Threads are getting lame

KhalDrogoe

Could be worse. :p

I used to post a lot on the WoW PvP forums, and 90% of the threads there were:

-"whaaa someone killed my lowbie"

-"whaaa class X is OP"

-"whaaa premades" (guess this is the same here)

-"whaaa my faction ALWAYS loses" (you can actually check player win:loss statistics on there, and all these threads were incorrect since their OPs had something around 50%)

You eventually began to feel like you are copy and pasting your replies because all the threads were the same. SWToR isn't nearly as bad.

Is it me, or do the first 2 pages of the PvP section of the forums lame and not worth responding to?

I was just thinking this. I used to enjoy coming here on break to check em out but now they're almost all the same, or 30 pages long and no one cares about your post. Top 3 seem to be

1.Scouperative Heals OP!

2.Scouperative Roll OP!

3.Premades OP-errr unfair!

No one even complains about smashers really anymore. It's all the smashers whining about about Scouperatives getting more than 5 meters from them and their friends outhealing his smash.

Is it me, or do the first 2 pages of the PvP section of the forums lame and not worth responding to?

There's a bit of a conundrum in your post. If you found something worth responding to on the 3rd or 4th page, it would then get moved to the first page, thus making it lame and not worth responding to. You would then be caught in what is called the Lame Paradox, it is similar to the Grandfather Paradox.

This is when you look into the old forums. Lets say about 1000 pages back. You read all the old forums about people complaining about nerfing Mercs/Commandos/Sorcerers/Sages. There is an actual entertainment value here. Its like watching re-runs of your favorite old sitcoms. It is amazing how many laughs you can still get from it.

Could be worse. :p

I used to post a lot on the WoW PvP forums, and 90% of the threads there were:

-"whaaa someone killed my lowbie"

-"whaaa class X is OP"

-"whaaa premades" (guess this is the same here)

-"whaaa my faction ALWAYS loses" (you can actually check player win:loss statistics on there, and all these threads were incorrect since their OPs had something around 50%)

You eventually began to feel like you are copy and pasting your replies because all the threads were the same. SWToR isn't nearly as bad.

Actually, that's how any PvP board looks like for any game. A horde of whiners is actually an indicator that the PvP is working well. Especially the ones that claim that the PvP is dying or something -- these are like signature species that live off healthy PvP environments. A parasite that disrespects the host, if you will.

When you go to a game with PvP that is actually, really dying off, you don't get to see those. You get to see people writing off-topic posts and dirty jokes all day long.

Edited by kweassa

There's a bit of a conundrum in your post. If you found something worth responding to on the 3rd or 4th page, it would then get moved to the first page, thus making it lame and not worth responding to. You would then be caught in what is called the Lame Paradox, it is similar to the Grandfather Paradox.

You made my day.:)

Edited by Asturias

Perhaps its because many of the drama queens have moved on to greener pastures?

Or its because players are giving up hope that Bioware would do anything productive for PvP?

Or because players are getting board with the forum PvP

take your pick. I have noticed the same thing though.

It's that people no longer give a crap. BW has finally broken the spirit of the PvP'ers, and now coming on 2 year anniversary without meaningful PvP, we've either moved on or don't care about PvP anymore.

I know for the last 10 major updates I've been consistently disappointed and PvP has subsequently become worse. Starting with 1.2 onwards. I should've seen it coming when they bunkoed us by not implementing ranked warzones in 1.2.

Edited by KhalDrogoe