Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What were they thinking?

Royox

So...if dealing vs Operatives wasn't hard enought with their vanish, stuns, and Stealth...now they have that roll they can do 4 times in a row to get out of combat and use normal stealth...what the hell? Was it really needed? I understand the "1 roll" to the Slinger...that was needed as they had not a single skill to scape from melees....but 4 rolls for a class that can use stealth and vanish?? What were they Thinking???

Yes, I just started doing PVP since 2.0 came out and I don't understand some changes...still mad at "force barrier".

So...if dealing vs Operatives wasn't hard enought with their vanish, stuns, and Stealth...now they have that roll they can do 4 times in a row to get out of combat and use normal stealth...what the hell? Was it really needed? I understand the "1 roll" to the Slinger...that was needed as they had not a single skill to scape from melees....but 4 rolls for a class that can use stealth and vanish?? What were they Thinking???

Yes, I just started doing PVP since 2.0 came out and I don't understand some changes...still mad at "force barrier".

Considering ops are completely OUT of energy after 4 rolls, it isn't that game breaking. If you're good you can catch an op right when they vanish. No problem here, move on.

Considering ops are completely OUT of energy after 4 rolls, it isn't that game breaking. If you're good you can catch an op right when they vanish. No problem here, move on.

They do 4 rolls, get out of combat, stealth, keep walking while regenerating energy...profit.

I think I can't even use my harpoon on them while rolling.

They do 4 rolls, get out of combat, stealth, keep walking while regenerating energy...profit.

technically, you can. but you cannot target them while rolling. so you need to have them already targeted.

If any Operative or Scoundrel with enough neurons to form a synapse makes it through the first door in Voidstar while stealthed, that game is OVER.

It's called Electro-Net. The hard counters to Scoundrel have absolutely no issues shutting the class down. It's not over powered.

Im trying to think when I saw Han Solo or one of the Admirals on the Fleet do a 'Scamper' - erm... Dumbest thing I have seen in PvP tbh. They can even out run a Force user because of the 15 second cool down they have, they can heal/scamper/heal/scamper - you can the idea.

But Bioware have always been sleeping with this class since launch so its to be expected.

So who are they healing or attacking when roll, roll, vanish, linger around doing nothing and waiting for E to recharge?

Edited by kweassa

Seriously, does energy look like an issue in this video?

Really sick of people saying you're out of energy after 4 rolls. It's just not true at all.

My main issue is that I thought pvp was pretty balanced pre-2.0. So if it was balanced then, think about the new abilities given to each class, and then think about which one you'd want the most, regardless of class. Given the choice, I'd take scamper/exfiltrate and force barrier hands down before any of the other skills. The rest of the skills are pretty even, except shoulder cannon, which is by itself at the bottom of the list. Shoulder cannon is only valuable in guarding the pylon in ancient hypergates, and has little utility elsewhere.

So if you're like me and felt like things were fairly balanced pre-2.0, then some classes were obviously given an edge since I don't believe the new abilities added are of equal utility.

I'm getting sick of these scouperative-healers-are-OP and/or anti-roll threads.

1. If you roll a few times in a row you run out of energy.

2. Healers are certainly not OP. If you look at the total HPS done in a WZ, it's absolutely in line with the DPS.

3. If you can't beat good players, there's loads of topics in the forums that teach you the basics of PvP. l2p.

For further info on the above argumentation, check this.

Edited by Cretinus

Really sick of people saying you're out of energy after 4 rolls. It's just not true at all.

My main issue is that I thought pvp was pretty balanced pre-2.0. So if it was balanced then, think about the new abilities given to each class, and then think about which one you'd want the most, regardless of class. Given the choice, I'd take scamper/exfiltrate and force barrier hands down before any of the other skills. The rest of the skills are pretty even, except shoulder cannon, which is by itself at the bottom of the list. Shoulder cannon is only valuable in guarding the pylon in ancient hypergates, and has little utility elsewhere.

So if you're like me and felt like things were fairly balanced pre-2.0, then some classes were obviously given an edge since I don't believe the new abilities added are of equal utility.

