The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Laughs while fighting annoying to anyone else?

Curmedy

I'm not big on role playing or care about realism in mmo's but this really gets under my skin for some reason.

I usually have the game volume down and music playing instead, but sometimes I like to listen to the game volume while PvPing.

Whenever I get hit by an operative all I hear are the ridiculous never ending laughs that the character makes once every three seconds it seems like.

Like I said before i'm not a stickler for realism in games like this, but wouldn't you be too focused and out of breath from all the moving and fighting to continuously laugh your *** off at stabbing someone? (Psychotic much?)

P.S - I'm not complaining that they need to take it out of the game or should have an option to mute character sounds. I'm just curious if anyone else is bothered by this. please refrain from saying such pointless insults as "QQ some more!" or "Just mute it then nub!"

I don't mind the laughing personally. I know what you're talking about and it's not an annoying laugh...to me atleast.

What is annoying is this 1 particular grunting moaning sound bit... I don't know if anyone else hears it but it sounds like... -- and there's no way to properly describe it... but it sounds like...

" EEEeerrrghh! NNnnnnnnnerrggg.... Eeeennnngghrrr! "

...okay that was dumb. Basically it's a lot of moaning and groaning. Anyone... ---anyone know what I'm talking about?

I don't mind the laughing personally. I know what you're talking about and it's not an annoying laugh...to me atleast.

What is annoying is this 1 particular grunting moaning sound bit... I don't know if anyone else hears it but it sounds like... -- and there's no way to properly describe it... but it sounds like...

...okay that was dumb. Basically it's a lot of moaning and groaning. Anyone... ---anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think you may be referring to the male Sith warrior cry of pain.

Edited by TheJediLord

but the sound of killing someone who is making that sound is oh so satisfying

as for the giggles, everyone seems to hate on ops/scoundrels, but lots of classes use them.

i guess it's the only class that seems to use it AC-wide rather than specific specs though.

Edited by oaceen

My bounty hunter laughs when activation certain abilities. I hate it, and that's why I haven't finished the character. I don't remember this happening at lower levels, so it must have come along with a higher level ability. I won't play without sound, I like the other sound effects, and the music, and some things have audio cues I need to hear.

Why can't it be an option? It's downright creepy. :mad:

My bounty hunter laughs when activation certain abilities. I hate it, and that's why I haven't finished the character. I don't remember this happening at lower levels, so it must have come along with a higher level ability. I won't play without sound, I like the other sound effects, and the music, and some things have audio cues I need to hear.

No mater what it is, someone dislikes it. Are we going to have a game with 10 pages of toggle boxes to allow players to disable every little thing they might not like? I don't think so.

bounty hunters laugh when the proc prototype particle accelerator, the skill in pyro that resets the cd on railshot.

it's not just there to be a creepy sound or whatever, it's an audio cue that RS was reset.

Edited by oaceen

bounty hunters laugh when the proc prototype particle accelerator, the skill in pyro that resets the cd on railshot.

it's not just there to be a creepy sound or whatever, it's an audio cue that RS was reset.

Good info, thanks.

No mater what it is, someone dislikes it. Are we going to have a game with 10 pages of toggle boxes to allow players to disable every little thing they might not like? I don't think so.

Your argument is ridiculous. It wouldn't take 10 pages of anything to have an option to "turn off random character sounds." And we could get "turn off random companion comments" at the same time.

Your argument is ridiculous. It wouldn't take 10 pages of anything to have an option to "turn off random character sounds." And we could get "turn off random companion comments" at the same time.

Did you not read my post? Whatever it is, someone dislikes it. So you say "Give me the option to disable what I dislike and everyone else can get stuffed?"

His arguments are always ridiculous. If it has to do with something bashing this game in any way, shape or form, he'll attack you.

Yes, my Guardian sounds like he ate a bad burrito sometimes.

I like the different vocals on procs and am glad they put them back in. Must admit they were annoying though a while back when Ops were FOTM and smug giggles played nonstop on out of sync loops while causing unsubs.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I like the idea of the laugh but it happens WAY too often.

So instead of being something cool, it's something annoying because it makes my character sound like a bloodthirsty giggling idiot instead of a fierce warrior fighting for his life.

• 4 months later...
I'm not big on role playing or care about realism in mmo's but this really gets under my skin for some reason.

I usually have the game volume down and music playing instead, but sometimes I like to listen to the game volume while PvPing.

Whenever I get hit by an operative all I hear are the ridiculous never ending laughs that the character makes once every three seconds it seems like.

Like I said before i'm not a stickler for realism in games like this, but wouldn't you be too focused and out of breath from all the moving and fighting to continuously laugh your *** off at stabbing someone? (Psychotic much?)

P.S - I'm not complaining that they need to take it out of the game or should have an option to mute character sounds. I'm just curious if anyone else is bothered by this. please refrain from saying such pointless insults as "QQ some more!" or "Just mute it then nub!"

The laughs do actually serve a purpose though. Now at launch they were in game and then they were removed for awhile and are back again, but the point of the laughs are to notify you of an ability proc. say for example I'm on my Jugg and I use my Shatter ability and I hear the giggle/laugh I know that it procc'd and consequently Ravage if it was on timer just reset and is now available to be used again. Why they would have you able to hear someone else's that you are fighting I don't know, but as for your own that is at least in part why they have them.