How about KD SA/UW SA? If you spec 1 point into self-heal while in cover, it can proc one after the other.

5. KD SA/Conq SA with self-heal while in cover can proc it one after the other or at the same time (tested myself with UW SA and Conq SA.

I agree with the BA/SA (2 posts) above. Too much factors like stop-phases, duration of fight. I think when choosing between BA and SA (unless you are getting both) is just personal preference.

Edited by paowee

• 3 weeks later...

i don't think that anyone has been able to say definitively yet which one is correct (but i can fairly confidently say that the arkanian elemental relic is tech),

All right, I have finally gotten around to try and put some data to the speculation. Since I could not make up my mind which relic to get the Underworld token was still lying around in my inventory which allowed me to borrow both and molest the operations dummy for 30 minutes with each. And to get a better reference point I also did the same with the Arkanian Relic of Elemental Transcendence. The results:

Underworld Relic of Dark Radiance: 7.21% crit

Underworld Relic of Elemental Transcendence: 10.31% crit

Arkanian Relic of Elemental Transcendence: 17.98% crit

[For reference: My character sheet tech crit chance is 23.12%, and according to the formula used my Force crit chance should be 11.48%.]

Now the sample size was not that large (about 220 procs in each run) but the results to me seem significant enough to strongly indicate that indeed both Underworld Relics are Force damage.

Edited by Jurugu

I need some advice on relics. I'm looking to do long-term consistent Dmg. (operation bosses and stuff like that).

Currently I have 2 PVP relics that combine provide 290 power and 122 endurance (after augmentation). I was wondering what your guys thoughts were on what kind of relics I should be going for. I was going to seek out the Matrix Cube but after some reading on the forum, it's my understanding that its completely non-viable now even after augmentation. I was thinking about keeping one of my PVP relics and trying to grab a UW relic that gives your attack a 30% chance boost you to 550 power for 6 seconds with 20 sec cooldown (cant remember what it's called).

All advice is appreciated :D

Edited by GalaxyStrong

Boundless Ages and Serendipitous Assault are BiS.

Boundless Ages is great because you can time it to burn phases.

Ok, I forgot to mention I have biochem as a skill and can use adrenals for burn phases. The adrenals only work for 15 sec's instead of 30 but they generally get the job done so, with that said do you still stand by what you said before or maybe something different.

Sorry I should of mentioned that before.

Ok, I forgot to mention I have biochem as a skill and can use adrenals for burn phases. The adrenals only work for 15 sec's instead of 30 but they generally get the job done so, with that said do you still stand by what you said before or maybe something different.

Sorry I should of mentioned that before.

Simply, yes :)

Simply, yes :)

Ok, I dropped both my PVP relics and now have Underworld Relic of Boundless Ages & Underworld Relic of the Cerulean Nova.

The DPS loss (on my character stats table) while small was a little unnerving but I'm sure if I use a parsing system it will prove this was a good recommendation by Svii.

So long old PVP relics, you servered me well.

Cerulean Nova works, but better for dot specs. MM gains (very slightly) more from Serendipitous Assault (this is in my opinion/feeling), then again.. the difference is nothing you'll notice in a real fight since skill > gear :)

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the double SA's are stacking again. IE Partisan/Arkanian...

Anyone else notice this?

Just tested this with conquerer/underworld one, they do not stack. They can activate both but they do not stack. So if they both proc, one is wasted.

Edited by yindaka

Just tested this with conquerer/underworld one, they do not stack. They can activate both but they do not stack. So if they both proc, one is wasted.

Can you explain? I am wearing UW SA and Partisan SA and i see two Power Surge buffs pop out every 20 seconds. This is my definition of "stack" haha. Maybe that is what's causing the confusion. (?_?)

Can you explain? I am wearing UW SA and Partisan SA and i see two Power Surge buffs pop out every 20 seconds. This is my definition of "stack" haha. Maybe that is what's causing the confusion. (?_?)

I'm sorry, just tried it again and they do stack, must have missed it in the few seconds window. So I retract above statement and confirm they stack. :)

Edited by yindaka