_biddan_

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has to be a real opinion.

fallout new vegas is better than fallout 3

(let's keep this civil)

Personally speaking, I thought that was obvious. New Vegas is one of my favorite games of all time.

Anyway, my opinion. I honestly didn't think the ending to Mass Effect 3 was bad at all.

Edited by Cyberwoman

The boss battle between Cipher and Pixy at the end of Ace Combat Zero is the best boss battle in any video game. Good mechanics, lots of twitch, a solid enemy, meaningful stakes, and freaking awesome music.

The first Mass Effect game was kinda crappy. (Related opinion, which I imagine people will agree with: Mass Effect 2 was amazing.)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was better than GTA IV.

I think Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag is stupid, shallow and a terrible attempt by Ubisoft to cash in on the one single mechanic people enjoy in Assassins Creed III, which was also terrible, and I hope they just end the entire series altogether.

I thought the thread was about opinions people won't agree with. :D

In light of the EQ:N reveal and some comments about EQ2 I saw in the thread.

EverQuest 2 has more depth, things to do, better end-game, and is overall better than WoW and SWToR combined.

no I don't play EQ2 anymore. And yes I sub to SWToR. it's still true.

Skyrim is highly overrated.

KOTOR has terrible pacing. intro quests just drag on and on and on. also, if you play it unspoiled and don't know you are supposed to save your points for jedi abilities, you are making your life miserable for a final boss fight... and you won't know, until its too late and you have to replay.. or cheat.

Mass Effect 3 was the worst game of the trilogy, the only thing about it that was superior to prior 2 installments, were mechanics of the gameplay. compared to it - dragon age 2 is a pinnacle of thoughtful, thorough development. (and I liked DA2, but I'm still not blind to the fact that it was rushed and it shows)

/flameshield on

I actually do firmly believe all of the above.

Star Wars The Old Republic is a fantastically made game. The graphics are next generation, the PVP is extremely balanced, and replaying the same side quests on each planet is amazingly fun. None of the planets have any ugly parts, and the load times are swift, and barely noticeable. The Cartel Market and the release of F2P was not a last resort to keep the game running, and subscribers are definitely well appreciated.

The expansion released was one of the biggest expansions in MMO history, and was definitely worth the cost. To say subscribers should have gotten it for free would just be being ungrateful. When Bioware releases the infrequent patches, it always fixes the original problem, and never breaks anything else.

No MMO beats this one.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is not the best Zelda game in the series.

Halo 2 had the worst multiplayer out of all the Halo games and is the worse out of all the games due to its obviously rushed production.

Call of Duty was in its prime around the United Offensive expansion and Call of Duty 2 PC release.

I like most of Sonic the Hedgehog's friends and enjoy seeing them in the Sonic games, with some exceptions (Charmy the Bee, Silver the Hedgehog; both characters are annoying and add little good to the universe).

Grand Theft Auto IV is one of the most overrated games in video game history.

Vanilla Elder Scrolls games are boring as hell, the stories feel stale and go nowhere, and the leveling system in them is incredibly tedious.

Call of Duty Black Ops's zombie mode is by far one of the funnest games I've ever played, and is actually better than firefight in any Halo game. (I still like the campaign and multiplayer of the Halo series far more than CoDs)

I don't mind running the same missions over and over in TOR, and actually look forward to the events that happen. I don't think the Expansion should have been free, but it should have been cheaper.

I enjoyed KoTOR 2 more than KoTOR 1, even with the cut content I found it to be much more enjoyable.

/flameshields on

FTL (the indie rogue-like game) is terrible. Its so random that you can't develop a strategy. The difficulty curve is quite literally, random. The final boss is so hard that is makes you feel you wasted a lot of time getting there.

Every single CoD game after MW1 has been low skill garbage with a terrible story line and an aging engine.

Halo 4 was a good game and was a better product all around than Halo 3. Purist can't seem to accept that games change over time.

Koror 2 > Kotor 1.

Far better story, but only if you're intelligent. It was way deeper, so much more in depth and darker, I loved it. Played it multiple times, still play it.

TSLRCM just perfected it.

Also no level cap.

Star Wars The Old Republic is a fantastically made game. The graphics are next generation, the PVP is extremely balanced, and replaying the same side quests on each planet is amazingly fun. None of the planets have any ugly parts, and the load times are swift, and barely noticeable. The Cartel Market and the release of F2P was not a last resort to keep the game running, and subscribers are definitely well appreciated.

The expansion released was one of the biggest expansions in MMO history, and was definitely worth the cost. To say subscribers should have gotten it for free would just be being ungrateful. When Bioware releases the infrequent patches, it always fixes the original problem, and never breaks anything else.

No MMO beats this one.

i said OPINIONS not useless and not funny trolling. (what you think is totally exagerated, swtor is a fantastic game)

i said OPINIONS not useless and not funny trolling. (what you think is totally exagerated, swtor is a fantastic game)

I was being completely serious. The fact that your mind associated my post with "useless trolling" displays your doubt for this game.

Saints row2 was the absolute best in the series (with SR1 a close 2nd). SR3 is absolute garbage & not worth the disk it's printed on.

& yes, I'm reluctantly buying SR4....

Skyrim is the greatest open world rpg ever created. Even with all its faults, Dragon age 2 was loads more fun than DA:O

Edited by ImmortalLowlife
adding more

I thought the thread was about opinions people won't agree with. :D

What about: every AC part after vanilla AC II was utter bullcrap?

Don't know what people's opinions are, just see all the (probably bribed) gaming magazines go crazy over every new AC title.

- Blackthorne and Rock'n'Roll Racing are the only really good Blizzard games.

- A Link to the Past is the best Legend of Zelda.

- Ôkami is the best 3D Zelda style game.

- The original Need for Speed on the 3DO is the best Need for Speed (shared with Porsche Unleashed).

- King of Fighters '98 is not the best King of Fighters.

- The Final Fantasy series peaked with FFVI (in the US FFIII).

- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men was actually enjoyable.

- Metal Gear Solid 2+ storylines are a joke.

- Heavy Rain is just a glorified version of Dragon's Lair.

- Alpha Protocol was excellent and trumped all other games that claimed to have a branching story.

- Dragon Age: Origins is just a husk of what CRPGs once were.

Edit: I think a lot of "badly rated" rated games are actually better than their ratings suggested (e.g. Gungrave, P.N. 03 or Wet)

Forgot another one: The best movie-to-game adaption is The Warriors (which is also one of the best brawlers of all time and one of the best Rockstar games).

Edited by InsaneBase
Typo in "The Warriors"