Treek conversations bugged?

JacenHallis

• Dev Post

Hi there!

This issue was only partially fixed in the last update, which is why there wasn't a patch note. In testing, we discovered that there were instances where she doesn't say the right thing. However, most players will find that she's no longer asking for a ship conversation, even when she's already there.

:ph_cheers:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you confirm if Treek has any more dialogue other than the initial shipboard conversation?

Mine is no longer asking to talk to me... but she's not said anything new either.

Same here, could please clarify? Thank you!

Generally: Superb job with Treek, double stances, animations, personality (taff female Ewok ist a brilliant idea!). She's my favourite companion :-) thx for that!

Hi there!

This issue was only partially fixed in the last update, which is why there wasn't a patch note. In testing, we discovered that there were instances where she doesn't say the right thing. However, most players will find that she's no longer asking for a ship conversation, even when she's already there.

Thanks for the reply but I'm a little confused too. Was the bug that she was saying let's talk when she in fact has only 1 convo OR is the bug that she has more convo's but isn't giving them?

My Treek no longer wants to talk to me on the ship but I only got 1 convo out of her. Working as intended? Still bugged? Or was the "fix" to simply turn off the talk notification with no intention of ever getting more than 1 convo working for the people suffering the problem?

Just a tad bit more clarification would be deeply appreciated.

I activated Treek on my lower level toons and noticed that she does not gain conversation points during conversations when getting or completing class or planet quests. Is any1 else having the same problem? I also asked what her alignment was - for IMP/REP sides, I posted the question in the in game help ticket - but was told to submit a bug report. That's no answer Edited by monroerd
spelling error

Hi there!

I love that when we finally got a response, it was the question just about no one wanted answered. Devs... the REAL question is: ARE THERE OTHER CONVERSATIONS AFTER THE FIRST ONE?

I love that when we finally got a response, it was the question just about no one wanted answered. Devs... the REAL question is: ARE THERE OTHER CONVERSATIONS AFTER THE FIRST ONE?

You obviously didn't look hard enough, people here are saying there are more then one, there is even a video of the full republic conversation with Treek on the PTS. Next time look a bit.

Seattle Q&A

Q: Treek affection and conversations

A: (Amber Green) Conversations are not currently broken; however there is a known issue where Treek wants to talk to you on the ship when she is actually not ready. In next patch, this will be fixed. If further issues, please let her know via the bugs forum.

So this is to let you know via the bugs forum: I've unlocked treek on 2 characters, got her to 6-7k favor and I've not had more than 1 introductory chat with her on the ship on either toon.

I'm a bit puzzled this isn't even a known issue by now, given this tread.

Seattle Q&A

So this is to let you know via the bugs forum: I've unlocked treek on 2 characters, got her to 6-7k favor and I've not had more than 1 introductory chat with her on the ship on either toon.

I'm a bit puzzled this isn't even a known issue by now, given this tread.

How can the quote above and this one from earlier.....

Hi there!

...possibly jive? Her convos "are not currently broken", yet was still "only partially fixed"? I have her unlocked on two lvl 55's with 10k rep, past their class quests and Makeb completed.....if she's "not ready" after those conditions, I honestly would love to know what more I can do.

You'll note they did say it was "partially" fixed. Meaning there probably is more treek convos coming, but as a stopgap measure they've removed the text telling you she wants to talk when she has nothing to talk about

i think the real problem is no one is really sure what the actual answer is.

every time i see a response, i just become more confused.

is there more than one conversation with treek or not? that's really all i want to know.

i think the real problem is no one is really sure what the actual answer is.

every time i see a response, i just become more confused.

is there more than one conversation with treek or not? that's really all i want to know.

I'd really love a straight-up explanation as well, rather than hope they fix/acknowledge it while they seem to hope it just goes away.

I do have one question though: those who have gotten the full convo path, did you unlock Treek via credits or Cartel Coins? We know that the quest item that is unlocked is a different item depending on what you spent (the credit option has a legacy requirement), so I'm curious if it may make a difference.

*EDIT*

From the 2.3.2 Patch notes:

Treek's dialogue outside of cinematics has been corrected. She now has more than one thing to say and no longer requests conversations on the ship when one is not available.

Here's hoping that it's done and resolved.

Edited by willybot

• Dev Post

Thanks for your posts! For anyone who is having affection conversation issues but has not provided the following details, please be sure to update with as much as possible:

1. What Class is the character who isn't getting conversations?

2. What level is the character who isn't getting conversations?

3. What is their current affection level with Treek?

4. How was the Treek who is not providing conversations obtained? (via Cartel Market, credits, GTN, Collections)

5. Do you have any characters who have achieved conversations?

Thanks again! I have my eye on this issue for sure.

Thanks for your posts! For anyone who is having affection conversation issues but has not provided the following details, please be sure to update with as much as possible:

4. How was the Treek who is not providing conversations obtained? (via Cartel Market, credits, GTN, Collections)

1. Trooper, Knight, Consular, Smuggler.. basically all of my characters (I'm not touching Treek on my Imperials until this is fixed but I assume they would be broken too)

2. 55 though some were 54 when I first got the bug.

3. All are in the low 8k range except for the Smuggler who I went ahead and took to 10k.

4. Initial purchase was with credits from the vendor. Then unlocked for everyone else via Collections

5. Everyone gets the the first conversation about the ship crashing landing.. yadda yadda.. no one has gotten any further conversations.

Edited by Aerich

1. marauder

2. 55

3. 6k

4. purchased the 1m credit Treek contract from the bounty event vendor

5. this is the only toon with Treek

Edited by Projawa

Sorcerer

Level 55

Credits from the mission droid (then added to collections with Cartel Coins for alts)

All companions on this character have completed their conversations including HK-51. However the unlocked characters on this account haven't had any other conversations with Treek

Edited by elaverick

To reply:

1) Sentinel

2) 55th

3) 6783

4) Cartel Market.

5) No with regards to Treek

For my alt that also hired Treek

1) Scoundrel

2) 55th

3) 1635 (Is this too low for the next conversation?)

4) Collection

5) Obviously no with regards to Treek

Edited by Arvig
Adding information

Knight

Credits

No, only have Treek on one character, and only got the first conversation.

1: Inquisitor (assassin, light-side)

2: 55 (legacy 43)

3: 10000

4: Cartel market.

5: nope. Only got the very first convo on my ship.

Edited by DarthVitrial

1. Commando

2. 55

3. 6519

4. Cartel Market

5. No, this is my only character with Treek.

1. Sage

2. 55

3. 10000

4. credits

5. My alts all have Treek, but I haven't put any effort into getting affection with them.

1&2. 55 Sith Warrior; 50 Bounty Hunter; 18 Inquisitor.

3. 10k, 10k, 4500 respectively.

4. Initially purchased via Credits on Warrior, unlocked via collections for others.

5. No, oh-for-three. Not spending any more currency to try again.

I'm glad to see some basic action taken. However, this isn't a new problem. It has been documented on this thread and others since the day (a month ago) you sold us this feature....why are we just now getting asked these questions? These answers, if look at the first posts in the thread, were provided without prompt.