1. that operative is not a healer

2. that operative was extreemly lucky with random drop from jump thing

3. other team is bad

4. pvp was balanced pre 2.0 mostly yes, tell that to merc/comando dps and sorcerers dps, bubble stun fest rings the bell? my pt loves his shoulder cannon, no one will stun and cap under my PT tank :cool:

5. were you that 3 button PT pyro in pre.2.0 and that's why you think 'it was balanced and should stay that way'? :rolleyes:

Edited by Atramar

Just because this guy in this video was able to retain a little under half of his energy from rolling to the ball does not mean that other ops do it the same way. I've seen people do nothing but roll straight to the ball and have no energy left to do anything, and obviously if they use AP then they'll be waiting another 2 minutes for that to come off CD. For what purpose? To get to the ball first? If anyone is smart enough, they'll mop the floor with the op when they get to the ball. I've seen it happen and I'm sure other people have seen it happen. OP roll is not OP whatsoever, it expends 1/4th of the energy everytime it's used. Not to mention if it's abused, you're LEFT OUT OF ENERGY lol. This guy in the video was able to manage it by not abusing it, good for him.

and sorcerers dps, bubble stun fest rings the bell?

That was the ONLY counter to the smash trains and that's why people used it. People didnt waste a bunch of points in the tele tree just to mess with other players. Another difference is that bubble didnt win objectives, like the rolls do. On a personal level I didnt consider it a problem at all. I do however consider it to be a problem that one guy can be on the next door in voidstar before I've even reached the bridge or has the ball before I've reached the top of the ramp.

Not really sure what you people base your scenariors on. Is it ranked? Try the other 98,3 % of all games played, the normal warzones. I wouldnt even say that scoundrel is balanced for ranked, it's just that the 8 players on the other teams are prepared for it by bringing their own operative. Nor is operative in any way making the games more fun or interesting. In normal warzones you only get to pick a maximum of half the players and if the warzone has 15 average players and one really talented one you better hope that the good one isnt an operative (healer) because he will single handedly win the game. No other class can do that to the same extent, simply because they don't have the tools.

Edited by MidichIorian

That was the ONLY counter to the smash trains and that's why people used it. People didnt waste a bunch of points in the tele tree just to mess with other players. Another difference is that bubble didnt win objectives, like the rolls do. On a personal level I didnt consider it a problem at all. I do however consider it to be a problem that one guy can be on the next door in voidstar before I've even reached the bridge or has the ball before I've reached the top of the ramp.

Not really sure what you people base your scenariors on. Is it ranked? Try the other 98,3 % of all games played, the normal warzones. I wouldnt even say that scoundrel is balanced for ranked, it's just that the 8 players on the other teams are prepared for it by bringing their own operative. Nor is operative in any way making the games more fun or interesting. In normal warzones you only get to pick a maximum of half the players and if the warzone has 15 average players and one really talented one you better hope that the good one isnt an operative (healer) because he will single handedly win the game. No other class can do that to the same extent, simply because they don't have the tools.

no it wasn't only counter. It made playing assassin dps miserable. With not much expierience in doing sorc/sage pvp I could easly stop lots of caps with simple bubble flash, heck, 'my skill' with bubble almost made me into pvp republic guild - but I waited for my *sister* guild (friends with my imp guild) to invite me , so I gently refused...

you know what stopps roll? slow. But since most slow abilities don't do damage, 98% dps don't use them.

yes yes, one talented operative healer can win a game... voidstar is good example tho, if I'm on operative and my oponents are dumb enouth to keep fighting what ever they see, I can usualy cap the bridge and in stealth for middle door, and then open force field before any one notices... but it takes bad oponents to do that, and a bit of cooperation in your squad.

as for tools, assassin tank with stealth and pull can make a huttbal from 0:3 to 6:3, even if his team is not so bright.

and before you jump on me that I'm defending my class, my operative healer is my alt, my main pug char is dps assassin and main team char is jugg tank. cause I loooove tanking :rolleyes:

Edited by Atramar

I understand the "1 roll" to the Slinger...that was needed as they had not a single skill to scape from melees

I'm afraid that is a learn to play issue. Sniper/Gunsligner didn't need a roll. It's just baddies were super bad and positioned themselves besides walls that good melee players will abuse to eat the knockback.

Im trying to think when I saw Han Solo or one of the Admirals on the Fleet do a 'Scamper' - erm... Dumbest thing I have seen in PvP tbh. They can even out run a Force user because of the 15 second cool down they have, they can heal/scamper/heal/scamper - you can the idea.

But Bioware have always been sleeping with this class since launch so its to be expected.

Yeah that must be why there is the joke "nerf operatives" cuz they are so in bed with them that they have been nerfed like 4 times. This is a TOTALY REDICULOUS post.

Sentinel marauder is the Favorited class.

Smuggs and agents FINALY got SOMETHING and its tear day in cryville

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.