Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I Want To Like TOR, But It Just Feels Old

Shadysketchy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you want WoW, you should go back to playing WoW.

Your list has few to no legitimate complaints.

We don't want WoW, we want........wait for it..............wait for it..........

BETTER THAN WOW

That's becoming a more viable option, everyday

I mean honestly, as long as I don't make a Pandaren myself, I probably won't see that many, except during the brief time it'll take to level up in the continent of Pandaria

Anyway, wouldn't you rather SWTOR keep a lot of subscribers, and be a successful MMO, than just have everyone quit, and go play WoW, leaving SWTOR without enough subscribers to keep it afloat without going free to play?

I would like to see less hate on the forums towards the game that is a week old. If that means a lot of people not subbing later on, then yes, it will just be a better community.

so ur saying when wow was released it had all this

if every mmo released with all that **** then it be 10 years behind

if u dont like it keep to urself

other ppl love this game

troll elseswhere

also graphics are 10x better than wow

u only played space mission i guess and couldnt figure out how to get out of ur ship

so ur saying when wow was released it had all this

if every mmo released with all that **** then it be 10 years behind

if u dont like it keep to urself

other ppl love this game

troll elseswhere

also graphics are 10x better than wow

u only played space mission i guess and couldnt figure out how to get out of ur ship

First of all, excellent grammar and use of the return key (obviously trolling). Second of all, WoW was released in 2004. This game came out in 2011. Just released or not, that's a 7 year difference.

Edited by AmandaBynes

WOW has had 7 years of being released to add content and fix bugs and tweak its overall game play. No MMO release will be up to WOW current standards upon release. not possible.

You cannot expect a decade of programming to be put into a game that hasn't been released. It's called MONEY son...

WOW has had 7 years of being released to add content and fix bugs and tweak its overall game play. No MMO release will be up to WOW current standards upon release. not possible.

You cannot expect a decade of programming to be put into a game that hasn't been released. It's called MONEY son...

Adding everything on my list wouldn't really be that expensive; especially considering the massive budget SWTOR had

Its funny you posted this right after me. So your point is, new MMO games should not be competitive with the existing MMO market? Just trying to clear that up.

Story driven quests, multiple pets, also story driven, crafting that can be assigned to said multiple pets, your own ship and with it the ability to store cargo instead of finding a bank as well as some entertaining starfox side quests, gear you can keep when you like it and upgrade it purely with mods, boring kill x quests are added enroute to your main objective instead of picking it up from multiple quest givers and most are completed before reaching your main objective, but if this runon sentence isn't enough for you then I guess it might feel old.

And that budget went into most of the game that makes swtor different from WoW.

Why doesnt wow have full voice acting and cut-scenes like swtor is what you should be asking.

You still haven't answered my question yet. Your next point is that, since this game has voice acting and cut scenes, it doesn't need a ton of other features? I'm willing to bet a lot of people started space-baring the cut scene optional quests after a while. I watch all the class quests, but the other quests get pretty dull as you get to the higher levels. I felt the lower level ones were much more interesting.

Thing I dont understand is 3/4 of the references you made to WoW were things that were added throughout the life of that game. Surely a reasonable person would think yea them things are great but to expect bioware to add these features at launch is just stupid the game would never get released? surely??

and about the bugs ffs it aint that bad you would of loved vanguard!

Edited by commandkill

Thing I dont understand is 3/4 of the references you made to WoW were things that were added throughout the life of that game. Surely a reasonable person would think yea them things are great but to expect bioware to add these features at launch is just stupid the game would never get released? surely??

I asked a question a few posts above yours asking someone else this same question. We shouldn't expect new MMOs in 2011/2012 to compete with existing MMOs on the market. Is that your point? Its a lousy one.

Don't get me wrong. I agree the game is in need of some things desperately. Customization of the UI for one.

I dont defend the many many things that need changing. But its the same old story.

Game releases because it needs to make money. Is it finished? NOPE! Are any mmos ever really ready to go at release? NOPE!

I suppose I just know what to expect at this point. If the game survives financially. It will have all those things you want sooner than you think.

Don't get me wrong. I agree the game is in need of some things desperately. Customization of the UI for one.

I dont defend the many many things that need changing. But its the same old story.

Game releases because it needs to make money. Is it finished? NOPE! Are any mmos ever really ready to go at release? NOPE!

I suppose I just know what to expect at this point. If the game survives financially. It will have all those things you want sooner than you think.

This.

So all you Panda lovers return to the Pokemon Land. Go now. Flee.

I'm sure the plan was to get the game to market before too many lost interest and, as with all MMO's, add content in a future patch about the time normal people reach level 50.

What's the new patch in WoW, the one after Firelands? Yeah, whatever it is, how long will it take for you to be bored with it and how long will it take them to patch in new content? The answers are 'soon' and 'a while after that.' Frankly everything WoW has put out after BC and to a lesser extent the ZA patch has been a borefest. Sure, they have end-game content but its alot like opening a pack of baseball cards, most of its pure crap.

I'm sure the plan was to get the game to market before too many lost interest and, as with all MMO's, add content in a future patch about the time normal people reach level 50.

What's the new patch in WoW, the one after Firelands? Yeah, whatever it is, how long will it take for you to be bored with it and how long will it take them to patch in new content? The answers are 'soon' and 'a while after that.' Frankly everything WoW has put out after BC and to a lesser extent the ZA patch has been a borefest. Sure, they have end-game content but its alot like opening a pack of baseball cards, most of its pure crap.

If its such a borefest than why is it still by far the most profitable MMO? Oh because its just your opinion and you're bashing another game for no reason. Being a hater pretty much makes your opinion useless. I think a majority of posters here, including myself, just want this game to be better at the end of the day.

If its such a borefest than why is it still by far the most profitable MMO? Oh because its just your opinion and you're bashing another game for no reason. Being a hater pretty much makes your opinion useless. I think a majority of posters here, including myself, just want this game to be better at the end of the day.

I agree

I just want to help BioWare fix SWTOR; I don't know why people perceive this to be a negative thing

Probably because its been the only kid on the block for such a long time, its all people know. Or maybe because they made the game so easy my grandmother could level to 85 and get epic gear without too much fuss. Ford's F150 has notoriously been a best-seller in America, does that mean its a better truck? I'm a Ford fan but I bet I could find many that would disagree.

I agree

I just want to help BioWare fix SWTOR; I don't know why people perceive this to be a negative thing

You are one CUSTOMER with little experience in the way of actually doing anything meaningful for a game.(Just a wager, but you're probably not an economics/statistics/trends expert or a software engineer.)

You're not trying to help. Stop it.

Edited by Vaegaknight

Probably because its been the only kid on the block for such a long time, its all people know. Or maybe because they made the game so easy my grandmother could level to 85 and get epic gear without too much fuss. Ford's F150 has notoriously been a best-seller in America, does that mean its a better truck? I'm a Ford fan but I bet I could find many that would disagree.

Aion, Rift, Age of Conan, City of Heroes, Everquest 2, Lord of the Rings, I can keep going if you'd like. Only kid on the block, haha ok. Yes the questing is easy in the game, its almost like a tutorial 1-85. They do offer challenging content once you reach that point though, you obviously havn't gotten there. You think this game is "hard"?

Edited by AmandaBynes

The problem with Swtor is not content.

let me say that again,

The problem with Swtor is not content.

The problem is that outline for the game was written in 2004 and they never updated it.