Animal Mounts: What do you want to see next?

Lovethebeard

Dewback [ Atleast 100%. Offers good protection ]

Kaadus [ 110% or more. Offers minor protection ]

Varactyl [ Higher than 110%. Offers moderate protection. ]

Bantha [ 90%-100% only, but EXTREMELY HARD TO Knock off. Including by level 55's ]

Reek [ 110% or more. Offers moderate protection ]

Can-Cells from Kashyyk [ Allow you to hover of of the ground at around 10-15 meters. Travel at over 110%. Minor protection. ]

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking flying mounts are more ridiculous than Rancor mounts. They could add rancors that could be scaled down to a smaller size. They don't have to be 7+ meters tall.

Flying mounts would likely just have to "fly" along the paths, hovering above the ground just ike speeders. So the only difference would be aestheitcs and people royally PO'd because they thought they could break out of the narrow corridors full of annoying mobs Bioware puts everywhere.

hold on a second, are you saying the Tauntaun we got in patch 2.3 also fights things?

Unfortunately not, i mean the Tauntaun protector that fights off the Wampa with you is a combat beast follower, that can fight more than just the wampa: It can fight other players too.

For everyone wanting Banthas (and to a lesser extent Dewbacks), I guess you didn't play WoW (or forgot it) and the problem that the mammoths caused.

Covering mailboxes, NPCs, etc. Pain in the rear end.

And they don't already do that with the Buick size car mounts? Or the Skiffs....tank mount, etc? I don't see it being any worse....jerks are gonna be jerks if you make them ride mini mounts or a Death Star mount. I for one think it's worth it.....cause I have wanted a Dewback since day 1 lol.

Dewbacks and Banthas...

I just think that everything from the original trilogy is better and more iconic than the prequels.

The only problem with those two is that it would be hard to make them mounts as they both move rather slowly compared to other creatures. Varactyls are known to be very agile and move VERY quickly. Remember the scenes with it in EP3?

Not to mention that both are generally found to be one color. Dewbacks and Bantha tend to come in shades of brown. I could see them making some different colors but nothing to drastic. Varactyls are actually very colorful creatures and can bring many variations to to the table. Not to mention a few of them were found to be wearing armor sets that further customized their look.

Edited by spectreclees

And they don't already do that with the Buick size car mounts? Or the Skiffs....tank mount, etc? I don't see it being any worse....jerks are gonna be jerks if you make them ride mini mounts or a Death Star mount. I for one think it's worth it.....cause I have wanted a Dewback since day 1 lol.

I don't see many of those huge speeders. I think people dislike them because when it's that big it feels slow, even when it's going at the same speed as a small speeder.

The only problem with those two is that it would be hard to make them mounts as they both move rather slowly compared to other creatures. Varactyls are known to be very agile and move VERY quickly. Remember the scenes with it in EP3?

That's what I'm wondering as well. Would they make Dewbacks and Banthas that run really fast? I guess they could make them move slower but give better knockoff protection, sort of like that tank mount. At that point though, they would be just a novelty without any real utility for gameplay.

That's what I'm wondering as well. Would they make Dewbacks and Banthas that run really fast? I guess they could make them move slower but give better knockoff protection, sort of like that tank mount. At that point though, they would be just a novelty without any real utility for gameplay.

Have you ever seen a big animal running? Like en elephant. They are faster than you think.

I would pick Bantha's only when they have Sandpeople as a playable race

They sort of do. Dress up your character as a sand-person (three sets to pick from: social Tatooine gear; the Cartel set; the set from the Chevin event if you were around then). Run around and grunt at people as you attack them. Done!

Really, all that's missing is a proper bantha mount...

Here is my pet mount wish list for SWTOR:

1. Reek (Iridonian sub-species and rakghoul reek version appearances)

2. Nexu

3. Boma

4. Blistmok

5. Narglatch

6. Dewback

7. Bantha

8. Acklay

9. Hssiss

10. Tuk'ata

11. Manka Cat

Edited by Aussie