This game needs a Comm Conversion System.

Slicksteezin

Similar to what Rift Online uses, Maxing out a certain currency limit just converts to the next highest currency, instead of just wasting away in your comm tab.

Example:

>Maxing out 1k classic comms converts to 200 basic comms

> Maxing out 1k basic comms converts to 200 elite comms

>Maxing out 400 elite comms converts to 100 Ultimate comms

This is just a quick example, i'm sure the arithmetic can be improved for better conversion. But this kind of system really does make a lot more sense and i don't see why it isn't implemented already.

I wouldn't care if the conversion rate was maxing=1 higher comm. I just want something to do with all of them. Going on guild runs for some stuff has just gotten pointless due to maxing classic comms.

Yep, i'm sure many people feel this away about it. Thanks for feedback

The principle of your idea isn't bad, but you've got the conversion backwards. You should not be able to buy up to higher level comms by doing more lower level content, that would make the higher level comms completely pointless. If they were to do it should be that:

Ultimate comms can convert to Elite

Elite can convert to Basic

Basic can convert to Classic

Classic can be sold for straight credits

The principle of your idea isn't bad, but you've got the conversion backwards. You should not be able to buy up to higher level comms by doing more lower level content, that would make the higher level comms completely pointless. If they were to do it should be that:

Except that would be totally pointless... You trade Basic comms (which can be used to buy rather ok implant schems, relics, Isotope...) for Classic comms (which are used for... ummmm... getting crap gear for your comps which you never use in endgame since you do ops and hm fp instead?)

Yeah, seems legit.

Dont get me wrong, I see your point and agree with that in case of reverse Ultimate would be pointless since you could get them without even touching anything else but 50 FP and dailes, but if you make it like this (similar to WZ/RWZ)

40 Classic = 1 Basic

40 Basic = 1 Elite

40 Elite = 1 Ultimate

By doing some math you will end up needing LOADS of Classic to get only one Ultimate. Since you get them on dailies you cant farm them and pretty much problem is solved...

It would prefectly make sense, since you would need crapload to have some decent gear. It would be either "do crapload of stupid missions" or "do some ops and get it more quickly"

I think it could work, since I still have loads of unassembled gear from pre 2.0 that I have to convert to Classic and nothing to buy with them.

Edited by SettGirkkurn

You should not get ultimate comms without doing to top level content. Period.

The reason that down grading them is not pointless is because it would allow you to make alot more money off the useless comms. Especially since one of the only ways to get Isotope 5 mats and the Only way to get the purple crafted implants is from Basic Comms. This would give rates the option to trade their ultimate or elite comms that they don't need anymore for Basic and be able to buy those things without grinding out dailies.

This.

it would be stupid to convert up. you should NEVER be able to convert UP. if you want the higher tier/comm stuff then do the OPs/etc associated with it....if you're not. then you HAVE NO NEED FOR THE GEAR OF THAT TIER ANYWAY

what they should do is just put in some credit/crafting mat boxes like PvP has...so if you're maxed you can just trade them in for credits/mats.

But trade up? no...no. just no.

This.

it would be stupid to convert up. you should NEVER be able to convert UP. if you want the higher tier/comm stuff then do the OPs/etc associated with it....if you're not. then you HAVE NO NEED FOR THE GEAR OF THAT TIER ANYWAY

what they should do is just put in some credit/crafting mat boxes like PvP has...so if you're maxed you can just trade them in for credits/mats.

But trade up? no...no. just no.

Taken that in consideration then its completely unacceptable that you can convert WZ comms to RWZ comms without actually playing ranked WZ?

If someone wants to spend lifetime and then some for getting 1 piece of 162 gear let them have it. Since most people would just convert classic to basics and leave it as is. And I would rather get some gear and have it RE'd than convert down from ultimate to elite/elite to basics. Main issue here is that you cant buy anything remotely useful with classic comms, rather to have it farmed and gear yourself up...

I completely support a conversion in the opposite way you suggest, I see absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to trade Ultimate for Elite (going down) and etc.

However you should NEVER be able to trade up. At least for PvE. Arguing that you can in PvP is pointless, the gear progression is completely different than PvE.

The simple fact is, if you are not getting enough Ultimate coms (or whatever coms you need) to get the gear, you simply don't need the gear. End of discussion. YOu can not give me a valid reason you need this gear.

And again its not about the gear, its about the fact that you cant do **** with classic comms.

And if you convert them up by rate 40 for 1, you end up with 64,000 classics needed for 1 ultimate.

And its quite some time you would need to farm them.

As of PVP/PVE, what makes you say so? In pve, you can get crafting mats, boxes, planetary comms, money and so on which is not needed at all for PVP players.

As said, Im fine with up conversion, since it would take about 3 years to gear yourself by only farming classic comms.

