strange?

Chambomorrison

The other day from a PvP arena for the first time and there are two things I do not understand:

1. I can not use my companion? because they would not let me

2.Can be attacking you in pairs? because that did (flock of cowards)

PvP isn't fair. Wear a helmet. :cool:

No companions allowed in PVP zones. Sorry.

PvPers aren't known for fighting "fair". It's the nature of it.

The other day from a PvP arena for the first time and there are two things I do not understand:

1. I can not use my companion? because they would not let me

2.Can be attacking you in pairs? because that did (flock of cowards)

this is open world pvp (aka no holds barred, no rules etc). and yes, no companions in zone.

Play to win is the only rule. Players who "fight fair" are referred to as the dead. If there is a group killing you the only option is to rally your own posse or bug out.

Much truth in your words! I have wanted to gather a gang but do not want to end up doing the same thing that cowards!

Much truth in your words! I have wanted to gather a gang but do not want to end up doing the same thing that cowards!

1) stop saying cowards

2) cowardice has nothing to do with it

Open PVP has less in common with a one on one or 5v5 game with set rules, and more in common with modern warfare or maybe a prison yard fight. Luckily for you, there isnt anything to lose here in SWTOR PVP. Play a game where losing has a big penalty and you'll probably change your 'gomg they are cowards!' mentality really fast.

You should try playing EVE online, it's a pretty good game.

1) stop saying cowards

2) cowardice has nothing to do with it

Open PVP has less in common with a one on one or 5v5 game with set rules, and more in common with modern warfare or maybe a prison yard fight. Luckily for you, there isnt anything to lose here in SWTOR PVP. Play a game where losing has a big penalty and you'll probably change your 'gomg they are cowards!' mentality really fast.

You should try playing EVE online, it's a pretty good game.

Runescape has a major penalty also. Game-wide, if you die, you drop all but 3 items on the ground. If you are "skulled" (their version of a pvp flag) you lose everything you are wearing and everything in your bag.

PvP is only allowed in certain areas known as wilderness, and you can't attack someone of a different level unless you more deeper into the wild.

Of course the object of PvP there is you get to pick up your victim's belongings.

I don't understand the idea that its bad to pile on someone in PVP arenas because the levels of players are equalized.

On a normal world where I see 5 completely armored up level 55 players on planets like Tatooine jumping level 20 players, waiting for them to revive to keep killing him, that I have an issue with.

But in Arenas, kill or be kill. If I see some getting jumped I'm throwing in on that.

My apologies for using the word coward if I offended someone. I'm not saying it's bad to play PvP. What I think is bad, is the attitude of hiding with another player (never alone) and always attack this alone. I do not want to be subject discord, only I thought it was like I was saying the name of PvP. Sure I understood things wrong.

It is called stratagy. Strength in numbers. Grouping.

Continuing to wander aimlesly alone in PVP areas is called something else. There is no honerable code of conduct in open world PVP. Try queueing up for warzones and see if that is not more to your likeing. But traveling alone in a world full of killers is just not the most intelligent thing to do.

My apologies for using the word coward if I offended someone. I'm not saying it's bad to play PvP. What I think is bad, is the attitude of hiding with another player (never alone) and always attack this alone. I do not want to be subject discord, only I thought it was like I was saying the name of PvP. Sure I understood things wrong.

If you are talking to me, i'm not offended. I'm trying to get you to change your mindset.

It has nothing to do with being a coward, nothing to do with hiding behind another player, nothing to do with emotion. Strength in numbers...its a very simple concept. Do you think modern wars are still fought with equal numbers of armies standing face to face and shooting at each other until one side runs out of soldiers? If you want PVP to be fair then you need to get into organized PVP IE Warzones or duel people.

I know one thing, first to punch first to win in bar fights. And if you are getting beat down make sure one thing, you hit the girl... always hit the girl first. Cause even if you lose the fight badly, he still has to go home with Puffy Face Magee.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.