2.0 DPS Leaderboard (v2)

Don't want to point fingers but wow those parses look incriminating. If this is true... what a shame. #sadface. I hope he speaks up soon though. But until then, do you guys think he also edits his raid logs?

i dont think his raid logs are false, thats just stupid, that would be sad, i think he might have done that with dummy parse, because i dont see an escape route here, but let him explain... to be completely honest, like that, there is probably way more edited parses, 2-3-4 extra Crits would boost you 10-30 dps easily depending on which spell, and doesnt need to be a 80% crit chance, just from 15% to 35% its a huge difference, and people probably dont notice... when u "doctor" parses comparing to other people, you see some weird stuff, like incredibly high Crit chances and hits just as hard as "stack power" spec. or a 0 crit spec doing insane high crit out of nowhere on "some"abilities, yet it can be RNG, or it can be some minor tweaks on Logs, people cant go 1 by 1 asking everyone, i just think people has to be fair on stuff... on the other hand, that threat thing does look very obvious, again, let him explain.

we have had this discussion in guild the other day, really find no reason for anyone to edit parses for this, no one will "win" anything from here, its just for community to compare, and compete, if you edit your parses to do 300 more dps, you just giving false information, and you wont do that in raids, so even if you parse 355555000000 in dummy and u come to raids and cant do decent numbers, no one will use you in their raids, even if you link them 10 false parses.

so, bottom line, stop editing parses its stupid, doesnt matter whos top, as much as how u perform in raid, and how u do your rotation, leaver your epeen behind or w/e, let people have fair and fun competition here... probably if u grab my operative Parse, and compare to 2nd-3rd place, and u put exact my same stats and my same crit %, they will do the same numbers, skill and rotation helps, but in the end, between top players, it comes down to luck.... Top parses are most of them, luck, crit luck, and maybe more gear, plus great players that knows how to do stuff.

being top of this leader board wont make you the "best" of your class, just made you the highest parse, just that... i guess we all agree on this :)... so stop trying to cheat parsing if people are really doing it.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I remember a time when men were men and kept it clean and honest. Now all we see are boys that like the pull the wool over peoples eyes to look good. Time to defend yourself. Either tell us we are all crazy and that its an error with logging or take responsbility for your actions like a man.

Don't want to point fingers but wow those parses look incriminating. If this is true... what a shame. #sadface. I hope he speaks up soon though. But until then, do you guys think he also edits his raid logs?

As fair as I know, he is now enjoying beatiful, sunny weekend and might now be here until Sunday raid. I'm far from judging or jumping to any conclusion, but answering your second question, Thoric is always coming on MOX as our top melee, sometimes even top dps in general, beating slingers in some fights, and obviously there is no way to forge your parses in real time, proving he is one of most skilled dps in the game

I am just as much curious about this situation as any of you

Hey, I remember a time when men were men and kept it clean and honest. Now all we see are boys that like the pull the wool over peoples eyes to look good. Time to defend yourself. Either tell us we are all crazy and that its an error with logging or take responsbility for your actions like a man.

The PvE Community was clean and honest, then Death and Taxes came along, skipped a boss and got the entire community against them when the started claiming Worldfirsts, from that point it all just gone worse and worse :p

But ontopic, Thoric is a amazing damage dealer even thought he sometimes has annoying assignments, but that is just since he can be trusted with almost everything and still be able o do awesome DPS, I am just as puzzled as you are to why he has done this.

Funny note, I once make a fake parse, I kicked the Combat Dummys *** and then changed everything to Ops dummy, reason was our guildmaster req. everyone that wanted a 72 Mainhand to do a parse of 2.8k or higher. My parse was around 3.2 with like a mix of 66 and 69 gear, I am still wondering how he could buy it, but I got my mainhand the next raid so I am happy :D

The PvE Community was clean and honest, then Death and Taxes came along, skipped a boss and got the entire community against them when the started claiming Worldfirsts, from that point it all just gone worse and worse :p

But ontopic, Thoric is a amazing damage dealer even thought he sometimes has annoying assignments, but that is just since he can be trusted with almost everything and still be able o do awesome DPS, I am just as puzzled as you are to why he has done this.

Funny note, I once make a fake parse, I kicked the Combat Dummys *** and then changed everything to Ops dummy, reason was our guildmaster req. everyone that wanted a 72 Mainhand to do a parse of 2.8k or higher. My parse was around 3.2 with like a mix of 66 and 69 gear, I am still wondering how he could buy it, but I got my mainhand the next raid so I am happy :D

Hah someone is new to mmo end game raiding. Boss skipping perfectly fine. By majority of the community you mean the 4 guilds that had members post something while others said it was fine and were logging on our server to tell us they supported our decision? For you new comers to the mmo scene boss skipping has been around for years please refer to wowprogress.com. Please by all means continue to talk out your butt though.

