The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

you guys want another mmo set in the upcoming 3 star wars films?

Klalose

well it will be them. EA has the contract so........yea we are stuck with them.

Maybe they pick a less terrible game engine?

It's not the PvP itself that's awful. It's an acquired taste to be sure, but this game is more balanced pvp wise then most others....its the engine itself. It's forced actual PvP to exist only in warzones. Lame.

I think most companies are weary of entering the mmo sphere due to overly high expectations with less than phenomenal profits.

Indeed, the market is pretty saturated right now. I could literally play a different MMO for free each night of the week if I wanted to.

I believe that a good MMO (with lightsabers) with no trinity and more activities other than killing mobs every 50' and that didn't inspire/require hundreds of hours to get decent gear/stats/levels (all obsolete concepts really) while allowing for individual style and expression and requiring skill to excel... could go a long long ways. The trick is to target people that aren't stuck in the current MMO-rut way of thinking/playing which is still built around many of the limitations set forth by EQ1 (no climbing, hiding/stealth = invisibility, no collision detection, meat shields use taunts, health/mana bars, huge/laser weapons often hit like whiffle bats, no grappling/wrestling/sweep moves in combat, not much flying, really really bad critter and NPC AI, etc.). If they could merge the Simms with SWTOR that would be damn interesting. Although I've never played the Simms, I would if there was decent combat and cities to fly through, explore, conquer, help build and/or tear down. Edited by Savej

We don't need those.

Just play Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast.

The next few movies better not **** with those timelines, Katarn is second to Revan.

Katarn is to action games what Revan is to RPGs. I just hope they cast him well if he is in the next few movies.

I'm thinking the MMO bubble is about to bust; TBH. Wow basically made them accessible to everyone and it boomed; but their model has been re-used and copied so many times, and I think its about to have ran its course. I think the future will be to look to the past on how they did MMOs before it was so main stream, and sandboxes might be used more and be better refined.

That said; I don't want one set in the timeline of the upcoming films so much. I think they could do well to have one traversing last 3 to hit a market of kids coming into age who had that as their first venture into Star Wars. Personally; I would like another run at the original 3; but I just think it would be smarter to target that younger demographic which will be hitting their late teens to early 20s.

Edited by Technohic

I'd rather have kotor 3.
This..

You guys do know that KotOR3 story was incorporated into SW:TOR as the Jedi Knight storyline, right?

So you essentially already got KotOR3. And most game series go downhill starting at 4 so good chance if they went back to make another KotOR they'd just ruin it.

You guys do know that KotOR3 story was incorporated into SW:TOR as the Jedi Knight storyline, right?

So you essentially already got KotOR3. And most game series go downhill starting at 4 so good chance if they went back to make another KotOR they'd just ruin it.

Have you played the knight story? Cuz I have....and it really wasn't all that great. I'd hardly call it a kotor story. Also, it's not just about story, kotor was a great game in general. I've been replaying both kotor 1 and 2 the past few weeks and I forgot how good they really were. Nice break from the crap fest known as swtor that I'm pretty much about to quit playing it.

Funny thing is, there was an article like 3 weeks ago or so (during the kotor anniversary) where obsidian talks about kotor 2 and how they actually had kotor 3 in pre-production but it never got the green light. *sad face*

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-31-fear-is-the-path-to-the-dark-side

Except there's three centuries between SWTOR and KotOR.

I think what a lot of people want in a KOTOR game is a story that focuses on the Revan / Exile. Or just HK-47 because we all love him. And what game series are you talking about that go downhill? The only ones I'm thinking of are modern military shooters, which go downhill starting at the first game in the series.

Edited by Glumish