Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why am I grinding "PVP" gear?

FourPawnBenoni

In War Zones I can wear average PVE gear and get bolstered within 95% of conqueror

In Open World PVP events, I can wear average PVE gear and get bolstered within 95%

Is it truly just for the occassional fight in the daily areas? Seems like a whole lot of work for not much application.

First, if you're in high end-PvE gear you'll be stuck with less than 1400 expertise. Add to this that a couple of classes have to stack certain stats for PvE that arent needed in PvP (accuracy), that means less of the other enhancements and all of a sudden you're on the same level as Conq BUT with way less boosts from expertise. So no, PvE heroes arent rolling anyone.

Second, is it really a grind if your intention was to play warzones anyway? I'm not a fan of bolster but "the grind" is simply not a valid argument in the discussion. My problem with it is that it doesnt make sense to have a PvP set seemingly "just for the hell of it" when you, through combinations of lvl 54 gear, can come very close to the same stats.

Edited by MidichIorian

First, if you're in high end-PvE gear you'll be stuck with less than 1400 expertise. Add to this that a couple of classes have to stack certain stats for PvE that arent needed in PvP (accuracy), that means less of the other enhancements and all of a sudden you're on the same level as Conq BUT with way less boosts from expertise. So no, PvE heroes arent rolling anyone.

Second, is it really a grind if your intention was to play warzones anyway? I'm not a fan of bolster but "the grind" is simply not a valid argument in the discussion. My problem with it is that it doesnt make sense to have a PvP set seemingly "just for the hell of it" when you, through combinations of lvl 54 gear, can come very close to the same stats.

Exactly, I'm not talking about "high end" PVE gear. I stated "average" PVE gear. So this would be combination of lvl 66 pieces and a few 69's mixed in.

You augmented the gear you knew you were going to have to turn in? Interesting choice.

why do they make us turn in the lower tier gear anyway? if it's just a way of inflating the cost of the conqueror gear, they should just include a token that you get when you purchase the partisan and make you turn in that token when you buy the conqueror

why do they make us turn in the lower tier gear anyway? if it's just a way of inflating the cost of the conqueror gear, they should just include a token that you get when you purchase the partisan and make you turn in that token when you buy the conqueror

It probably served a purpose way back when. But with the set bonuses moved to the armorings and the ease of obtaining augments on all your gear that purpose probably no longer exists.

Why am I grinding "PVP" gear?

Because you don't have a girlfriend?

Jk. But expertise is huge. Lets say you are using PvE stuff and are missing 5% expertise bonus.

My standard 2k damage attacks will all get 100 bonus damage vs you. All day long. Your standard 2k attacks will all get -100 damage, all day long. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but that's the equivalent of 500 power.

So the PvP has the equivalent of +500 power (against a PvE toon) and also has more HP. And more mitigation.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

The kits plus the cost of using it can be pretty pricey. It's half a mill just to use them never mind the time/cost of crafting/buying them.

He mentions 1.7M, that's the cost of a full kit including augments.

You asked the question, yet you also stated the answer...

The additional 5%

How much more do you want? really? i know lets just give everyone in full PvP an "I Win" button, how would that be?

5% plus increased knowledge of how to play the class in a PvP setting should be more than enough to win most encounters short of getting caught with low resource of on a lot of cool-downs in which case nothing less than 30-50% would help you so... what exactly do you want?

The kits plus the cost of using it can be pretty pricey. It's half a mill just to use them never mind the time/cost of crafting/buying them.

Yeah, thats why I lol at all the new outfits Bioware puts out. As if I'm going to pay to re-augment a new set of gear on top of spending CC on it. They should all come augmented with MK-9 kits by default.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.