Kaggath Tournament - Sol’yc Empire vs Krayt’s Vision

Beniboybling

They liberated and occupied Gyndine, that take more the 1,200 men+droids...
Well according to Wookieepedia the invasion fleet consisted of one Dungeon Ship and some transports etc. A later design of said Dungeon Ship was said to be capable of carrying 860 people so we can assume that they had no more than that number. Which still leaves them outnumbered.

That said they still have the advantage in terms of skill and weaponry. They are all elite shock troopers.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kandosii:

Medium double turbolasers (30)

Point-defense triple laser cannons (12)

Super-heavy concussion missile launchers (12)

Tractor beam projectors (6)

Pallaeon:

Heavy turbolaser batteries (50)

Medium turbolaser batteries (50)

Ion cannon batteries (40)

Tractor beam projectors (20)

Proton torpedo launchers (50)

Interdiction field

There is no comparison, the Pallaeon takes the Kandosii out easily.

This is exactly what the tech rule is designed to counter. Obviously a vessel built over 3,000 years later is going to possess greater fire power. As a dreadnought, the Kandossi will have roughly the same armament numbers as the Pallaeon. All that matters here is design/type of weaponary.

Edited by Beniboybling

Navy- Rayla is right. The the mandalorian navy is probably smaller than the Krayt navy (though as Beni said it is vague).

Leaders- Strategically, I have the better tactician, but you have more. Any fight the Nek isn't present for you will have an advantage.

I would just like to say that I find this extremely refreshing.

I think we can all take a note from Starsquirl and realize that it's okay to admit that your opponent is right. No one needs to win every point, just the important ones. It's totally fine to relinquish the fact that someone else's force is better than yours in some areas. You don't need to lolzpwn in every single aspect to win.

This is exactly what the tech rule is designed to counter. Obviously a vessel built over 3,000 years later is going to possess greater fire power. As a dreadnought, the Kandossi will have roughly the same armament numbers as the Pallaeon. All that matters here is design/type of weaponary.

I thought equal tech was only meant to be equal power out-put, etc.... if every ship is basically the exact same armament what's the point in any difference?

I thought equal tech was only meant to be equal power out-put, etc.... if every ship is basically the exact same armament what's the point in any difference?
You've just demonstrated why the rule is necessary, the only reason the Paellon is superior to the Kandossi is because of time period, both are designed to be heavy-weapons platforms - that's not what I would call fair.

Anyway having the same number of guns doesn't mean they are exactly the same.

Edited by Beniboybling

You've just demonstrated why the rule is necessary, the only reason the Paellon is superior to the Kandossi is because of time period - that's not what I would call fair.

Anyway having the same number of guns doesn't mean they are exactly the same.

No, because it is a better design, the Centurion-class was from the same timeline as the Kandosii and the Centurion trashed it, the Pallaeon is a far far better ship.

No, because it is a better design, the Centurion-class was from the same timeline as the Kandosii and the Centurion trashed it, the Pallaeon is a far far better ship.
When did the Centurion 'trash' the Kandossi - I can't imagine any vessel being able to trash a being able to trash a heavily-armed dreadnought with super concussive missiles.

Anyway the Pellaeon is "considered one of the most powerful warships in the galaxy and was noted as having unmatched weapon systems and starfighter components."

Its probably more on par with an Imperial-II class star destroyer.

When did the Centurion 'trash' the Kandossi - I can't imagine any vessel being able to trash a being able to trash a heavily-armed dreadnought with super concussive missiles.

Anyway the Pellaeon is "considered one of the most powerful warships in the galaxy and was noted as having unmatched weapon systems and starfighter components."

Its probably more on par with an Imperial-II class star destroyer.

The Centurion was built in anticipation of the largest warships in the Mandalorian fleet and was designed to act as the flagship of any Republic vessels.

But anyway, are we basically saying that the Kandosii has the same firepower as the Pallaeon?

Edited by LadyKulvax

It seems like both leaders are going to be a bit difficult to kill.

Can someone give me a list of Tenel Ka Djo's abilities? That lost arm might cost her.

Krayt was killed before by a ship being blown up. I don't see why the same can't happen again.

I recall Krayt having to be taken out Durge-style.

Fixed.

I guarantee that if your body is blown to bits in space, you will be just as dead as if you were flown into a sun.

An explosion in space in a vessel the size of a capital ship would destroy you on a molecular level. Those molecules would then fly out into space in all different directions, and would not stop moving farther and farther apart until they eventually reach a force of gravity. Be it a star or no.

In other words, if you are inside a ship when it explodes Death Star style in space, you cannot come back.

I guarantee that if your body is blown to bits in space, you will be just as dead as if you were flown into a sun.

An explosion in space in a vessel the size of a capital ship would destroy you on a molecular level. Those molecules would then fly out into space in all different directions, and would not stop moving farther and farther apart until they eventually reach a force of gravity. Be it a star or no.

In other words, if you are inside a ship when it explodes Death Star style in space, you cannot come back.

As I said he can still transfer his essence.

Ok looks like my info is off then but that doesn't change Krayt's position Boba killed his fair share of Jedi and Jaina is still both extremely powerful and extremely skilled with a saber he isn't taking both of them and a few HK-50's at the same time with out back up.

Ok what notable Jedi has Boba killed?...I want evidence, not just something saying that he has because then that could just be more to hype up Boba...so I wanna see some proof.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As I said he can still transfer his essence.

Darth Krayt has never successfully done this. And that is important, seeing as the ability is extremely difficult to do correctly. Even if Luke had not interfered, Krayt could still have failed in possessing Cade.

From the Transfer Essence page on Wookieepedia:

If the target resisted the possession attempt, or if the user failed in their attempt to bond with the object, their disembodied spirit, with nowhere else to go, was consigned to Chaos.[

Darth Krayt has never successfully done this. And that is important, seeing as the ability is extremely difficult to do correctly. Even if Luke had not interfered, Krayt could still have failed in possessing Cade.

From the Transfer Essence page on Wookieepedia:

The possession attempt still comes down to a battle of wills, also Bane is the only one on record that was confirmed to NEED to touch his intended host, all others could transfer their spirits.

Apparently I have been limited to 100, something I was not informed of before this Kaggath, might I add.

Well that poses an issue. Luckily the droids are cheap and easy to produce.

Still. Having only a very small fraction of the droids poses a challenge.

The possession attempt still comes down to a battle of wills, also Bane is the only one on record that was confirmed to NEED to touch his intended host, all others could transfer their spirits.

The question is: who would he be trying to possess if his ship was about to be destroyed in a space battle?

Also, I am almost certainly sure Essence Transfer is against the rules. For example, in the Sith Emperor/Darth Sidious debate, Sidious was outlawed from Essence Transfer. Seeing as the opposing faction's leader can't use it, just as the Sith Emperor couldn't, I think the same reasoning for outlawing it applies here.

Because otherwise Krayt could just body-hop to whoever he wants anytime. This debate is pretty much pointless from the word GO if the only way to kill Krayt is to use the will of Luke Skywalker.

Edited by Warren-Stride