As for the subject it takes a really dishonest person to change a log in notepad and try to pass it off. If the guy wants to clear the subject up Im more than willing to listen to what he says but he hasnt said anything

Rofl I can't parse over 2700 and on each fight i'm in the top 1-5 for my AC and the only sorc/sage on 8M to have killed NM styrak.

Thats silly as a rule to get a MH.

I'd take raider B who can't parse close to raider A if raider B was mechanically superior and had little to no flaws. I also find it silly spending hours weekly parsing because it gives you little to no real application in a raid scenario. I'd rather watch footage from my PoV for those hours and see during each phase my mishaps and how I can do better.

Only helps muscle memory and testing new gear/builds

Edited by JDotter

last time i counted it, the # of unique accounts that posted in that thread and said they were against skipping was the majority versus the # of unique accounts that said it was fine, "in this specific forums (heroics/ops/flashpoints), in this specific game (swtor). lol. the thread is out there somewhere, but too lazy to dig it up.

someone can volunteer to count it again i may be outdated .

Edited by paowee

last time i counted it, the # of unique accounts that posted in that thread and said they were against skipping was the majority versus the # of unique accounts that said it was fine, "in this specific forums (heroics/ops/flashpoints), in this specific game (swtor). lol. the thread is out there somewhere, but too lazy to dig it up.

someone can volunteer to count it again i may be outdated .

Which thread? there were about 3 involved in it. Also to put things in perspective TFB progression thread had a max cap of 30 top guilds...some guilds didnt make the list because so many guilds were participating. After what occured in that thread compare the SV progression thread. There are 15 guilds and 1 pug group participating. going from an overflow of approx 37 guilds that posted progression in TFB thread to 15 guilds and 1 pug group? Sounds like a lot more disagreed with your method or style. Not to mention the numerous folks that logged onto our server to say they agreed with us and the unspoken majority that doesnt bother with the forums. So yeah once again you are a minority. You wonder why less and less people take part in progression threads? Don't have to wonder anymore its obvious.

Edit: I went through the NiM TFB progression thread only and the count I got was 28 unique posters agreeing with skipping (people from 9 different guilds + people with no guild tag indicticated or identified with their post). 26 unique posters disagreeing with skipping bosses (people from 8 different guilds + people with no guild tag indicated or identified in their post). And 3 people with mixed feelings that said it should count or count at lower points as progression. So yeah looks like a majority. Most of those posts in the thread ended up being updates on kills, friendly banter, suggestions for future, thoughts on difficulty of the fights etc.

Edited by Ansalem

Kindran - Sage - Balance 5/5/36 - 2897dps

http://www.torparse.com/a/365677/1/0/Damage+Dealt

As per the rules, parses ended through editing the log are not allowed. Please link the full parse.

The rest are updated. At any rate, for those concerned, Thoric's existing parse has been taken down and if/when he provides an adequate explanation to his fake parse, his old parse will be put back up.

Additionally, a number of you have voiced some concerns about guilds capable of getting kell dragon gear and those that cannot, so in the near future I will be requiring AMR profiles. Please be aware of this upcoming change and perhaps even start putting yours together now.

Man, you have no shame whatsoever...

Not when my class has the choice of one spec for a high dummy parse, no. And there's no sense in denying anything.

I mean it wasn't like I was looking for a quick fix for a top 5 slot, if that was the case I would go gunnery. It is truly dumb that I can parse so high in boss fights as hybrid, yet not on the dummy.

As seen here:

S&V:

16M Nightmare Dash'rode: 2317 Highest Commando 16m

16M Nightmare Titan 6: 2183 5th Highest Commando 16m

16M Nightmare Thrasher: 2430 Highest Commando 16m

16M Nightmare Operations Chief: 2481 Highest Commando 16m

16M Nightmare Cartel Warlords: 2367 Highest Commando 16m

TFB:

16M Nightmare Writhing Horror: 2575 2nd Highest Commando 16m

16M Nightmare Dread Guard: 2688 Highest Commando 16m

8M Hard Kephess The Undying: 4146 3rd Highest Commando 8m

The dummy is kind of a poor measurement of "Top DPS" don't you think?

I have literally tried every hybrid spec out there: 0/18/28; 0/33/15; 2/28/16; 3/18/25; 7/34/5; I could go on.

1/12/33 is still the closest Assault/Pyro is ever going to get to a gunnery/arsenal dummy parse.

It's been a long night of banging my head against a dummy, so hopefully you can sympathize with me a bit to find a simple fix to my frustration.

You dont get it, do you?

You cheated, by editing your Assault parses not once, but several times, you got caught and you act like nothing happened?

If only to mention in one log:

04:49:21.804 Kantner's Burning (Tech) critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 884* elemental damage, causing 884 threat!

In another:

04:49:21.804 Kantner's Burning (Tech) hits Operations Training Dummy for 433 elemental damage, causing 433 threat.

Edited by Shandellon