Beniboybling

And the Empire is?

Assertor

Aggressor

Dominator

Destroyer

Executor

etc. etc.

I didn't even look them up, I'm just guessing - but I bet you the are all Imperial warships. :D

Tbh, what else are you meant to call them? "The Cheekfnwnrohwbrbfi", "The Odbendiwjx"... "The Selenial"?

Actually, I'd love a ship called the Selenial.... But still :p

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Empire is?

Assertor

Aggressor

Dominator

Destroyer

Executor

etc. etc.

I didn't even look them up, I'm just guessing - but I bet you the are all Imperial warships. :D

Well, I never said that the Empire was good with names. Their ship names usually have something to do with MAIM KILL BURN!!!!! :D

It's best if the SE just hunkers down and plays defensively.

Agreed.

And Krayt is the type of leader to lead the charge and fight from the front lines. He doesn't fear death, after all. Letting the KV come to the SE's playing field is probably the best course of action.

They're assassin droids. I'm not sure what else needs to be said.

To be honest, HK-50s were never impressive to me. One is not a match for a Jedi, hell, 1 couldn't even take out a Meetra Surik who had barely recovered from a crash, had no saber and barely had any ties to the force...

HK-47 could have :D

I think one HK-47 is worth many HK-50s, due to his modifications, and the HK-50s are overrated IMHO.

To be honest, HK-50s were never impressive to me. One is not a match for a Jedi, hell, 1 couldn't even take out a Meetra Surik who had barely recovered from a crash, had no saber and barely had any ties to the force...

HK-47 could have :D

I think one HK-47 is worth many HK-50s, due to his modifications, and the HK-50s are overrated IMHO.

They are so very overrated.

They're assassin droids. I'm not sure what else needs to be said.

Ok and? Just because they are assassin droids, doesn't really mean that they would actually be able to take on Jedi despite being designed for it. Is there any evidence of them actually killing Jedi in lore? Other then being designed for it?

I have no doubt they would be able to kill normal beings, I am just trying to see about this "design to kill Jedi" bit.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Except for the fact that Darth Traya was standing right there helping her....:confused:

Traya could unleash fractions of her power, she also couldn't fight with proper saber styles, and she considered doing everything for the exile beneath her....

Hence I said one droid couldn't, Traya and Atton/Bao Dur have the other 2...

TBH, I don't see the SE getting anywhere with hit-and-run tactics. Judging from the map, the KV's worlds are entrenched in the Core and Deep Core, making hyperspace travel difficult. And then there's the fact that the KV has powerful interdictor ships to keep whatever SE vessels that do attack from fleeing.

It's best if the SE just hunkers down and plays defensively.

Well hit and run tactics are going would lend itself to that, essentially the while KV searches for the location of their various bases, the SE just slowly bleeds them dry. It will be a slow laborious process in which the SE can build more and more HK-50 assassin droids, vehicles etc. while the ships orbiting the planets can be captured by said droids. As the KV holes itself up in the Core, continuously dispatching small portions of its force to various worlds the SE will rout these forces and turn them against them.

Essentially the KV will grow progressively weaker and weaker and the SE stronger and stronger. Bearing in mind that by capturing troopers, ships etc. the SE gets access to intel and can find out ways to infiltrate the Deep Core. Though the most effective method will be to draw them out.

Note I'm not saying that the SE is going to win, I think I'm going to adopt a policy of countering as and when the come regardless of who they are coming from.

Ok and? Just because they are assassin droids, doesn't really mean that they would actually be able to take on Jedi despite being designed for it. Is there any evidence of them actually killing Jedi in lore? Other then being designed for it?

I have no doubt they would be able to kill normal beings, I am just trying to see about this "design to kill Jedi" bit.

I don't think anyone is saying here that a couple of HK-50 droids are going to take down Talon and Krayt. But you can't deny that as assassin droids they are going to do a pretty good job of killing everyone else.

And they are designed to kill Jedi so yeah... don't see what the problem is.

Is there any evidence of them actually killing Jedi in lore? Other then being designed for it?

Kinda. Is their a specific example of them killing Jedi Joe? No. However, they served Revan during his campaign against the Jedi and Republic. And a lot of Jedi died in that war. Revan wouldn't have used them if they weren't good at doing what they're meant to do.

Well hit and run tactics are going would lend itself to that, essentially the while KV searches for the location of their various bases, the SE just slowly bleeds them dry.

That will only work if the KV goes on the offensive. Which they will of course, but the SE can't really make hit-and-run attacks. The only world that they can really hit is Foerost, but Interdiction fields make hit-and-run tactics impossible.

And then there's the fact that the KV can produce replacement ships (using Foerost and Byss) and droids (using Vulpter and Koros Major) very quickly. It is unlikely that the SE can just 'bleed' the KV out. Especially with its inability to properly attack the majority of the KV's worlds.

It's going to become a war of attrition, and the unassailable position of the KV gives it a very big edge in this regard.

Note I'm not saying that the SE is going to win, I think I'm going to adopt a policy of countering as and when the come regardless of who they are coming from.

Fair enough.

Kinda. Is their a specific example of them killing Jedi Joe? No. However, they served Revan during his campaign against the Jedi and Republic. And a lot of Jedi died in that war. Revan wouldn't have used them if they weren't good at doing what they're meant to do.

