Will it be possible to call of duty the pvp?

Klalose

Is this possible from a technology point of view and would you want it?

In Battlegrounds/Arenas the ability to switch characters/classes on the fly like call of duty, you would see a screen pop up when your dead with a list of your characters and you simple select which one and you respawn as that character/class.

I don't think this is earth shattering stuff here and it allows you to just do battlegrounds and pvp without having to log out.

obviously this is not realistic in the persistent world aspect of the game at least I don't think it is but man how awesome would this be? It's one of the big appeals of call of duty and could really get people excited for the game!

Is this possible from a technology point of view and would you want it?

In Battlegrounds/Arenas the ability to switch characters/classes on the fly like call of duty, you would see a screen pop up when your dead with a list of your characters and you simple select which one and you respawn as that character/class.

I don't think this is earth shattering stuff here and it allows you to just do battlegrounds and pvp without having to log out.

obviously this is not realistic in the persistent world aspect of the game at least I don't think it is but man how awesome would this be? It's one of the big appeals of call of duty and could really get people excited for the game!

Yes, how 'bout you go play CoD? Cuz, that's what I do when I wanna play L33tz FPS *****z

If you're looking for THAT kind of PvP... You need to go to a different game.

being able to change your character after you die is not exactly game changing mechanics. Telling someone to go to a different game for wanting to add a modern feature is childish at best.

being able to change your character after you die is not exactly game changing mechanics. Telling someone to go to a different game for wanting to add a modern feature is childish at best.

It might not be game changing for FPS pvp, but what MMORPG has a feature like that? It goes totally against the idea of an RPG.

I am really confused by this post. How in the world is instant summoning an alt going to revitalize pvp in this game?

Or even be something most people want? Most people put days into a character, they're not just going to hotswap between them every match like they have ADD.

Is that how 'modern' gamers play?

No...I would go so far as saying respecing shouldn't be allowed in a match. You know what's awesome? Facing a team that has 1 or no healers, for them to respawn and have 4. Now imagine if people could swap to alts.

So, no.

Possible?

Yes.

Does it belong in an MMORPG?

No.

Red part added. I agree that it definitely doesn't fit in this game's PVP. Maybe in other MMOs that are not RPGs, but here? Please, just... no.

Edited by leene

It's called field respec and some people claim some use a macro with coordinate positioning clicks which allow respec in mere seconds(which from my understanding is against the ToS). Myself, if i get in a match that has too many healers then i will respec before the match starts, while waiting in the spawn. Thing is i usually forget to relock my hotbars and lose some skills while turning or planting aoes.