I got Treek - why do I have to level up her gear as well?

UltimateKrucible

Simple question - I got Treek at Lvl 55, but all her gear is rated for lvl 10 - do I have to re-gear her with lvl appropriate stuff, or am I missing something?

Gearing up a companion is normal - what did you really expect?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you offering advice or asking a question? I can't really discern from your post what it is you're trying to communicate.

There are no character-specific ways to gear up. Treek is a tank/heals that uses AIM as her main stat. It's the same as any other tank or heals companion that uses aim.

well more on whats the best way to gear her as a healer or a tank

healer---- critcal, power, surge charge, alacrity and enhancement i.e. end 37 ,power 52 ,surge 66 and so on gear ,guns sheild genortor,,

Tank------def , aboubtion , sheild , accury , and so on

the thing that i dont if one enhancements work if some are in the hand than feet or head ----- if it matters could someone so how to kit treek in at tank or healer as a level 53 gear that would massivey helpfull and less cost to gear up.

this is BWs doing that you dont even get an idear cos you dont get level 50 blue to help you gear up if you are going the right way by been given a pick on what role you wish to go to match you class skills i.e sage healer would be more likey pick a tanking treek . if a dps sage might have a more of a tanking stats, where a vangard would be healing mostly .

BW needs to show how to mod for level 53 up as a video treek for the tank , healing , adps role or tank/hear

Thanks for the replies - Have to say that's pretty shoddy game design, seeing as you have to have legacy lvl 40 to get the damn thing.

Not much need for a lvl 10 companion at top lvl. Biofail strikes again.

So you though you were going to get an entire set of high-end level 55 gear PLUS the companion unlock? Yeah, that wasn't very realistic. Even HK's gear wasn't all that good for level 50. At best, you'd get Treek in all greens or blues and you'd be instantly trying to upgrade that gear anyway.

• 2 months later...
She comes with 2 sets of gear, why not have the set she has on at level 10 and the set you have to open at your characters current level, would make it a lot better.

Only thing there is that for those that get her at level 10 just get what she has now.

Win, win, way of doing it, but is just my opinion.

This!

I got Treek for the first time last night on my lvl 55. She came equiped with a lvl 10 orange set and a gear box, which when i opened it yielded the exact same lvl 10 orange gear set. asuming this was in error i created a ticket. I have since learned that this is working as intended as she is intended she was intended for lvl 10. Why not have the gear box conatin gear appropriate for the lvl on which you aquire Treek for that character (even with green mods) so you can start using her straight away, instead of unlocking treek, putting her to the side, and grind money/commendations/drops what have you before you can actually start to use Treek immediately if you get her after lvl 10.

Edited by Shadow_Valkyrie

Yeah, this is kind of what I expected - especially when I got the second set of gear in the post. It just boggles the mind that an endgame companion ... unless you spend CC on it ... doesn't some with endgame gear.

Funnily enough, in the 'guide to buying Treek', none of this gets mentioned - only that you have to be lvl ten. At no point does it say '.... because Treek comes with lvl 10 gear'.

Well hope others considering getting the Ewok are duly warned - so glad I didn't waste real money on this.

Treek isn't a freckin endgame companion and just because YOU got her at endgame doesn't make it so even if you do buy her with credits or CC's i would be more concerned that you're a lvl 55 and don't know how to gear out a companion i don't know why you would think you needed her at 55 anyway... i have several 55's and still only got treek for a new alt i rolled... oh and i didn't have a problem gearing her.. the problem seems to be with the user not the Companion.. :p

Thanks for the replies - Have to say that's pretty shoddy game design, seeing as you have to have legacy lvl 40 to get the damn thing.

Not much need for a lvl 10 companion at top lvl. Biofail strikes again.

If they had her have level appropriate mods, people would be summoning her when they need mods just to get her mods. It works good the way it is.