Yes a lot of Jedi did...but there lies the problem, we don't know how the Jedi died. Sure Revan could use the HK-50s, but do we know how they fair against Jedi? For all we know, there could have been certain circumstances that enabled an HK-50 to kill Jedi, they could have just killed Padawans, or they could have just been sent to kill Republic officers or soliders?....

Examples are key here, otherwise all we have to go by are vague things which doesn't really help.

What I really am trying to say here is, just because an HK-50 was designed to kill Jedi doesn't mean they can't be taken out by a normal being, they are just droids after all they don't have any super powers.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

That will only work if the KV goes on the offensive. Which they will of course, but the SE can't really make hit-and-run attacks. The only world that they can really hit is Foerost, but Interdiction fields make hit-and-run tactics impossible.

And then there's the fact that the KV can produce replacement ships (using Foerost and Byss) and droids (using Vulpter and Koros Major) very quickly. It is unlikely that the SE can just 'bleed' the KV out. Especially with its inability to properly attack the majority of the KV's worlds.

It's going to become a war of attrition, and the unassailable position of the KV gives it a very big edge in this regard.

I mean hit and run attacks on the ground, think Hope trailer. Imagine, the 501st Legion is marching through the forest then BAM! there ambushed by Legionnaire droids who appear from all angles, plowing into them with heavy weaponry. Above swarm dozens of Mandalorian Supercommandos reigning down missiles on the distracted troopers the touching down to engage in lethal close combat. Meanwhile, hidden within the trees, on cliff tops or even in the trees HK-50 assassin droids systematically eliminate troopers from afar. Counterattacking any attempts to route the attackers. And then in move the tanks and them and any vehicles off.

All the while there transmissions are being jammed and they are unable to call for reinforcements. Once the job is done, the Mando's retreat and wait for the next unsuspecting patrol. Hit and run.

But yes, the Deep Core does provide a massive advantage of the KV.

Beni, but the numbers are seriously going to pile up, sooner rather than later, the 501st aren't just regular clone troopers every one of them is considered elite, they are the best legion of the entire Clone Wars and Vader hand-picked them as his personal legion Vader's Fist, he personally combed through the countless squads of the Empire for replacements and to make sure his legion was the best without doubt.

And whilst yes the SE has strong vehicles, you are assuming they would remain undetected, I have more than enough units to scout out areas, the probe droids, the Krath War Droids that are entirely replaceable, Fury-class starfighters combing through from above...

Then we have the heavy hitters, the AT-AT, the AT-ST, Tank droids, countless different missile launcher vehicles and then the super heavy hitter, the AT-AHT, which would be more than enough for any Mandalorian vehicle.

Edited by LadyKulvax

You don't have the AT-AHT. It was never used by the 501st. Or the Krath War droids. Or Arakyd Industries.

When did I state I'd use anything other than combined forces? I am at a loss to what you're arguing against, just because the 501st didn't have them, doesn't mean I cannot make them.

If you are inferring that they were never part of my faction, you're wrong, both the Fel Empire and the One Sith deployed them in battle, it was actually Krayt's pet vehicle.

Edited by LadyKulvax

When did I state I'd use anything other than combined forces? I am at a loss to what you're arguing against, just because the 501st didn't have them, doesn't mean I cannot make them.

You can only make what your supplier makes, if Warren was correct about Arakyd not making them, then have them, you cannot :csw_yoda:

Edited by Selenial

You can only make what your supplier makes, if Warren was correct about Arakyd not making them, then have them, you cannot :csw_yoda:

So I am only allowed to make Tank Droids, Probes and some ships? then how am I building Krath War Droids from Koros Major? I thought the only thing that mattered with things like vehicles or fighters was that they were faction affiliated and considering that Pallaeons and the Imperious actively carried them into combat missions....

And Krayt loved them due to their success rate.

I have three different affiliations with the vehicle.

So I am only allowed to make Tank Droids, Probes and some ships? then how am I building Krath War Droids from Koros Major? I thought the only thing that mattered with things like vehicles or fighters was that they were faction affiliated and considering that Pallaeons and the Imperious actively carried them into combat missions....

And Krayt loved them due to their success rate.

I have three different affiliations with the vehicle.

Your Krath war droids are different, theoretically their schematics would be easily learnt from your manufacturers... For all intents and purposes, nothing beyond your ground force, naval force, and supply bases exist in terms of troops. Bar of course Squirrels troops.

Your Krath war droids are different, theoretically their schematics would be easily learnt from your manufacturers... For all intents and purposes, nothing beyond your ground force, naval force, and supply bases exist in terms of troops. Bar of course Squirrels troops.

Here are my affiliations with the walker:

Krayt personally ordered their production increased by 250% and forced Kuat into giving the rest of the shipyards the schematics to build such a walker.

The Imperious and the Pallaeon carried them for ground attacks, as I have the Navy of the time, this makes sense.

The 501st Legion during Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire used them (both sides as they had a bit of a civil war when Krayt became Emperor).

Rayla you can't unfortunately just have any vehicles you like. Vehicles come from the following sources:

Your supplier i.e. Arakyd Industries

Your chosen military unit i.e. the 501st comes with complementary AT-ATs, AT-STs etc.

You can't just be like "Krayt's Galactic Empire had X so I have X" else we'd end up justifying all kinds of crazy.

If you are inferring that they were never part of my faction, you're wrong, both the Fel Empire and the One Sith deployed them in battle, it was actually Krayt's pet vehicle.

How would you have any of these vehicles? Your supplier can't produce them, and when you choose the 501st, you get the soldiers, not all sorts of imperial technology.