You cannot gear yourself by only doing classic comms if conversion is on 1:40. Theoretically you could in couple of years.

So either conversion or SOMETHING to spend them on is both acceptable for me.

Taken that in consideration then its completely unacceptable that you can convert WZ comms to RWZ comms without actually playing ranked WZ?

If someone wants to spend lifetime and then some for getting 1 piece of 162 gear let them have it. Since most people would just convert classic to basics and leave it as is. And I would rather get some gear and have it RE'd than convert down from ultimate to elite/elite to basics. Main issue here is that you cant buy anything remotely useful with classic comms, rather to have it farmed and gear yourself up...

I think the difference between PvE and PvP here is the E and P.

If the upper level PvP gear could only be attained from rateds but those people did both regular PvP and rateds then they would faceroll everyone not in rateds. That's not an issue in PvE cause you don't play other players. But even given that I've always thought how they do PvP comms is stupid, it shouldn't trade up. There should be a different way this is handled.

So either conversion or SOMETHING to spend them on is both acceptable for me.

I've long said that they should just let you sell comms at the vendor for credits. Especially with the return window making it kinda difficult to buy gear just to vendor. Convert down or convert to credits, but never convert up.

I think the difference between PvE and PvP here is the E and P.

If the upper level PvP gear could only be attained from rateds but those people did both regular PvP and rateds then they would faceroll everyone not in rateds. That's not an issue in PvE cause you don't play other players. But even given that I've always thought how they do PvP comms is stupid, it shouldn't trade up. There should be a different way this is handled.

1 ultimate = 64000 classics

Think about it, and then tell me who in the right mind would do it.

Edited by SettGirkkurn

1 ultimate = 64000 classics

Think about it, and then tell me who in the right mind would do it.

No one is concerned about people trading up classics. The concern is trading up Elites. If it were as useless as you're trying to make it out to be, you wouldn't be fighting for it so stop acting like we're stupid.

The issue I see with being able to convert comms down is the same issue a lot of people have with converting up....how easy it would be to get high level gear. I think if they introduced a system of converting down it would be MUCH easier to get isotope 5, which at least in my opinion is one of the most difficult crafting materials to gather to craft 72 gear.

Not to mention if you could then also trade classics for credits you have people with even more money, which then means the purchase of MMSG's and EEE's becomes much more feasible. I do think the system is a little odd and could be improved, but I am not sure that trading comms down is the right solution either.. From my perspective, it would still make 72s available to someone who only runs 55hm FP's (elites, then converted to basics used to purchase Isotope for crafting).

I understand the gear issue with converting down would not be nearly as widespread as if comms were able to be converted up. However, right now I think the grind required for gathering isotope (given the limited access to basics) is appropriate to craft 72s. You should only get 72s from high level content or spending ridiculous amounts of creds AND time to gather mats for crafting.

Aren't there things you can buy on the vendor then post to the GTN? Can't you at least turn comms into credits this way?

Srs question; I haven't cared to try this.

Most things bought with Comms are bound. Only exceptions I can think of are all basic comms stuff. Isotope-5 can be sold on GTN, I think that's about it, possibly some of the stuff from the planetary comm boxes. With basic comms you can also buy schematics and sell the gear you make off the schematics, but not the schematics themselves.

Similar to what Rift Online uses, Maxing out a certain currency limit just converts to the next highest currency, instead of just wasting away in your comm tab.

Example:

This is just a quick example, i'm sure the arithmetic can be improved for better conversion. But this kind of system really does make a lot more sense and i don't see why it isn't implemented already.

It would really make it too easy to get some of the best gear out there. You'd be able to run NiM Ops just after collecting enough dailies.

Mmm...

I like the idea simply because of the max amounts you accumulate in the planetary commendation side, it is not enough to save enough credits to take care of your alt and one companion with regards to fully upgrade all mods, it even is not enough when you try to mod you rmain with level 50 shields, hilts, mods, and enhancements...

So if the limits can't be removed, then I support the planetary ones convert to classics, at the rate of 100 planetary commendations (the max) into 1 classic commendations.

It will also make sense to be able to accumulate the amx number of classics into 1 basic and so forth as well.

Its like why carry 100 pennies in yoru purse, when you could have a single dollar bill instead?

With regards of playing the content to qualify for the upper stuff, who cares? Its a game. So someone super save to buy raid armor, even if I never raid, so what? How in the world could it hurt a player who went to the raids and expeditiously acquires the "ultimate" armor, while another player endured boring after boring daily to eventually after months of savings finally afford a piece of unique armor?

I truly believe the original suggestion of the OP is actually quite friendly to the diverse playing styles of the many players, as opposed to catering to a particular playing style at the expense of many others, which I would think would be a bad business decision for Bioware.

Sue