PvP in this game is miserable

ManCandy

Again..the point I am trying to make is simply that "skill" has very little to do with the character you choose to play or how hard said character can hit for example. And much more to do with the things described ad nauseum in this thread. Balance remains the topic at hand, For Example, the fact that my concealment Operative can not perform at the same level as my deception sin has nothing to do with my particular skill set and much more to do with just how ineffective concealment is which is why you wont see conceal ops represented in rWZ's.

and you see how many deception sins in ranked?

concealment operatives are fine, I'm playing one as off spec, and it's fun and good. Acctually, I find concealment to down and control single enemies better, but it takes more concentration then Sin (might be cause I play sin more).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All classes and speccs have their strengths and weaknesses. A good player can make a class and/or specc shine that would look underpowered in the hands of a bad player.

I very successfully play every single specc of every single class and I don't think that there's lack of balance at all.

Edited by Cretinus

Tanks shouldn't have the ability to lock down targets the way they do, they copied that from WoW.

Oh yes, they coppied that from WoW. Blizzard is NOT stupid (just look at WoW - mandatory subs AND in game stores :)) and they know, that having tanks in PvP is NOT FUN:

The problem is that when tanks are having fun in PvP, I'm not sure anyone else is.

Since 5.3 and "Picking up the Alliance or Horde flag while in a Rated Battleground now increases damage taken by 50% for characters in a tanking specialization" change I haven't seen a single tank in PvP enviroment. And that's how it's supposed to be, because beating on a tank is same boring stuff like beating a PvE mob.

Again..the point I am trying to make is simply that "skill" has very little to do with the character you choose to play or how hard said character can hit for example. And much more to do with the things described ad nauseum in this thread. Balance remains the topic at hand, For Example, the fact that my concealment Operative can not perform at the same level as my deception sin has nothing to do with my particular skill set and much more to do with just how ineffective concealment is which is why you wont see conceal ops represented in rWZ's.

I agree with you. Does it take skill to add force crush to a player. Get 3 stacks of buff and smash = NOPE

That is the greatest argument for balance needed in this game

I agree with you. Does it take skill to add force crush to a player. Get 3 stacks of buff and smash = NOPE

That is the greatest argument for balance needed in this game

I've played every specc in this game and I can tell you that smash is surely not half as OP as people think. You only have to know how to counter it.

I've played every specc in this game and I can tell you that smash is surely not half as OP as people think. You only have to know how to counter it.

QFT ;)

I like dealing with smash monkeys. they'r always so suprised when they die....

All classes and speccs have their strengths and weaknesses. A good player can make a class and/or specc shine that would look underpowered in the hands of a bad player.

I very successfully play every single specc of every single class and I don't think that there's lack of balance at all.

You successfully play a madness sin? Props if you can.

You successfully play a madness sin? Props if you can.

Madness sin is not necessarily weaker than any other specc. Of course, if you want to produce kills in the middle of a zerg you'll find yourself collecting respawns. Your role is much rather to control other players and help your team. If you're willing to do this, you'll see how great this specc can be.

Madness sin is not necessarily weaker than any other specc. Of course, if you want to produce kills in the middle of a zerg you'll find yourself collecting respawns. Your role is much rather to control other players and help your team. If you're willing to do this, you'll see how great this specc can be.

I personally love madness but when 2.0 hit madness got hit big time with the nerf hammer with the removal of shock, maul and instant WW which drastically reduced the chances of finishing off targets. Imho its the worst spec in the game, it brings absolutely nothing as every other spec brings something better to the table. This is probably why its the rarest spec in PvP.

I am not saying it cannot be played well and I wouldn't say the role is limited to controlling other players since I at this point I honestly don't know what the roll is of that spec anymore. Which is why I play a hybrid of the class which brings a tad more utility and spike damage.

Snap and you soon fine which are the cookie cutter spec's that work and which ones are crap....

And you can play every spec, whether you play it awesome or just play it is another thing