Kaggath Tournament - Sol’yc Empire vs Krayt’s Vision

Beniboybling

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, HK-47 meets the Viper probe droid. Nasty combination.

Very nasty. It will most likely be used to guard planets and prevent an HK-50 strike team from landing.

They have XR-85 tank droids which are fairly impressive, those particle cannons likely pack a considerable punch.

On the other hand the Sol'yc Empire has MandalMotors which gives them access to a range of tank units, including Canderous-assault tanks. Canderous assualt tanks own at everything. :D

Both of those tanks are quite impressive.

Whilst the war wages on (I can quite happily siege Bilbringi and take it down whilst playing defensive, by a siege over Esseles), this effectively leaves my own planets to do as they wish, especially given that every Pallaeon-class is it's own Interdiction fleet, meaning there is no way that ships are getting passed those Star Destroyers.

HK-50 droids are going to damage my infrastructure, but this can only last so long before people realise sabotage is happening and counter-measures can effectively be made. At the same time before crucial battles I can easily store Infiltrator probots into supplies, containers, all sorts of things and effectively send in a vanguard to cause battles between ships before my fleet drops out of hyperspace, this would cause sufficient chaos so that the first few major battles give me the advantage, with my numbers doing all the rest.

At the same time Foerost shipyards can continue the construction of more ships, Foerost being one of the largest shipyards in the galaxy, this effectively nullifies any significant advantages.

At the same time Koros Major allows me the construction of further Krath War Droids to beef up the forces I have to bring to bear on the ground, if the HK-50 units are busy playing infliltration, the Mandalorian commandos have little in the way of support besides Basilisk droids, these however can be subverted by the power of the vehicles used by the 501st Stormtrooper Legion a.k.a Vader's Fist, which includes the AT-AT and the AT-ST as well as numerous missile support vehicles as well as tank droids.

In space I still have a large advantage when it comes to speed, my Ardent-class Fast Frigate can cause heavy damage just by continuing to out-jump and out-run any ships the Mandalorians have to offer, which could cause lots of damage behind their own lines and these ships are hardly irreplaceable they were the main frigate of the fleet.

My flagships the Imperious-class can effectively take on a fleet by itself, it faced off against one sector fleet and was winning until a second fleet showed up and caused it's surrender.

When it comes to the leadership I actually think things are about equal, whilst Squirrel may have the superior tactician, I have more, which in the end counts as whilst one battle can be won at one place, the rest are going to be losses, the win/lose ratio just won't keep up.

And of course we can debate what would happen in one-on-one fights.

I apologise for earlier statements it just annoys me that in almost any debate now things starting piling up, whilst the last thread was a victory, it was still difficult, quite difficult, to make any significant arguments and defend against other arguments at the same time, I simply don't want the same to happen here as it is extremely tiring and takes a lot more brainpower than I am willing to spare for every single time we have these Kaggaths.

True, it could also prevent the hijacking by self-destruct, taking an HK-50 or probably multiple, with it.

Yup, yup. And like you said, you can use Infiltrator Probots to lay the ground work for an invasion.

I'm sure the SE will catch on to the Infiltrator probes, but by then the damage will have been done.

Yup, yup. And like you said, you can use Infiltrator Probots to lay the ground work for an invasion.

I'm sure the SE will catch on to the Infiltrator probes, but by then the damage will have been done.

We still have yet more to reveal, but save that till later. :jawa_evil:

Seeing as nobody's replied, I'll pitch in for StarSquirrel. You've got a strong scenario there Rayla, but I think your underestimating the Sol'yc Empire's ground advantage:

They have likely over 1,000 Mandalorian supercommandos at their disposal armed with advanced blaster rifles, wrist lasers, jetpacks, missle launchers and Mandalorian armour. 1 Mando is likely worth 3-5 clone troopers. Couple that with thier advanced training, wealth of experience and guerrilla style-tactics and they've got a significant edge.

They also have 1000 BL-series Battle Legionnaire droids, these frontline troops can be armed with conventional blaster weapons or turned into full-fledged weapons platforms armed with heavy blaster cannons. They also have signal jammers and can move at speeds of up to 30 km per hour for more than a day without recharging - making them excellent companions for swift hit and run tactics.

And what better units to complement guerrilla style fighters - assassin droids. HK-50 droids are highly skilled with sniper rifles can provided long ranged hidden support and on top of that are armed with carbonite projectors and flamethrowers as well as being specifically designed to hunt down Jedi.

And with MandalMotors on-board they've got highly advanced vehicles to back them up. We are talking Canderous-assault tanks armed with dual mass-driver cannons that can tear through practically anything with armour rivalling that of an AT-AT - which they are perfectly geared towards taking down.

The best tactics the Sol'yc Empire can use is planned ambushes, taking the 501st and their Krath War Droids offguard and decimating them with advanced firepower, then disappearing before then can mount a proper deference. With jetpacks they can be easily outflank and rain down missiles while the Legionarre droids draw their fire and the HK units take out any threats from afar.

And now combine that with the Sol'yc Empire's planet choices. We've got Esseles, a fortress world on which they will likely seize Fort Cravus as a base of operations, an immense citadel with a strategic advantage. We've got Mandalore, with plenty of forested territory to stage an ambush, as well as being the homeworld of the Mandos - a world they know best. We've got Myrkr which is also heavily forested and filled with yslamari - negating the abilities of any Force-wielding individuals i.e. Talon and Krayt, as well as being filled with vicious vornskr and possessing high metal content that scrambles sensors. We've got Telos IV were Sol'yc forces are going to be hunkered down in a military bunker surrounded by mines and turrets. And that's just on the outside, inside we've got more turrets, gas vents, assault droids and a tank droid, as well as a series of ray shields.

And that's remembering that on each world Krayt's Vision are going to have to find each base of operations first, and while they fumble in the dark the Sol'yc Empire is going to be picking them off one by one.

Simply put, defeating the Sol'yc Empire on the ground is not going to be easy.

Edited by Beniboybling

Oops, Esseles, Brentaal. I get them mixed up. :o

Random note, isn't in strange that two planets almost right next to eachother have starship names i.e. the Brentaal Star and the Esseles.

And they're both Hammerhead cruisers that appeared in the Opening flashpoints :o

Thats what he said?
I changed it.

Fort Cravus is on Esseles by the way people.

EDIT: And it just so happens to have the green and gold colour scheme of Mandalorian Protectors which are also Tenel Ka Djo's and Boba Fett's trade mark colours. Most impressive Star, most impressive. :jawa_wink:

Edited by Beniboybling

Oops, Esseles, Brentaal. I get them mixed up. :o

Random note, isn't in strange that two planets almost right next to eachother have starship names i.e. the Brentaal Star and the Esseles.

It is strange, but I find that the Republic (or good guys in general) aren't very creative with ship names.

It is strange, but I find that the Republic (or good guys in general) aren't very creative with ship names.
And the Empire is?

Assertor

Aggressor

Dominator

Destroyer

Executor

etc. etc.

I didn't even look them up, I'm just guessing - but I bet you the are all Imperial warships. :D

Edited by Beniboybling

TBH, I don't see the SE getting anywhere with hit-and-run tactics. Judging from the map, the KV's worlds are entrenched in the Core and Deep Core, making hyperspace travel difficult. And then there's the fact that the KV has powerful interdictor ships to keep whatever SE vessels that do attack from fleeing.

It's best if the SE just hunkers down and plays defensively.