Need PVP for Dumies

BilmiShywat

Alright very new to PVP and MMOs for that matter. I created an OP to mainly PVP with, he is LVL 19 with a 19 valor LVL and I am almost maxed out on WZ comms.

I have been reading what I can about armor and the such but honestly it is a little beyond me right now. I am like who a what a :confused:. So how do I go about this, do I have to wait till LVL 53 and Valor 40 before buying PVP gear? Then isn't that wasting WZ comms? What armor LVLs (or what have you) are there? Partisan is low and Conquer is high? That goes for PVE armor also, my brain is fried trying to figure all this out. I have read the sticky above and am still not sure, except max out partisan till I can get conquer and I buy these at the PVP vendors on fleet right?

Also I read people talk about DOTing others, what is that? Sorry for all the noob dummy questions but only way I am going to learn. I feel like a old man ( not to old ) trying to learn a young man's game, thank you ahead of time.

Buy WZ Adrenals/Medpacs until you hit 40 Valor, then trade in your WZ Comms for Ranked Comms. As you get closer to 55, and you're very dilligent about returning items, you could buy level 40 weapons from the PVP dealer and return them 2 hours later. Basically, you want to hit 55 with full comms. You can sell stacks of 99 adrenals/medpacks for generally 80-100k

Buy warzone medpacks and adrenals until you hit valor 40 which at valor 40 you can start trading in warzone commendations into ranked at a 3:1 ratio. You are doing well to keep your valor current with your level as you cannot gain a higher valor than your current level until you reach 55.

Your main goal is to amass enough medpacks and adrenals as well as max out both your normal and regular commendations so when you hit level 55 you can work on getting your pvp gear.

Alright very new to PVP and MMOs for that matter. I created an OP to mainly PVP with, he is LVL 19 with a 19 valor LVL and I am almost maxed out on WZ comms.

I have been reading what I can about armor and the such but honestly it is a little beyond me right now. I am like who a what a :confused:. So how do I go about this, do I have to wait till LVL 53 and Valor 40 before buying PVP gear? Then isn't that wasting WZ comms? What armor LVLs (or what have you) are there? Partisan is low and Conquer is high? That goes for PVE armor also, my brain is fried trying to figure all this out. I have read the sticky above and am still not sure, except max out partisan till I can get conquer and I buy these at the PVP vendors on fleet right?

Also I read people talk about DOTing others, what is that? Sorry for all the noob dummy questions but only way I am going to learn. I feel like a old man ( not to old ) trying to learn a young man's game, thank you ahead of time.

DoT = Damage over Time

Your poison dart ability is a DoT for example. They don't deal significant damage instantly, but have periodic ticks that deal damage.

Buy warzone medpacks and adrenals until you hit valor 40 which at valor 40 you can start trading in warzone commendations into ranked at a 3:1 ratio. You are doing well to keep your valor current with your level as you cannot gain a higher valor than your current level until you reach 55.

Your main goal is to amass enough medpacks and adrenals as well as max out both your normal and regular commendations so when you hit level 55 you can work on getting your pvp gear.

Yeah. Or, if you wanna be a tryhard, you can buy the lowpie pvp weapons from the vendor to the right of the terminal for 900 comms each and refresh the refund timer on them at least every 2 hours so that it still returns comms on refund. You can have tens of thousands of comms to spend right when you hit 55 by doing this- just don't forget to refund any of them before 2 hours are up or you will hate yourself :)

valor can pass level at 50

At low level I'd get the level 20 pvp armor set at coruscant or droman kass. Same with level 40 gear. It looks cool, is orange, and decent for the level.

After you can get ranked comms max them out, so you have maxed ranked and normal comms like people said.

The 2 hour refund thing is a PITA and Partisan armor is not hard to grind out.

The more important part is to learn your class. Dig through all the forums on the class and skill trees so you can be a good pvp player. Also know what I takes to win the warzone. None of the warzones are won by the most kills (Ancient Hypergates is close but there is still more to it than DPS LOL!!!1).

Am I the only one that traded in WZ comms for planetary comms at low levels, and then used the planet ones to help keep geared on the way up? Maybe that was a stupid thing to do, but I almost exclusively PvPed to level, and I had no shortage of WZ comms or consumables. Once I hit 40 I stopped doing that, and started converting to ranked. I've been maxed out on both for several levels now and I've only made it up to lvl 53 so far.

As the above poster said you can also trade them in for Plan comms and upgrade your gear as you level or another good idea is to max them out at 100 and when you hit 50 you can trade those in for Makeb mods which are good until you get optimized Partisan gear.

I'll further explain on what others have said.

There are low level weapons on the PvP vendor. I think there's even level 14 stuff for 900 WZ comms. Here's the specific steps:

1) Max your WZ comms at level 20 or whenever

2) Buy the 900 comm weapons until you have 0 comms

3) Play WZs, and every time you get to 900, buy an additional weapon. Keep your total as low as possible

4) Every 2 hours, you must return to that same vendor like Cinderella. Re-sell your weapons for 900 comms, 1 at a time. Like this:

A) Sell a weapon (that's timer was running out) - Puts you at 900ish comms.

B) Buy the same weapon off the vendor (new timer of 2 hours) - Puts you back to 0 comms.

C) Repeat A+B for each weapon you have, to reset all of their timers

Note: Be sure to NOT sell ALL back at once. You will go over the cap and lose comms. You need to sell/buy 1 at a time.

You can do this all the way to level 40. Then at level 40, you can vendor 1 weapon and convert it all to ranked. Vendor a 2nd one and convert it all. Then a 3rd etc. You will probably re-max out your ranked and unranked comms before 55 so you will again use the above system once your maxed again. If you go full blown with this method, you can buy several conqueror pieces right when you turn 55.

Wow thank you guys, that really helps. I need to reread this again to make sure I got it, very good information.

So basically it is about managing my comms till I am higher leveled so I am maxed out when I hit 55.

Thank you for the DOT explaining, makes sense now. Been doing it without knowing that is what it is called, still need to do more of that. Also yes sir I do play the WZ for my team to win except maybe Hutt ball ( I am all over in that one, face palm), thank you for making sure I understand that.

I really appreciate all the help guys.

All the advice is good, but i would add you should try to take some extra credits and buy mk9 aug kits and augs before you get to max level.

You should also put together a cosmetic suit. Poor man's suit is the elegant formalwear from dromund kaas cantina for a few thousand credits.

When you get to 55, augment that gear and move the mods from your pvp mods into that suit. You can trade the partisan pieces up to conq without the mods and that way you dont have to aug the conq suit. By this point its cheaper to move the conq mods into a cosmetic suit than to aug a conq soon.

Thats assuming you didnt save enough comms to get full conq as soon as you hit 55. Thats a ton of items but possible to do, if you want to refund that many.

Edited by ErikGW