Make Legacy Level 40+ Mean Something!

Insidion

You've just trivialized legacy levels by allowing any kid with mommie's credit card to buy, via the CM, something that I have to be legacy level 40+ and have a million credits to buy in game.

Why can't legacy level mean something significant? You could have allowed the Ewok companion to be purchased via the CM for only those who were legacy level 40 and higher. You should have. I get that it's a cash-grab moment, and that the suits at EA love it when you fund their bonuses, but......

As a daily player with multiple level 55's who has been capped at legacy level 50 for well over a year, you're trivializing my time spent playing your game. Make legacy level 50 mean something. Make it necessary to play the game to get the best rewards, especially when it is something that the community is salivating for. You can't give it all up at level 10 to the highest bidder, it's an insult to your dedicated players.

As my grandmother used to say, "why buy the cow if the milk is free?" She was talking about dating, but you get the point. It's simply too much, too soon, and it you can get all the cool toys for no effort, then you're trivializing the entire legacy system.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've just trivialized legacy levels by allowing any kid with mommie's credit card to buy, via the CM, something that I have to be legacy level 40+ and have a million credits to buy in game.

Why can't legacy level mean something significant? You could have allowed the Ewok companion to be purchased via the CM for only those who were legacy level 40 and higher. You should have. I get that it's a cash-grab moment, and that the suits at EA love it when you fund their bonuses, but......

As a daily player with multiple level 55's who has been capped at legacy level 50 for well over a year, you're trivializing my time spent playing your game. Make legacy level 50 mean something. Make it necessary to play the game to get the best rewards, especially when it is something that the community is salivating for. You can't give it all up at level 10 to the highest bidder, it's an insult to your dedicated players.

As my grandmother used to say, "why buy the cow if the milk is free?" She was talking about dating, but you get the point. It's simply too much, too soon, and it you can get all the cool toys for no effort, then you're trivializing the entire legacy system.

Did you level all those characters simply to hit legacy level 50 or because you enjoyed those characters?

Of course I enjoy playing the game. However, it seems my time was wasted. i could just roll F2P today, spend 4 hours getting to level 10 (if even that long) and buy tons of cool stuff on the cartel market. As I said, that trivializes the legacy system.

Of course I enjoy playing the game. However, it seems my time was wasted. i could just roll F2P today, spend 4 hours getting to level 10 (if even that long) and buy tons of cool stuff on the cartel market. As I said, that trivializes the legacy system.

No, just the legacy system past a certain level no longer has a specific value. In fact with this character, level 40 DOES actually mean something if you refuse to buy cartel coins.

The entire system is not trivialized.

Your time was wasted? You're saying that you've paid hundreds of dollars leveling characters with no enjoyment, hoping for a single exclusive reward once you hit Legacy 40?

I would agree with that. While I didn't level characters specifically to hit legacy 50 (I play the game because I have fun playing the game), I do feel that the legacy system has been trivialized.

To be honest, Treek is not the issue. The lack of reward for time spent into a system that was DESIGNED as a reward for time spent system is what burns me. If we had actual rewards (not one title per ten levels, but perhaps access to a reputation vendor?) then people wouldn't care near so much about Treek. The issue, in my opinion, is that BW is dangling a reward out there for long-time subscribers saying "look what we're finally giving you" and then sayin "oh, but anyone can have it. So you're not special. No thanks for you." When the legacy system first came out, it was incredibly hyped up and a huge disappointment...and not much has been done to fix that.

If there were no legacy system, this wouldn't matter. However, there IS, and you do get a sense of achievement from hitting LL50. Except you have nothing to show for it except a little title to go under your name and the opportunity to spend credits to buy a handful of unlocks instead of cartel coins.

The very definition of "means something" --> You being legacy 40+ = never having to pay CCs to acquire Treek

Those people not legacy 40+ .... they have to suck it up and pay real incremental dollars to have what you have access to for free. OR they can do it old school and walk your path and distance and get Treek for free too.

OIC.... you wanted to have exclusivity..... you want to deny access to game content to anyone that did not walk your path and the same distance as you have. IC.

Get a clue.. MMOs .... they have changed over time. Adapt and change with them or retire from MMOs IMO.

Edited by Andryah

And if you have legacy 40, you don't have to use mommy's credit card, You can use in-game creds.

So your request has been answered.

But, wait, I get it. You want everyone else to see that you "work hard" playing a game.

:rolleyes:

I would agree with that. While I didn't level characters specifically to hit legacy 50 (I play the game because I have fun playing the game), I do feel that the legacy system has been trivialized.

The reward of playing the game is the fun of playing the game. If you need more than that, maybe you need to take a break.

Edited by branmakmuffin

And if you have legacy 40, you don't have to use mommy's credit card, You can use in-game creds.

So your request has been answered.

But, wait, I get it. You want everyone else to see that you "work hard" playing a game.

The reward of playing the game is the fun of playing the game. If you need more than that, maybe you need to take a break.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Masterful stroke good sir.

While I don't like the precedent of being able to buy a companion instead of questing at least once for it, I have no problem with the way it is. I'm LL 50 and a million credz is not hard to save up (unless it is a brutish HM/NiM Ops week.) I just don't like the fact that it is for sale at all like that. I would prefer it more if it were like the HK quest.

While I don't like the precedent of being able to buy a companion instead of questing at least once for it, I have no problem with the way it is. I'm LL 50 and a million credz is not hard to save up (unless it is a brutish HM/NiM Ops week.) I just don't like the fact that it is for sale at all like that. I would prefer it more if it were like the HK quest.

If you don't want to buy it with CC, you don't have to. Others buying it with CC has nothing to do with you.

Edited by branmakmuffin

OIC.... you wanted to have exclusivity..... you want to deny access to game content to anyone that did not walk your path and the same distance as you have. IC.

Get a clue.. MMOs .... they have changed over time. Adapt and change with them or retire from MMOs IMO.

It's unclear to me why these arguments don't apply when we talk about the rewards garnered from progression raiding.

I mean, why isn't the reward for clearing high end content the "fiero" moment when you and your teammates exult in victory over a boss? Why does that particular end game activity deserve exclusive tangible rewards that are otherwise unobtainable?

Why shouldn't people be allowed to buy top tier gear?

It's unclear to me why these arguments don't apply when we talk about the rewards garnered from progression raiding.

I mean, why isn't the reward for clearing high end content the "fiero" moment when you and your teammates exult in victory over a boss? Why does that particular end game activity deserve exclusive tangible rewards that are otherwise unobtainable?

Why shouldn't people be allowed to buy top tier gear?

Gear that has mechanical benefits is different from cosmetic gear. Apples and oranges. You only "need" top-tier gear if you do top-tier content.

If you don't want to buy it with CC, you don't have to. Others buying it with CC has nothing to do with you.

I said nothing about buying with CC. Where did you read that? I said I don't want it for sale at all. Companions should be introduced during quests. That's how all the rest are. So quit putting words in my mouth. I said I don't want it for sale at all, but with the current set up, I guess I am ok. Learn to read please.